Lost items while building

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I was building a new ship and placing blocks with symmetry mode turned on, and blocks got placed which apparently overwrote some weapons. I did not expect this to happen, and the blocks were not placed back into my connected inventory either. I checked several other inventories and they are not there. They apparently went poof.

A short while later, BEFORE I had even placed fuel tanks and the CV was still powered OFF, I placed a fusion reactor and as soon as I placed it, it just randomly exploded. No warning, nothing, just click, it appeared, and then boom!! Took out my LX-2 railgun and a bunch of carbon blocks as well. There were no enemies in the area as I’m building at a polaris trade hub sector.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Morndenkainen

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 06:00? Around then?

On which Playfield?
=> Epsilon 13721 VI

Structure Name(s)?
=> Doomstick

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 11825243

How can we help you now?
=> It would be nice if you could replace the 4 Modulated laser turret (Gamma)'s that got overwritten by carbon fiber blocks as well as at least the Fusion reactor. Kind of a pain to eat that loss considering that you have to spend a significant amount of time traveling around to buy near-worthless junk just to be able to craft them, and I really don’t want to be spending that time just flying around from planet to planet to buy a couple of items.

Also, no idea why, but around 07:42, the mirroring mode decided to overwrite the core of the ship as well… Fortunatley, I caught it before the server deleted the entire ship, and I’ve since turned it off and stopped using it. Things like this should NOT be happening. I mean seriously, if I hadn’t had a spare core or two, or that had been my patreon core? I would probably be way more upset. May want to include a warning about symmetry mode, because this could have been way worse.

Hey, @morndenkainen.

As you know yourself now, the symmetry mode is another badly implemented feature from Empyrion. There’s not really much we can do about it, and we have no logs over it either.

But as a one-time exception, we can take your word for it and replace the turrets. I’ve put them into your inventory now.

hmm…a game feature is implemented by game developers and server admins have no impact on it…now you want server owner to put a warning in game about it?
Perhaps should people not use things/features they don’t understand properly and didn’t bother to learn about them…

Thank you. And no, I didn’t know about the symmetry mode overwriting items. That’s why I said I feel like it needs a warning pop up or something.

Yeah… Because you know, server owners can’t install mods like reforged eden which totally change the way the game works and newer players who’ve just started playing the game somehow know every little quirk and bug so they can definitely avoid them all and should never have issues…

Just because YOU have 30K hours in a game, doesn’t mean everyone else does. Try and keep that in mind.