Lost ships and cargo

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Lost ships

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> nickshaw1

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> Re EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> three days ago

On which Playfield?
=> 8287/2867/-11366

Structure Name(s)?
=> SDS Scimitar & MINE ref & CV not showing in structure list

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 20673692 & 20674693 & CV not showing in structure list

How can we help you now?
=> In space fight with a frigate. Was winning when shields shut off. Could see no reason as fuel and Pentaxid levels were all good. Cloned in another system. Finally built another CV and flown back to system of battle. Ships were there and was working on restoring the CV. In between I have gone on vacation and just logged on but nothing there only the ship I used to get back to the system. I suspect all destroyed but any chance of a restore?

Hey, @nickshaw1.

It looks to me like they were deleted by a common docking bug. The command cb:restore:ID should bring them back :slight_smile:

Great managed to restore the two ships. Lost the main CV and a lot of cargo but guess that what happens in war, although unsure why the shields suddenly shut down on me as all was looking good and the frigate I was battering was close to going down :frowning:

Many thanks for the quick response :slight_smile:

The CV’s shield might have been disabled if you accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut to turn it off. I don’t remember which button that is, but I know it exists.
Other than that, the only reason I can see is if your shield died.

Unfortunately ships lost in combat is usually not something we can help with, since technically it’s all gameplay :grimacing:

As Dr.Dark said make sure to check your keybinds.
By default the keybind to shut shields off/on is ‘X’.

As you know the ‘X’ key is extremely close to ALL the keys you press constantly. A tiny slip of the finger will EASILY press it by accident.

I recommend rebinding it, and it can also be a key combo instead of a single key.
I like to use 'Shift+X" as I am far less likely to accidentally press that combo as opposed to just ‘X’.

You can also just remove the binding entirely, so the only way to switch it on/off is through the control panel then.
It is a very, very, very stupid choice for a default keybind by the devs…

2 Likes

Many thanks both. I think that was probably it, as was using the C and Space bar to avoid incoming fire. I will rebind and appreciate the tip :slight_smile:

pro empyrion tip 42: unbind X & Z

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.