Messed up a base spawn I think

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> I spawned a bp near my base. I may have been to quick to remove the core and try to place an alien core. then I got confused and did it 2 more times wasting cores. Now I started tearing it down with my multitool and try again. I would rather recycle it so I can at least recover the alien core that it currently in it but it doesnt show in the structure manager.

Player(s) with issue:
=> elzn

Server:
=> na

Time (cb:time):
=> Wednesday april 15 @ ~00:15

Playfield:
=> paragon

Structure Name(s):
=> Bobs_Bistro_HQ

Structure ID(s):
=> 2061409

How can we help you now:
=> Fix structure ownership or destroy it and return materials if possible

including alien core. If the other 2 alien cores I bone headedly wasted could be returned too that would be great.

Good Morning.

With alien core its not just as simple as replacing it… there are steps to take ;-

regarding replacement of cores, that would be up to main admin
@RexXxuS

I dont know how this got flagged as solution, but it is not solved.

The structure doesn’t show in the structure manager so I cannot select it to make it private, or to recycle it.

Since only stock answers are forthcoming I guess I will manually tear it down this evening but I was really hoping to salvage at least one of the alien cores I wasted, and since much of it is pushed below ground I wont be able to get alot of the materials without a bunch of digging.

@RexXxuS

You get the Alien Core
You want to get the ID of that structure BEFORE placing / replacing the core. Also make sure this structure is not new created. Otherwise wait at least 5 minutes before you proceed.
2.1 Either by checking HWS Connect > Structure Commander
2.2 Open your registry, select the structure you want to place the core in and click on statistics. The ID is at the bottom left visible
2.3 Type “di” in your game console, look at your structure and see top center the ID
If no server restart is near and no other structures are near, you can replace your old Core with the Alien Core
You can’t access your structure anymore since it’s set to “No Faction”.
Now press TAB and go to the Control Panel

for replacements of cores that would be @RexXxuS

Did you use the do:ac command sometimes it takes 5 or 6 attempts

do:ac is old method… dont use that please, hit tab on structure and simply change it to faction.

replacements of cores would be up to @rexxxus

I know it’s old method but it still works eventually :joy::joy:

Hello, just saw this.

I’m bit confused.

First this ID does not exist:

Then the ID I manually extracted from your screenshot shows it is set to you (private)

Then in the guide it says in huge bold orange letters

So I am not sure what my job is here now?

Thankyou, I got it fixed a little while ago but then had to join a meeting for work before I was able to update the thread.

I was looking in the registry and not seeing the structure. I realized I needed to be going over to the control panel. made the same error a while back. Brain fart.

I am irritated with myself for wasting 2 more alien cores in confusion while doing this and would be appreciative if they were replaced, but I fully understand if you cant do this since there is no evidence of this other than presumably logs from when I screwed up around the time of the start of this thread.

No problem.
Yeah, the second is difficult but for the first one I found it, I think.
So gave you 1 Alien Core now.

All good now?

Thankyou, Your the man!. Now get back to work on HWS12 :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.