Multiple player names in tool

See attached.

getting multiple player names in the tool.

under player folder i can confirm there is only 1 file per the duplicate players

Hey,

thanks for the Info.

what Version are you using?
Version Number
Full/Lite
Master/Salve or single tool on Server?
Since when do you have the problems?

Do you have the same problem after restarting the tool? Or are those names single again?

Hi Jascha

Full version 1.38.1.0
Single tool on actual server
about a week ago.

just stopped the server, closed tool and reopened.

still the same

@Jascha i have some more info.

it seems to happen when you by accident open another instance of the EMP helper.
it then creates a new player in the tool for players that are currently online.

on restarting of the tool it then also resets the inventory to 0 for those duplicate players…have some players that i need to give new inventory

Oh… yes that is very bad… Then both tools are using the same database and at the same time add people. Never do that. You would have to start the other tool in slave mode to work.

@Jascha It was run from the same shortcut (ie same program)

So how would one fix this now?

Maybe a suggestion to write in some code to first check if another instance of the tool isnt running yet?

I have to see if I can do that since you could run the tool twice with different folders…

Not sure there is a way to fix that. You would have to delete the Player-Database.
So just close the tool. then got to the Tool\Config folder and delete the EAH_Ply.dat

If you know when that happend oyu could also just copy that database file from one of the tools backusp (see Tool\Backup folder)

@Jascha not sure on exact timing to when it happened.

Would deleting the EAH_Ply.dat just restore the names or will it delete their stats, inventory etc as well?

yes, i can run the tool more then once from the same folder.

After they log in again you should see all Player and their data again. No Inventorys will be deleted. Thats on the game side. the inventory was also not deleted before, but it is only shown when the player is online (or if you klick FileTransfer/Refresh on the player)

Actually you should not loose any data. The only thing is that the player will only show up after a login

But it would be also of no harm to try some of the player-databases from backup

aaa almost like repopulate…cool. will backup and try that.

let me know if you need any log files if you want to use it.