NA friendzone. Free hugs

Everybody’s definition of fair is going to vary to some large degree. So let’s hash a few things out.

After RexXxus removed offline protection from the NA side, I was the one who asked to reinstate the max base limit of 10. Not for personal gain, but more of a mutual understanding that both sides cannot be removed from their respective planets they hold with just 2 bases per faction. But look at the differences between then and now.

Then it was a constant invasion from TAW/ACP/HPG/DIV on Homeworld. Unless you had multiple factions clustering bases and you had no bunker, you didn’t keep much on planet because of our offline base snipers.

But look at the differences now; how often is Homeworld attacked? Now it’s the TPP/SCO/Op4 alliance bringing the fight to their doorstep. So of course they are going to use every tactic they can think of, regardless how questionable they seem to be.

But now we bicker over and I quote, “stupidest fucking things I have ever witnessed”. Everything from attack towers, garage ships, to using a command in game to kill yourself or destroy what you have left…

It’s getting old. Don’t we have better things to do? Quit whining and play.

Just to be clear, the Homeworld assaults since OLP removal have only been ACP. TAW/HPG are too busy to join our fun. DIV? That entire faction has been inactive for the past month, they have been dead for a while.

I am actually fairly burnt out on planetary combat. I am on a quest to make Black Hole great again.

1 Like

Hence why I said then. There were a number of factions since that have either combined with others or stopped playing altogether.

It’s easy to attack GG, attacking Homeworld is a PITA.

1. Resource deposits. We either have to come down and drill out all of the resource deposits where we want to setup, or try and find a spot that is large enough for us to setup there.

2. Mobs. Mobs. Mobs. Mobs. Not the worst thing in the world, but mobs.

3. Lag. For all the complaining that goes on about GG, Homeworld is worse than GG due to it’s higher level of entities.

I wish I could endlessly attack you, but it’s too much of a pain these days to come down and setup an operation unless I can get 4 or 5 guys with me. And as Booyah pointed out TAW/HPG rarely want to leave GG.

1 Like

Guilty of being in that faction. (Seriously guilty, some of those guys ruined it for the rest of us).

What I find interesting is that almost no one complained about the setup we had. The majority of the player base at that time just accepted and played around it. Now we can’t even spawn 4 or 5 bases close together without being accused of being unfair.

Bases are part of gameplay. Asking people to not use bases just so you can have less lag is selfish. It’s part of the game, get used to it and stop asking people to stop using bases/stop asking them to go live in PvE lol. Aka: Stop trying to tell people how to play in the sandbox.

You wanna help with lag? Get to the root of the problem - the game itself. It needs optimizations, and until it gets better we will all just have to deal with it. I don’t know where you were in previous patches, but we all dealt with lag that was 10x worse than this.

In short, embrace the lag or learn how to do netcode and volunteer your services to Eleon.

When the sand becomes a solid brick of lag, something needs to change.

That’s true, there are plenty of other games out there that don’t lag. Rex is looking for a better solution …

Totally agree. Stopped getting gold because the massive megafaction fights on GG (and destructible terrain, Class 10 bases, etc) killed the game for me

2 Likes

To be fair scorp you’re rig is sorta needing a bit of an upgrade, eh? :slight_smile: You are runnig it on a potato! :slight_smile:

PS you haven’t even played on GG for this ENTIIIIIRE SEASON :slight_smile:

‘Megafaction’ fights on GG have always been there; since Arma. So forgive me if i don’t believe that WE’RE part of the problem :slight_smile: Especially as performance has been fantastic this time. Eleon for once have made some genuine strides in that department.

Best regards buddy
Wise.

1 Like

Yep, plenty of refined games that do not lag. You are right. That said, people play Empyrion because it is a sandbox game, the more you control how they play in the sandbox the more they will just leave to find another server.

It’s fine and dandy to figure out a way to get the best performance out there, but at a certain point you also have to say “it is what it is” and allow people to enjoy it and have fun. This version of GG is awesome, yes it lags, but it’s not like Arma where the entire playfield would crash for the weekend and no one can play.

1 Like

Only time this season that GG has been fun was at the start.

(about the post marked for deletion above, hit the wrong reply button, derp.)

1 Like