NA Toxicity Reminder

In that sense yes I agree. The first line of defense for a person’s own feelings is the mute key.

1 Like

An extremely unjustified & unfair judgement given the fact that my message was agreeing with this:
This message was the one and the only time I directly engaged in a conversation about ABN, in fact that is my stance on the issue and my opinion. I have a right to voice that opinion in support of others who where wronged.
Does he receive a warning? No…

I however get one after being inactive for 3 months and hearing repeatedly about bushwacker’s insults towards TAW (There was one last night that happened literally out of the blue with zero taw members online)

This repeated “neutrality above fact” attitude has gotten to me.

I applaud David for taking a stance on toxicity but in this particular case I think it is unjustified.

Furthermore, muting is not a justification of behavior. Just something to consider in future.

(PS. You cannot mute discord chat, only abstain from it. Which I will not do.)

1 Like

^Perfect example. Bushwacker called TAW/Fu NPCs. I think that is hilarious. Its not a real insult, it is not discriminatory, it is not vulgar, it has no base in reality (We are not video game characters). To me, there is nothing that can be seen as toxic about that soft banter. I am having a good chuckle now because I must have missed it last night.

Clearly Zackey does not agree, and finds the comment to be over the line. (Unless I am miss reading that)

1 Statement, two very different views. Where is the line David?

2 Likes

The line is with HWS admins who have final say. Rex and Jascha with the ultimate judgement.

The reason for this thread is to try to help bring understanding ahead of temp bans or longer so players can adjust to this being looked at more closely.

Honestly I hate this, it’s a shitty part of admining and I wish everyone would be cool. It sucks having to do this but it seems like rules, asking nicely, coming into your discords and teamspeaks, warning in game, reminders in forum, warning in forums aren’t enough…

3 Likes

I can see how this would be a stressful part of the gig. I’m trying to find out what the rule means, because the definition seems really open to interpretation

Edit really explaining myself poorly: So lets say that any contact from player X offends player Y, like gray area banter. Rather than banning player X for content that may only be offending player Y; Player Y could simply mute player X. It just seems to be a more efficient solution. No admin work even required, its all handled in game. No one has to define the shifting perspectives of toxicity. I know, broken record

Most are grown a** men… as rex himself pointed out… pvp n factions tht have called out full on war would be norm imo… As these season’s go on I’m more then willing to take my break from hws… which is really wut most of the ppl calling for toxicity want… 2019 wut can ya say…

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and throw my two cents into this topic and say it quick and easy.

The toxicity in HWS NA is flowing. It gets to a point where muting the chat does nothing, because everybody else other than the “rival” faction start agreeing with that faction and then bam, the entire server is turned against them. I’ve seen it several times this season alone, where the second I, or any members of my faction, speak in global, we are instantly met with some sort of remark either calling us beta’s or saying that we are the best PvE faction on the server. Shit like this, is pretty damned annoying when it happens everyday from a different character each day. When it’s so annoying that you dont want to play on the server, or go play EU or another server without the toxicity, it’s gone too far. Last season I had a “Recruitment” ship parked at ECC, and within a day someone had made a toilet to mimic me. That is one, of the probably damn near hundreds, of the pointless bullshit this season has involved.

4 Likes

I get why some people will say,

But the same view can be seen from our side, however the offending side just doesn’t get it. I myself can banter with some members of abn and its perfectly fine but others take it to a whole new level. Factors such as attitude, behavior and the way that things are said determine whether something is considered toxic.

It is a perfect example, bush tries to bait us every moment he gets even if we are not in chat, the way he speaks about us is as if we are pieces of shit and he acts as if we should bow down to him. These points now affect this comment made by him to meaning exactly what he said that we are ‘non playable characters’. The meaning of NPC is as follows

‘‘An NPC is seemingly a human that is unable to think [objectively]’’

How am i meant to find this funny? How am i meant to find this funny when bushwacker says it after taking in the pre mentioned perception of this person? Its not and it wont be.

While people may want to point out this is ‘rivalry’ its not, last season FU and ABN would jump in chat together and banter, it was fun but then certain members returned and it stopped. Certain members also left our faction/alliance/federation under suspicious circumstances to join them and then the toxicity when berserk.

I don’t reply to the toxicity, it continues, i reply it continues, i go play on another server it continues, its bullshit an I’m over it. What is even the use in blocking this in chat when im not even on the server? It still happens and i still have to hear about it.

Then we are told to report it. To report it is to look childish as people only see one incident instead of the whole picture, a picture that spans 5 seasons for me, then we have to put up with the backlash from the server that backs up the faction who was reported because they have been here for all of 5 minutes or are obsessed with sucking their cocks encouraging it even futher.

Its pathetic and it needs to stop.

5 Likes

Once again proving my point… this has been the only game where I’ve had to write in some damn forum for some grown men. Probably will be my last season. Too much cry ass ish.

4 Likes

NPC: Non Player Character

You know that, I know that, anyone who has really spent time gaming knows what that acronym means. Your really reinforcing my point, we need a definition on Toxic. Because right now it looks like the rule is being weaponized in an attempt to remove certain members of ABN.

Now if that statement is not Toxic, than calling someone an NPC is not Toxic.

We are adults here (For the most part) and we are on the internet. There is a mute key. You clearly don’t have Bush muted. If your upset by the image of a ship crafted to look like a toilet, the internet might not be the best environment for you.

Flipside to HWS, I hop on almost any other PVP game and I have people screaming at me that they are or have had relations with my mother. And I have a good laugh. Because it’s the internet and just words.

4 Likes

u know we as humans used to have much thicker skin. reporting toxicity can be just as toxic. all these entitled betas that cry toxicity when they are busted on need to stop. there is a huge difference in busting chops and down right being a douche. i know because im an pretty talented at both :wink: please everyone try to remember this is just a game. not an 80’s highschool popularity contest. shrug off the insults and try to come up with better ones. this world has gotten way too soft. in my opinion there is no need for a “babysitter” to sensor everyone.

3 Likes

i would like to know what “circumstances” are being referred to. i left because i needed a break due to overwhelming real-life “circumstances” and was chastised and accused of stealing gold that i tried to send several times. since the return if the supposed stolen gold i have not seen any let up in the ridiculing but i shrug it off and continue playing.

an ■■■■■■■ once told me “If everyone u meet is an ■■■■■■■, maybe ur the ■■■■■■■.”

shrug it off, use the mute features, and keep flying…

3 Likes

You all need to chill with the banning’s and oversensitive bullshit… I’m about to throw up right now!

6 Likes

@mjohns20 last night was a bit much. Please refrain from name calling.