Need help please - Game freezes

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Sometimes my game freezes. It’s only the game so i can [Alt] + [Tab] to Desktop and quit the game per Steam or Taskmanager. It usually happens when I’m building my small Ships or coloring the Blocks from my Base.
I’m actually playing Reforged Eden - startet about a week ago and still in Starter-System Gaia.
So far that Problem never happened when I’m somewhere else or infight, gathering somewhere, flying etc. the last 20 times i remember I’ve always been directly outside my Base and as i said coloring or busy with changing, building a ship - most times with the [F5]-Drone connected with [F4] to a Base Container.
Most times the game just freezes about 1-20 times a day. Sometimes the Freeze/View changes after a few seconds to last known position of my Character - i guess the [F5]-Drone is turned off or something.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> X2return

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> I will try to remember the timestamp of the next Happening

On which Playfield?
=> Sry, don’t know what this means.

Structure Name(s)?
=> House of X2 852126
SV Hermes T1 2115139
HV Kestrel T2 2815266
These three Structures are always near by me when Freeze happens.

How can we help you now?
=> Because the Error only appeares in the above written Cases i guess, that’s no problem with my PC / Installation. I don’t know if it could belongs to this Problem but most times during login i can’t read the Tooltips in the bottom center. In stead of a tooltip following text is shown: “Eden_LoadingTip50” Last two digits changing everytime.

Someone in Discord told me i could try to delete the Content in folder “…/saves/cache/” I tried that and it looked like it helped a while but both problems always come back.
Thank You
Willem
I hope you have Ideas to fix my problem.

This means, what is the planet or orbit’s name? For example Haven, or Haven Sector.

Could you please attach a client log here, from a game where your game froze?
Logs can be found here: ...\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\...

1 Like

Hi Dr. Dark,
I am new to the game and playing about a week. I still am in my Startsystem Gaia, Planet Gaia. There is my Base and the 2 small Vehicles.
I found the Logs but there are 0,7 GB Logfiles.
I guess a Log will be created everytime i leave the game? So i could choose a useful Log with the fitting timestamp. For now i can’t say wich could be a useful one.
Thank you - so long
X2return

You only need to find one, where this crash occurred.

If you can’t find one of the correct logs, you can always just wait until it happens again, if it happens again, and then find that log and send it here.
And yes, a log is created each time you close the game.

1 Like

Thank you again - i will report as soon as it happens again. Today, after cleaning the Cache, it seems actually to work.

1 Like

Client_210731-235654-84.log (62,1 KB)

Now it happened again - i was changing some plantseeds in my garden inside my Base.

Quote:
“it was presumed there is a problem with drivers (corrupted or need reinstalling or too old) on the users PC.
They may try older drivers or newer drivers & they should consider uninstalling them in wondows safe mode with DDU
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.2

1 Like

ok, i will give it a try and report if it happens again.
Thank you

1 Like

back again,
i removed the drivers with DDU like the readme says (i mean disabled network, removed twice with a reboot, installed the manually downloaded actual driverversion)
Again I cleared the empyrion cache and went back to game.
Another freeze when start to build another SV (my old one has lost it’s Cockpit and is still in space - waiting for disasselbly or something)
This time the music keeps playing for about a minute before the game closes itself.
Client_210801-182852-16.log (1,6 MB)

Thank you :slight_smile:

Edit: until next login I’ve lost about 200 small Steelblocks they were connected via F4, and linked in the constructionbar of the F5-Drone - doesn’t matter but thought it could be another info for you.

Edit 2: another Freeze, another Log
Client_210801-192938-34.log (1,0 MB)
Maybe i should stop creating ships …
I can craft things, gather Ressources, fly around, fight or do missions the hole day. Only when creating things - Freezes come everytime at least every hour - this time without the F5-Drone just F4 Connection to a Box

Sorry to hear. Log is still filled with directX errors.
Can you also try to click the Restore button in the NVIDIA Control Panel for your 3D settings plz?

Hi,
i know the nVidia Control Panel and used the 3D-settings very often in the past for other games. So far there was no need to go there for Empyrion. After DDU and reinstalling the new driverversion i selected the option for “a new installation” so all existing profiles are removed.
Nevertheless i will try that hint, beeing happy about every hopefully helping thing i can try.
I will try to find a downloader for MS Direct X and reinstall that - if there is no result i’ll try different window-settings for the game (fullscreen, windowed, borderless) almost sure i remember a syncproblem in different modes (i.e Gsync / Fsync modes of the monitor.
Another game did just not like the active 2nd monitor - i had just to turn it off for that game xD
thanks so far
X2return

Hello again,
another Freeze & Log - this time there has been no crash in direct way. Actually just the picture of the game was freezed - the game itself kept running.
I was mining an asteroid so i could hear the sound of activating and stopping drills when klicking. I managed to quit the game “blindfolded” remembering the positions of the “doorsymbol” for quit, the “yes-button” and the quitgame menubutton.
As you can read, the gamepicture has freezed - the mousecursor not. Otherwise there would not have been a chance to quit the game the usual way.

Here’s the actual Log for this problem:
Client_210802-124212-17.log (775,3 KB)

Just for your info. i guess the problem causing the earlier crashes could have been the Framelimiter inside the nvidia driver - I had that in another game too.
Turning off the framelimit made the game more stable, even Empyrion is. Since turning it off i was able to play the game about 8 hours without problems - even building ships was working.

Maybe someone can see the reasen for the picture only freeze in the actual log.
Many thanks for your time and your immediate support!
X2return

1 Like

hmm still similar error.
I found this:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/d3d11-failed-to-create-2d-texture.392286/

So did you tried all different graphic settings in Empyrion yet? Especially texture resolution to low etc.?

Hi there,
the game looks like out of 1995 then but ofcourse i will try even that possible solution. If it works i will have to look for a 8GB GPU … shame on Unity for that! behind this link you can see, this error was reportet over years and it seems nothing changes. That specific error does not just happen in a few games. I guess a Company doing 3D-modelling will suffer much more from problems like this.

To answer your question: yes and no … i tried to minimize everything in graphic settings except the texture-level because imho this is one of the heaviest impacts for graphic quality.
Perhaps i can find a newer standalone version of “Unity” and additionally try that.

Thanks so far!
X2return

I have set the graphic settings to low “fast” and texture-resolution to “half resolution”.
Also I’ve set the Mode to “exclusive Fullscreen”. It seems that the Freezes are less but noch gone.
Client_210803-143852-03.log (159,0 KB)
I guess it makes no Difference apart from slightly longer playtimes … frustrating.

Any more ideas? My GPU is bored like hell and doing more frames the universe could possibly count xD.
Greetings X2return

Unfortunately no, all ideas I had. Rest would be try and error myself now

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.