New HV drills are way too slow

If I am honest this new vanilla crusade seems silly to me. If HWS becomes more vanilla I am afraid a lot of people will leave. Currently all ‘‘well performing’’ servers are dead because of the simple reason that it is absolutely boring and tedious to play on them.

I have to agree with @John_Olin, big gold deposits and indestructable surface would solve most issues.

1 Like

Also the fact that empyrion can be laggy in PvP, seems like an issue for Eleon themselves.
Sure HWS uses custom config, which they allowed HWS to have, but that would just mean they have to think of the once using custom config as well.

I don’t think you should change the HWS Config in bigger ways like this, because of performance. In the end there’s only 1 who can be blamed for most of the lag, and that’s Eleon.

I understand that this change was also made because you feel like mining gave too much, but now i think it gives too little, and is not really worth it for rich people. So if you’re not willing to give us same values as before because of inflation, which i understand, then i hope we can find a better compromise, than the current low values.
Maybe increase the amount of drills back to 21, and let mining speed stay where it is now?

@RexXxuS

2 Likes

can confirm, gold income is below 1/3 it used to be

The heart of the issues are still the same, whether on HWS or even private game. With every major update we see more problems with gameplay (stuttering, massive frame drops, etc.) and performance going down the toilet on client and server. All that Rexx is trying to do is compensate for the lack of Eleon performance issues. A perfect example is the comparison between HWS 5 and HWS 6. One big update and a day later the number of playfields was mere fractions. What about this season compared to last? Same playfields, but performance is worse, so what happened? We got an update.

What is next season to bring? Everybody is screaming now that mining is taking forever, but also complain that performance is not great either. You are all yelling at the messenger at this point.

4 Likes

Well, in my opinion, in this case you would need to raise the purchase price of gold when changing it to play money. At that point, the promotion could be at the current level of speed. And indeed, no crafts

I dont know. The way mining works now is just not good. Microfreezes, low outcome… its just not worth it. It is a bad experience. I saw better days in empyrion and i dont know, how will new players react to it. Mining should be fixed, it is main part of the game. Sure, rex should adjust the mining values, but eleon should revert mining like it was in 9.x and release the current one when its fully optimized and tested.

I say we return to the dark days of hand drilling!

After some more Skype Meetings with Eleon there will come soon another value we can work with.
Density of Resources. So we can completely find the perfect compromise.
To be announced.

7 Likes

Hurray!

Thanks, RexXxus.

I think most of us understand that you are trying to do the best you can with a game that has issues beyond your control, so please understand that when sometimes you get negative feedback on changes they are offered in the hope of getting an even better HWS experience and not as a criticism of you personally.

3 Likes