New HWS Config Teaser | Effectiveness Weapon System (EWS) Example

HWS has always been on a completely different mould to the vanilla… Litrally in every way. OCD, Auto miner, skill points, hunter board, reputation, Hws marketplace… I could go on…

The point is that every new player has to learn this coming to the server…thats the difficult stuff. If I player is taking the time to learn this that is so different to the vanilla game then I’m kinda sure they will quickly learn about weapons being different. Especially when educated about the reasons behind it being linked to an incredibly poor pvp for basically 5 versions now.

Litrally this should not effect pve players at all due to pve being so easy to beat… If you cant do that that your gunna suck at pvp anyway lol.

As you state you don’t care what people think about your opinion and thats a fair one but all I read was a statement from a player that plays the game his way and not really any regard to anyone else’s play style.

I’m not here to hate on you but simply put.

Why should many suffer for the good of the few?

I see no consequence for pve players besides having to spend slightly longer learning how weapons differ from vanilla… But for sure if they can’t figure this out then they arent going to figure out other HWS mechanics…

If we were talking about something that has a HUGE impact on the PVE such as reducing the build capabilities in favour of pvp or reducing more pve Playfields or taking away Poi… Then yea fair one.

But really how does this out any pve player at a disadvantage?

HWS has a steep learning curve but for me this is what made me ever stick around.

If you want simple and easy and standard then really there is tons of normal servers out there.

But to say people should play a different game completely if they don’t like what’s out the box is a terrible mind set to have.

If you can make something greater than it is then you should… Sitting around idle just putting up with the bad bits and making do is a mindset that reflects any lack of progress and ambition.

Peace out.

5 Likes

@RexXxuS can you share the config?

You specifically mention: “Last but not least the Shutter Windows have less Triangles and it gives PvP buildes now a new level of depth for their builds”

Does this mean that Class 1 on a single player creative game will be different than Class 1 on HWS because of the difference in triangle counts?

Can we get the config so we can design our ships as usual and trust that it will work the same on HWS?

This is interesting Rexx, i’d like to see how well this is implemented. I think this adds a more dynamic play style to pvp.

Good luck.

I’d advise extreme caution when making anything invulnerable. I think the idea is great but might be a flaw from what i can see. I will wait for more info or the config file.

Yes i think too that all the weapons need to do at least a base damage to all.
Example pulse laser:

• Base damage 25/50 vs all
  • Boost damage 200 vs SV blocks

Otherwise will be very difficult to hit something and see what i am hitting in a fight.
At least for Sv. The Ba/CV/Hv autoturrets are another topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks awesome REX. I would like to see what others have already suggested. I think normal damage should be done for all weapons but then having boosted damage vs certain targets. I think reducing damage of certain types could be incredibly frustrating for a lot of people who cant physically see the damage done or the defenses of the target.
Love the idea but shouldn’t reduce any damages because its hard to cause damage as it is now. For instance people will just make layers of shutters underneath exterior armor. You wont be able to see it and it would prolong battle, not shorten it.
Adding the bonus damage would add a great wild card in battle though.

• Yes to bonus damage
  • no to reducing any damages (at least not a lot)

Thanks again REX for all your work.

2 Likes

There should be minimum damage for all weapons.

1 Like

Quote Elfias . TFrom my point of viev H missiles caused the loss of most of fun and skilled part of dogfight. If your build was nice u was able to take care of 4 players at same time or last in a fight 1vs1 for hours ( fuinniest fight i have memory was a 2 hours 1vs1 in stormy masperon skies german server ) , now is something like a bugged “F-35 fire and forget” tecnology based on lag.hope Rex’s work will make dogfight great again :smiley:

1 Like

I like the proposed concept regarding the EWS.
No fight should take hours. That just says either the pilot is bad or the weapons are ineffective.
The later would be true in most cases.
I would like to see your damage table with regard to all weapons against the elements of ships.
That would help greatly with build design and combat strategies.
All weapons should have base damage. We’re firing lasers and rockets. Both components consist of resources people farm and its not cheap. After all, we are not shooting BB’s at combat steel.

Again, the sentiment of most here, great work RexXus!! Very much appreciated for all the hard work and countless hours tweaking and keeping the game fun!

Boss, i would like to reverse enginering H rockets in order to make them only able to aim at PVE whinee players and NPDinosaurus. Btw what about set H-Rockets effective only to generators and thrusters ? Think about it .Have a nice day.

Thanks for all your feedback guys!

After some issues with regenerating things I will continue working on it.

I agree with a “base” damage and will think more of laggy situations and workarounds for it.
The nature will still be that some weapons are very effective against some materials.

As I said, all details will be revealed as soon as it’s ready.
It is a big Config patch with some new aspects in other areas as well.

Regarding drifting away from Vanilla:

1. Empyrion “Vanilla” is meant for SP. There is no true Vanilla MP in first place. Think about that…

2. HWS was, is and will always be a heavy customized server. Love it or leave it.

3. Nevertheless, especially in PvE, players will not recognize any disadvantage - rather the opposite since Gatling Guns do boost damage against NPCs. There will be also a new “EWS” category in the Guide and in the game to check out.

I don’t have a timeframe yet but the goal is to make it ready before HWS 9, learn from it and make HWS 9 as good as it should be, finally!

5 Likes

to be honest i have mixed toughts for this. I think sv is like fighter type ship, it should not be possible to destroy any CV or Base even at very high amount of them. I take that in scifi movies like star war, star trek and many others, you need ground forces to take base, meaning HV:s in empyrion and taking mother ships, CV:s in empyrion. If you make some of it weapons effective with CV and base, its make sv even more multipurpose ship, in my opinion sv should be only effective against other sv. So in my opinion it would need even more nerf against those two than before that script.

if there absolutely need to be smaller flying ship against bases and cv:s, then there should be new ship type bomber. alltough hv still should not be forgotten

i may be an easy person, but i am for the more the merrier… in the other way…

Let the greater faction have the opportunity to win… but only if they work as a team…
Last night i lost a CV, because opg attacked me 4 at a time, all going for my thrusters… that way i could not make my warp du to low speed. Thats fair… The game should not be a one army good pilots chance to win (then we go the last jedi)
A cv one vs one should take hours… 5 vs 1 less… HV 5 people vs one base should be fair… not one hv vs one base…

this way a good build AND pilot will always win… 2 HV should never win agains 10 SV or a base… 2 SV should never win against a CV

I hope you can get this new config file out ASAP. PvP right now is very stale and predictable, this will really spicen things up I think.

Yeah, PVP is kinda just point and shoot. Good for less experienced but lacking for those looking for more challenge. It’s like just dropping a bunch of ships on a base to take it out vs coming in with strategy and teamwork to erode the defenses. :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile: Or having max structure count so it’s super laggy instead of just spawning what you need.

That aside, it’d be nice to know that I could die if I don’t strafe or use multiple weapons other than homing rockets.

2 Likes

Yes :frowning: Sorry… I got burned out and try to relax with something else right now…
It also got more complicated with some ideas I had regarding CVs and HVs vs BAs. I’m on it…

2 Likes

Lol, no need to apologize. I know an artist needs time to finish his masterpiece. I’m just chomping at the bite is all.