New server fail! Spawn your blueprints!

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:26, topic:5983”]
Yeah exactly this is at the moment our idea…
[/quote]I don’t understand. Why not ALL PVE stuff on the 2nd server and all PVP stuff on he first server? I don’t understand this idea.

Explanation of why I don’t understand it (trying to keep it short):
If ONLY the donator planets are on the 2nd server then I’d just goto the PVP server on a PVE planet or deep space and still overcrowd the PVP server. This idea wouldn’t work for me for example.
Also why eat performance for PVP and exploration by people standing in base waiting for ammo factories or people in market and all those people CSW-ing just go get interest? Or people who are just exploring POI or running instanced missions? That does not sound very efficient to do this on PVP server to be honest.
There are way more issues with this but trying to keep it short.

IF there are gonna be 2 servers (and that’s probably a big if), then they should separate more than JUST the donator planets otherwise I will predict that it will almost solve nothing while still racking up costs and admin time. And even then there is not much room for design-errors because otherwise 95% of players will just hug a specific server and we accomplish exactly nothing :disappointed_relieved:

Overall the 2 server idea might not be good enough. It has imo the highest potential of all ideas but mostly because it can crumble like a house of cards just like that, leaving us only with the disadvantages… I’d probably vote not to do this in the end.

I’m not trying to be a douche or prove that I blablabla, I’m just saying what I think is gonna happen. So I will end my discussion regarding the multi-servers and such with this otherwise I get the same problem I had earlier this patch with the interest discussion. I’ll just see what will be chosen and designed

As is customary Rex only gives you enough bones to hang your own meat on - very likely never enough for the full story. That intentional. :wink:

Here’s the scoop, guys, balance. You all have Pretty great ideas for the archetypes you fit into. And maybe even some for those you interact with. But in many cases, you’re not using all the main food groups. This is where we have to tweak or even throw out the idea cause it doesn’t balance.

Pushing harder on one group (PVE) may sound great for PVP, but as we alienate one player base, that has a positive and negative affect on the rest of the player bases.

Likewise, you can’t eliminate the wolves or the overgrowth of grass eating prey willl ruin the environment.

It’s all about balance. Balance for now and balance for all.