New Shields, New Ammo Draining Tactics?

Hi David,

We did spend resources and time to repair and replenish the orbital. Everything was functional before the final end. What is frustrating is watching players dip only into the range for a brief second, see the rounds coming their way and then retreat before they could even splash shields. Every once and a while it would hit, but who cares, you have shields on right? Imagine this almost all day, doing this dozens of times per session. We pushed off “attackers” countless times for them to stop draining. But at the end of the day, we can’t have someone there 24/7 making sure players don’t exploit the shield mechanics to drain our ammo.

But, like I said, if there is some odd consensus towards this behavior being OK, then expect ammo draining to be a tactic that is in everyone’s arsenal. I want to hear no whining from our opposition when we do it to them and they are obliterated off the map. No, well well, sniff sniff, the bad man made my ammo go bye bye all by himself. Because, we can play that game, I’d just prefer not to. It is boring and makes for terrible gameplay.

1 Like

The more i read the comments from Zacky and Dok the more i realize that its not about finding the truth about “if its an exploit or not” but about removing a legit tactic in pvp. And by removing shields if thats what will make them happy all because their not willing or to lazy to actively defend their bases like having cv’s actively patrolling their orbit incase enemies want to come and drop hv’s or by forming a strategy and base design to deal with hv drops. Instead its ban every legit tactic we don’t like or want to adapt to or fight against. Pathetic really.

Dok, thanks for making this thread. I think with any new game mechanics as players start to wrap their heads around it, its worth taking a look at them from a rules perspective. For now I think your last post is a good break point. Let’s keep an eye on this and see if it needs to be addressed as the players continue to develop their tactics.

For now, i’m going to lock the thread, I don’t want to see this turning into finger pointing or one side against another. This was a good, honest convo about a game mechanic and I appreciate the discussion.

1 Like