NewsPaper route blues

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Took the ecc mission to go back with the newspapers. Flew to the Discovery, dropped the papers on the deck. Got an error and the mission did not show me arriving at Alpha system, much less standing on the deck. Back in the ship, back to ECC, she thinks I never left. I have no papers to deliver, tried to restart it, PDA error.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Zhama

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> I have checked back over the last few hours, no joy

On which Playfield?
=> Discovery and ECC HQ

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> I need it reset, or advanced, or something. Can’t take it again, and I am out 750 ish Pentaxid.

Hello @Zhama
sorry for the trouble.
Can you please show me a screenshot of the PDA, exactly how I showed here:

Since you talk about an error, can you please send me your Client Log of that error? Thanks.

Client_210729-171654-13.log (28.6 KB)
Pretty sure that this is the error it gave to me. “29-23:08:43.312 18_08 -WRN- PDA: Playfield POI ‘UCH Research Vessel’ not found”
And today, the screen shot looks like this —>

However, during the course of the entire ordeal, when it failed at 1st, it showed ALL of the boxes ticked except the “Press M to open the Galaxy Map” Which I thought odd, due to me doing it a dozen times or more to get there. When I clicked it, I got the quest complete horns, but nothing changed, so I flew back to ECC, and she wanted to know why I wasnt done, got the error code and looked at my PDA, nothing was checked and I could not restart the quest,

Here is the in-game error shot

ok thanks, this is not a real error. Just a missing CSV translation key string. Will be added now.

This is also no real error, but a warning = WRN.
It just means the PDA check was not executed in the right space playfield.
So in your case, you have to fly to the right sector to trigger it.
You must fly here:

Since it worked for at least one player, I think it’s not bugged and just needs to be retriggered by you.

That is precisely where I was located. I dropped my papers ON Discovery’s Deck. In the playfield indicated. Initially it said I had completed the quest, but then it rolled BACK to I needed to press M (Which has to be done a half dozen times to even get back there) When I did press M, I had no papers in my inventory, so it glitched out.

Now I cant go back, because I have no papers and cannot get the mission to give me replacements. Furthermore, I have Flown back and forth twice now as this other player suggested, and it will not advance.

I either need someone to drop me a stack of papers, or just advance the quest as it will not allow me to restart, nor complete.

Ho? How so? You only need to press it once to trigger the PDA check.
The “drop it” is also just a phrasing thing. The actual PDA check works with “NearPoi”. Once you come close to the UCH Discovery POI, the quest is done. (the Dialogue will remove the EGS Paper technically)

Anyways, I can try to fix it manually for now. Guess you are somehow completely bugged. Ping me when you are online again.

getting online now.

But to answer your question, you get the mission at ECC HQ. To get all the way back to Alpha and the Discovery, you have to press M a half dozen times. At least once per Jump.
But the mission showed that I had not done that.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.