NSFL discord channel

Any chance we could have a discord channel where we can conversate and be left alone without being told no you should be in pvp chat, no you should be in off topic, no you should be in PM’s with 5 people talking which is impossible, literally 50 times a day it’s stop talking here go somewhere else. Put an age restriction or warnings or something and it would clear up the rest and let us talk as we see fit, it’s completely ridiculous being told shut up any time there’s a conversation

yes budd!
Make your own discord for that purpose :wink:

No one is telling you what to do if you follow the rules set on HWS and this server.

1. HWS is NOT rust.
  2. If you feel you are getting wrongly deleted, take a screenshot, and contact me or @gareth, and we will take a look. Not happy with the outcome, make a ticket about your case!

But in general, complaining openly in an open channel, talking down other people, do not get anyone far, in any world!

cheers, and happy saturday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is one thing you need to remember,
" 3.2 HWS is a family-friendly server. There are minors and women who play on the server. Do not curse/swear or use other bad words in global chat - Keep it Clean!"

This applies to the discord, the forum, as well as the game itself.

If you are being asked to take your discussion elsewhere then there is likely a good reason.
“Keep it clean” means more than just not cussing. Certain topics are off limits.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about cussing, I’m talking about oh this sentence belongs in pvp chat, go over there. Oh no now you should be in off topic. No wait go to general discussion. Oh better go back to the pvp channel now

I never played rust and I don’t know what you’re talking about. Seriously, if you don’t like the topic Nazi’s leave is what you gonna reply? Can’t really have a conversation when you have to move it to 5 different topic channels depending which sentence you look at

I don’t mean to sound trolly, but this would have come off better in the suggestions channel rather than the get support section. As ultimately this is a suggestion more than anything else.

Anyways…onto the topic at hand… Hard pass at this idea as Twitchy and DQ have pointed out, having a NSFL channel would go against the fundamental ethos of HWS.

The whole reason community helpers were introduced was because of the general lawlessness and toxic nature of chat in the HWS discord, and those of us who have been around for several years know that it was not like this for most of its existence, nor should it be.

When people are asking folks to take convos elsehwere, it’s not out of some mad rush of power, but merely as that’s where the convo should take place. This suggestion feels like a reflex reaction from people being asked to move their convo to dms/pvp chat earlier on, unless I’m mistaken?

If folks desire a lawless and no holds barred discord channel then I imagine you guys have the ability to set up something with TAW where you can interact with eachother on another discord server ad infinitum? That way none of us on HWS would have to worry about it, and even better, would have no control over it…which seems to be the issue here.

Best regards,
Wise.

4 Likes

It’s ok, I’ll take this to the screw this I’m done topic. Over moderation constantly stopping conversation removes enjoyment from users and kills websites. Bye.

and that response is why we moderate!
You have NOTHING to show for… You are basicly asking for a place to talk shit about other people!
Sry, but that will NEVER happen under a hws server related object!
and discard the sry… It will never happen!

and going WAY out of my responsible as a adm on the server, i am still saying this. GROW UP!

3 Likes

I was asking for a place to have a conversation without being told take it to 5 different channels. I already quit the discord, but talking to me like I’m your kid is the correct response.

In a few steps you can set up your own Discord Server where you can make your own Rules.

There is no need for an extra Channel, you can send invites to everybody you want to talk.

I hope my post didn’t come off as patronising as that was never the intention DumpsterSauce. Like you i’m merely trying to help find an appropriate alternative solution where and if possible.

If you ever wish to message me either here or in discord to discuss these ideas please feel free to do so. You, and all members of HWS discord are welcome to dm me whenever.

In this case I still believe the best idea is perhaps setting up a discord channel on one of the main faction discords (maybe ABN or somewhere else) in order to facilitate this channel but my eyes and ears are open to other ideas also.

Best regards,
Wise.

I would like to chip in on the “setup your own discord” and point out that discord in my opinion is why communities turned into such a fleeting thing. If people are constantly told to pull back to their own environment instead of pulling them in more you are actively chipping at your own core.

I have no opinion on the content discussed nor the moderation that is apparently the point of contrition, but the ease that people can “split off” now and do their own thing is an issue if you are building a community.

HWS has a big following, but in terms of community it seems like a small tight knit group that forms most of it, the rest just parallel play on the same server (not a judgement, just an observation). If it is HWS’s goal to grow the community and multiplayer aspects (corss play between various groups), I could imagine that this aspect also warrants some further investigation and conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.