OCD: Lets Discuss

I also do not use foul language around my children andused the Marine Corps as a positive influence in my life. That doesn’t that around other Marines your father-in-law never swore lol.

Lol :joy: I missed this the first time

1 Like

What attacks? Pointing out that some features of HWS are not immediately obvious and that you have not ventured out into the areas of the game that are the main thrust of the server is not an attack on your character.
You know, RexXxuS did have a PvE server for a time. He did away with it.

Don’t mistake this to mean any of us dislike PvE, just that it wasn’t supported enough to warrant its own server. I play PvE at times too.

Maybe you should start a thread titled “OCD: Let’s Discuss… new ideas, not looking to ruffle old feathers.”
:man_shrugging:

I don’t really like PvE much of the time, just all I really have time for atm and I want to make sure I explore it so I can let new players know where to go for certain things that can help them get a decent jumpstart.

What if I like ruffling feathers :smiling_imp:

You tell me I’m flip-flopping when that isn’t the case which is a character attack. Picking out different posts in similar arguments that you decide to lump together doesn’t mean I’m flip-flopping. Also you first joined the topic and contributed then everything after was related to my character and how I was incapable of chiming in on the subject because I am new to the server, so everything after was related to my character value and whether or not I had the right to even speak about the topic rather than just discussing the topic.

Assumption, that is wrong

Assumption, and character attack, that is wrong

Point is you wanted to focus more on me and making sure I couldn’t speak on the topic instead of trying to focus on the topic to discuss ways to make sure we could help Rex make meaningful changes instead of seeing new things that none of us end up liking. He can’t know whether we’ll like it or not if no one is willing to talk about it.

Maybe I will start up another thread in time with some suggestions, for now the thread accomplished what I hoped it would. It broke the unrealistic barrier that the OCD couldn’t be touched. We now have more people that are open-minded about changes once again because they see that the changes can be done in a way that will be fun and interesting for many without affecting those that don’t want to have anything to do with them.

Here is my advice in regards to managing PVP while doing The Resource Depot Hunts.
1st - if you are doing it solo then you either have to stealth your CV as you test yourself against the POI (no spoilers here I hope) or just leave it in space somewhere. Stealthing would be crazy expensive for this mission. So yes you do gamble your CV but no matter if its made of rice paper or armored concrete (jk) if its unmanned and you get attacked its probably going to die. [unavoidable gamble if doing it solo].

2nd - Your main requirement to be able to start each POI of the Resource Depot Hunt is a tiny-tanky SV.

3rd (this is a spoiler) if you can manage to finish the hunt once you get a boat load of ingots including 5 million (thereabouts) credits worth of gold ingots.

What I loved about learning this solo mission was how to build a minimum profile SV that could still hold up to 2-4 minutes of continuous combat.

Besides the benefits I mentioned there are other relevant resources on this hunt that are WELL worth the risk and effort.

On the topic of being reluctant to get out into pvp space/planets the easiest way to get comfortable with it is to die alot to it :-).

Like all survival games the grace isn’t to avoid death as much as to be prepared for it. I finished a resource hunt recently and died 5-7 times from 2 of the POIs, but I was prepared and the loss wasn’t nearly as high as the reward (WORTH IT).

How do you know it’s “overly powerful”? Explain what you mean please so I can see your understanding of an OCD.

I appreciate your logic here if your premise is true “No reason to make it larger or stronger”. So my question is how do you know there is “No reason to make it larger or stronger.”? What is the downside that you see that makes you so passionate about this position?

Here are some things to consider (a broader perspective):

If you start thinking about OAMs, special resources like epic weapons, armor, gold ingots and OCDs as well as each player’s average playtime in terms of factions then alliances what you might find is that some players will grind their accounts to the bone and get OCD 6 or 7 but most won’t. In my current faction we only really had 1 out of about 10 players that had OCD6 and he offered it to the entire clan to store things they couldn’t or didn’t have space for.

One of the reasons in my earlier post I mentioned The Resource Depot Hunt is that the 4-8 hours it will take you to make those resources, you could do the same in 1 hour or less on golden globe (at least last season). My hope for you was for you to get a taste of the different levels of PVP/PVE and the vast differences between them as you graduate from one to the other.

So, on GG last season factions and alliances were burning through their resources like a forest fire (because they knew they could replenish them) and this led to battles that lasted 10-12 hours, players from EU CSW over to take on NA and the rise and fall of strong factions/alliances.

If the server can’t sustain that level of resource use, then what would happen is you’d have a big battle then the 30-40 players that were part of that would have to basically take a 2-3 week break while they slowly build their resources back up to try again, instead of doing it day in and day out until you literally fell asleep in your gamer chair while in combat because there was always an opportunity for an epic battle or piracy or heroism.

I think it is possible since you’ve not seen that part of the server yet on a regular basis you may not have a clear sense of the scale and magnitude on which bases, tanks, fighters and soakers were built, used and lost.

You could change the limits to 50 stock’s not to 50000 items. Meaning if some item stocks up ingame to 999 than you can put into ocd 50x 999 epics do d stock so you can save per slot only 50x1 etc.

I think this is likely the main reason I haven’t actually got around to the resource hunt missions, not so much a hesitance on going into PvP zones as I have been in Black Hole several times and gone down to GG, Homeworld, Arma, etc. multiple times as well but only for brief periods of time. Not out of fear of being caught, but due to needing to get offline to work on HW for classes, take care of family, go to class, go to work, etc.

This came from personal opinion and also from not knowing about the initial implementation of the OCD and how people felt about the extreme decrease from where it was to where it is now. That being said I still feel it is overly powerful and still don’t personally see a reason for it to be increased any further in its current form but I at least have a better understanding on why people cringe at the thought of it when it has already gone from 500k max down to 70k max.

Now, this doesn’t mean I don’t see potential to create a different form of carryover storage that is larger than 70k in the future, just not one that is so easy to access as the OCD is.

1 Like

Remove OCD

Do that and remove the player base.

1 Like

Not even a clever joke.

This dude is extremely salty I think someone stole his sweetroll

2 Likes

It’s like taking an arrow to the knee.

3 Likes

Pfft doubt he was even an adventurer before that, and he makes for a shoddy guard given his record :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont play Empyrion anywhere near as much as i used to… i log in usually each new season and give it a whirl to see whats new… i started … a few weeks before McP - the Horder :stuck_out_tongue: started… think that was pre- Season 3 ?
If im correct even the OCD has been somewhat nerfed from those days… it was what made HWS unique, along with the OAM and all the other things that made HWS so much more different… i wouldn’t even to begin to comprehend how many hours of time rex and others have devoted to make HWS what it is, or even in time spent each new season in design… and thats from someone w/ over 2k hours playing this game :slight_smile: … just my little ole thoughts !

2 Likes

I played 1243h already and most of them on HWS. Since 5. Not very active last few seasons mostly because lags in PvP and disconnects. so mostly PvE now.
I used OCD(and upgraded it mostly using gold from BH) a lot and filled it already with resources and stuff so I cannot say I will be happy in case it was removed. But looking at my amounts of resources(and I believe my form of hamster disease is not the worst one :slight_smile: ) I can say that I really do not need any sources of common resources for next few seasons. Rare resources probably for this season only but nevertheless. Also removing the OCD is absolutely not good for people who donated.
I propose to make some kind of temporary period when OCD works like it is now but with clear big red message every hour that changes are going to happen soon and please remove items of some kind from OCD or something like that. So people will have some time to adapt to changes and not just lose everything saved for seasons. Probably dev’s release of 8 is good date to finish this period.

1 Like

I think everyone can agree on this.

I imagine that if the devs intend to make any sort of extreme changes that will affect people in a huge way that they will have something like this along with notifications on the website and whatever other method they can think of to notify HWS members. No changes are planned currently to my knowledge this was more a topic to discuss things that the community would actually like to see since Rex does want to make changes at some point in the future.