Origin Structure Limits

Nah, it is Empyrion Alpha - lag is to be expected. If you do not want lag do not play - simple. Turning around and saying “let’s cap bases and HVs so we can get rid of the lag” is like saying “let’s just not use the playfield or play the game because it has lag.”

Empyrion is a sandbox game, that means people can play they want to play. The more restrictions you place on how they can play the game the more likely the will just up and leave to another server.

Our best bet for now is to deal with the lag, make optimizations (reduce base count, but put OLP in, and put stricter rules on SNA style tactics where people only use the faction to create bases for OLP purpose.), and wait for the developers to make the game better.

Definitely not at all what I was saying. There are those who purposely max out everything cause they know it will lag the playfield giving them the advantage since they have more turrets still making calculations through that lag.

That’s fine, like you said it’s an Alpha. But that is still what makes the game less fun for anyone not involved in exploiting the lag. Since its an Alpha the server can impose restrictions and we can hold each other to those restrictions. Saying “just deal with it because it’s alpha” is not productive though. We can, and should, mitigate the impact in some ways.

1 Like

We should definitely mitigate lag where we can, but it has to have a minimal impact on how people play the game.

As far as I know, neither side on GG or Homeworld intentionally max out base/sv/hv counts with the intention of lagging the playfield. I know for a fact ACP doesn’t even have 10 bases on GG right now.

Can you provide evidence of these factions intentionally maxing things out to create lag? I know I haven’t see any, though I lack the ability to safely patrol Homeworld in order to verify.

We have been doing that all season.

Again, already doing that.

Yeah man!

You can stop the propaganda any time now. Everyone knows there were DIV OLP towers before SNA and both were wrong. How about we stay on topic.

I will not bite on this. I will say that my faction intentionally deletes things to keep the lag down during combat. Also my son has to leave GG anytime the battle gets over 5-8 as he drops to way less than 1 FPS. His 6 year old AMD A10 CPU is being replaced in the next few days though.

Much lag is caused by SURFACE MINING. TaW even had contract miners stay 2K away from their bases to avoid lag in base, but it created a lag area surrounding it that attackers had to deal with. I hope bigger better asteroids/meteors (whichever is the planetary one) can make SURFACE MINING go away, then we could have a more serious discussion on how much BA or HV count is causing lag.

You took my comment out of context. The main point of my comment was the indestructible well defended building for each origin part. Only then can the rest of my comment be read correctly in context.

I like the idea of 1orgin base on gg. Could be made indestructible like those egs bunkers might a place for origin members to meet and raid other of orgins. I think isreal had similar idea. Make gg a hell hole. No bases no spawn pads build ur hv by hand. Protect it with SV. No cv on planet. Make space PvP around gg. And wipe planet random times with 5 min warning.u either run to ur base or flee system

Yeah…

That would make GG essentially unplayable, and then hardly anyone would go there to PvP which is the exact opposite of what we are trying to do.

Last night, HPG/TAW/ACP went down to Homeworld and raised the core cap by about 15 - 20 and we started getting the “stop building on Homeworld” warning. Last I checked, GG is at half of it’s core cap or maybe around 65%… Homeworld is around 85 - 90%. While I am sure your faction is deleting everything they can, I just want to point out that Homeworld is much closer to reaching it’s maxed out limit than GG is.

I have no idea what you are trying to point out or why you are even directing this to me. I have been to Homeworld twice and never stayed very long. I have nothing there. I joined OP4 2 weeks ago and they have a bunch of stuff there, but you would have to talk to them about what does or doesn’t get deleted during battles on Homeworld.
I can only speak about GG because that is where I do my PvP.

That is a chart… See how it has a legend and real numbers? See how the numbers say that server population was higher this summer for Empyrion than they are now? Notice that is supported by Steam and not some Imgur clip.

Enjoy