Placing custom POI in space

posting here as well hoping someone has an answer

So I have seen tutorials and how to’s to place custome POI on planets, and how to spawn alien ships etc.

However, how do you place a custom POI in space? IN the YAML file it has an extra line called type. If you check under prefab it has both edb files. I design a space station, saved the blueprint, gave it a group name (which btw make sno mention below). So how do you place one in space? Prefab name is the name of my edb file. What must I use for the type?

• Type: AlienSatelliteBA
    Prefab: AlienSatelliteBA
    Mode: Survival
    Name: Defense Grid
    Pos: [ 50, 0, 450 ]
    Rot: [ 0, 0, 0 ]
    InitPower: True

Assuming your are using the space Playfield and not the planet yaml then the likely scenario is that you have it chosen to have the poi fixed at the top remove this ‘#’ to activate it.

If you have ever changed the group name on the blueprint it will only recognise the original name.

You have copied the enb file into the prefabs folder I assume?

If all that is yes then it will work :slight_smile:

here is the code from the top…no #

POIs:
Fixed:

- Type: BA_Alien
      Prefab: BAO_Thermica-Station        # filename of blueprint
      Mode: Survival                      # Creative or Survival          
      Name: Thermica Station              # name of blueprint as displayed to player
      Pos: [ -2800, 500, -2800 ]          # position coordinates
      Rot: [ 0, -50, 0 ]                  # rotation angles
      InitPower: True                     # set if POI should be initially powered, default: False

- Type: BA_Admin
      Prefab: TSO_AkuaOrbit    
      Name: Trading Station Akua            
      Pos: [ -4400, 2000, -250 ]      
      Rot: [ 0, -50, 0 ]           

- Type: AlienSatelliteBA
      Pos: [ 50, 0, 450 ]

Your type is not valid. There are predefined types as BA_Admin, BA_Alien, BA_Player, etc.

1 Like

That’s what I wanted to here! Thanks RexXxus. So it will be predefined as BA_Alien then.

will test now

P.S what is the difference between the 3?

balllls…still not working. If I have the code in the YAML file it breaks the game. Cant jump to the sytem. It purely jumps you back to the system you were in. Must the Prefab name maybe not be the group name?

So according to some others on the forum the type is actually the group name not the standard BA_X

Changed it and now my playfield loads, however the prefab doesn’t :frowning:

• Type: AlienSatBAGroup
    Pos: [ 50, 3000, 450 ]

And image of cords where it should be

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte…427/C043C0474FE04AFED336AE7B906FADAD15A97C0C/

Ok, sunday testing done :wink:

Report:

1. Freighters does not work - just in case you tried. Your own ships I mean as a freighter will be fixed.

2. [quote=“Silvrav, post:7, topic:4531”]
    So according to some others on the forum the type is actually the group name not the standard BA_X
    [/quote]

Nope, this is not the blueprint goup. At least not in an orbit.
The difference is that the game set the core and faction depending on what option you chooses. BA_Alien for example is set as a Base and the core will be automatically set to Alien.

Looking at your example I don’t know what goes wrong but maybe you clear your Save Game?

Here a working example of our Black Hole Fortress:

- Type: BA_Alien
      Prefab: POI-Black-Hole-Fortress
      Name: Black Hole Fortress
      Pos: [ 0, 0, -4111 ]