Planets class size 5

Honestly… who likes planet size 5?
I dont… they are too much big and empty. When planets were smaller i often went in pve planets to explore what players created… now i never visited them because is only a big waste of time. Planet size 5 destroys interactivity with players (pvp and pve)
For me the best class size planet is Class 3 (golden globe)
Homeworld planet need to be the only one class 4 (like armageddon now)
What do you think?

4 Likes

Agreed. I very rarely go on planets anymore - vast empty spaces with resources i dont need and POIs I have no time for. However, had a lot of PvP fun a few seasons back keeping up bases on a class 3 rock. Got attacked by a fleet of tie fighters at one point - cool stuff. Think that faction were assimilated into the eastern collective though.

Back on point - there is a place for larger PvE planets and maybe origin/starter planets but not PvP. We’d need server pop of multiple hundreds imo to make that work.

3 Likes

I don’t see any reason why there should be pvp planets bigger than class 3.

4 Likes

I am with them for no class 5 PvP planets. Nobody goes out to PvP areas for that immersion that the PvE guys are looking for.
Right now on Homeworld for example you could fly around for an hour and not find any player bases because the planet is just so massive. I had a base down there that nobody ever even flew by during the season according to prox logs lol.

I agree with maybe class 4 for only Homeworld so that its moons wouldn’t be the same size
Would be really nice to find active SV based PvP on more planets :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t have any problem with class 2 planets. I’ve never understood the players on official forums whose wanted bigger planets. I will like the class5 when I don’t have to fly hours to explore them. Devs should change game mechanics for faster exploration. SV booster or higher speed when you near to orbit would help a lot.

2 Likes

Current planet sizes are too huge.

1 Like

I agree with Paxxo1985 , planets 5th grade is too large for PVP

1 Like

For big planets need faster transport and new exploration system. Something like speed booster, micro-warp jumps and scout-drones. Since now there is nothing like this, it would be nice to limit PVE planet by class 4, pvp - class 3.
Supergates are uncomfortable. They are suitable as a temporary solution, but not as a permanent game mechanics.

1 Like

speaking of planets as I said in the discord all pvp hot spot planet need 3 class, pve to 3 class mars x and earth, eden and sanctuary 4 class. as for the other planets, then 3-4 class

Grade 5 is too much

Please don’t do this!!a maximum of 3 class

2 Likes

I think class 3 is fairly large, almost too large due to core limits anyway. Size two is Okay, Size 4 is too big. But that is my two cents.

1 Like

Another problem with huge planets is the DSL. Popping up stuff only when you are in 1.2km radius which is very low to find bases or vehicles. (reminds me of a ps1 game)
Yesterday night i was searching a base on a class 3 planet aka GG. I circled the entire planet 2 times before finding it because first time probably i have missed it passing it by 1.4 km (you can see 3-3.5km but dsl load/render stuff at 1.2km). I wonder if it is possible to increase that limit for pvp playfields and or if could be increased by player side so everyone could have his setting.
I think is hard coded in the game, but is a bit ridiculous having 1.2 km render distance and 2048km2 planets.
Still alpha game i hope is gonna changed in next patches.

Better Radar could/would fix that.