Plants not growing

Stealthing the ship managed to supply a new crosshair message when focused on the plants. Seems the plot believes there is no O2 and now Debug agrees. Very odd.

make sure u have enough o2 in tanks to fill the open space. u will see tanks empty when u turn on the o2 switch on the control panel.

94% in the tanks; turning O2 on/off does not change the level in the tanks

very odd indeed. there should be a section in the statistics page that shows capacity vs storage. screenshot that isbu would plz.

And, we have a new wrinkle … grain grows but not pumpkin or spice

needed to fill is currently 0. this usually means there is a air leak somewhere. i didn’t see any in the bp u posted so best guess some blocks are damage and/or not being seen as air tight. there are air pockets throughout that ship and any number of them could be the culprit. the only way to locate them would be to turn on the airtight option in the N menu and manually search :frowning:

Found the offending 2 blocks.

Many thanks for the help. It had me bambozzled.

1 Like

which one?

They were 2 generators which protruded thru the top of the hull by 1 block. I lowered them & sealed them off. That worked.

hm ok.
I asked cause I can make blocks airtight or not.
But I go with realism and generators have visually “holes” in their propeller thing.
good to know though

1 Like

All the help from people was quite gratifying I thought. Speaks well of the community. When it worked & then it didn’t but showed O2, then it stopped working again and now there was no O2 I didn’t know how the Needed to Fill = 0 on the Statistics page meant to look for leaks. With that bit of information (thanks again Bob), all was happily concluded.

I think this support is closed.

2 Likes

no worries. this game is constantly teaching us what not to do. many head scratchers await u :wink:

“Good luck out there buddy, you’re gonna need it…”
Barney_Ep1_crowbar

And now I have another. Debug once again shows O2 but see the attatched EPB. And, once again, the plants are not growing. Go figure.

perhaps try manually switch off/on your ventilators trough device menu few times, i had them showing as turned on bur not working until power cycled few times.

honestly sounds like a cursed blueprint. seen odd things happen with signal setup during “memory leaks” that persist in a blueprint file.

I can try that “a few times”. I’ve tried it once or twice but not “a few times” I suppose :slight_smile:
But essentially I think Bob is right. It’s probably just a bugged bp.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.