Playfield crash connected toolbar items deleted

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Connected 530 hydrocells to toolbar from ship. Playfield crashed and upon login, they were gone.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> JiNCo

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 11ish am EST

On which Playfield?
=> AIIE III

Structure Name(s)?
=> POI Runner

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 814055

How can we help you now?
=> Hydrocell returned please

Note to Self: Dont stay connected to ship while flying.

Right. Spread the word.
See here:

Similar to here:

I do it once but next time it’s part of this buggy game. Otherwise that is our new full time job.

I agree. It’s might be a full-time job reading up on all of these bugs…lol

I cant keep up. =)

Thanks

1 Like

Someone told me the items lost in the toolbar maybe back in the last container we connected to. I checked and my base is making more cells so I cant tell.

Its worth checking into next time this happens for anyone.

they are “supposed” to sort back into the connected container. i have suspicions it could be dropping these on the ground on disconnect if there is enough timeout lag. it’s hard to keep track of all the things we have to keep track of sometimes :wink:

the database implosion symptoms are starting to show as we are expanding our horizons again :frowning:

If you are connected to a container, and have items in the virtual hotbar, they are deleted by the game on game crash, and on safe disconnect, and they may or may not be deleted on switching playfields too (they used to).

This is not a new bug. It has been around as long as the virtual hotbar has existed. It only affects multiplayer.
In single player they are correctly put back into the container.

The devs have known about this bug since day 1 of the virtual hotbar and seemingly don’t intend to fix it (they repeatedly mark the bug reports as “Not a bug”).

Unfortunately, as long as we are planning on using volume and mass on the server, it’s a bug that is going to happen all the time to players.
It just wasn’t as noticeable on the regular servers before due to the increased carry capacity of the player (we didn’t need to use the virtual hotbar to build).

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.