Police

Then just allow the police to use a second account.
Without any special privileges. Log on the “play” account when no one is calling for admins.
And log to your admin account when someone needs you.
Thats the only way I see to guarantee no power-abuse.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting idea but i’d argue it’d probably be easier for a supposedly abusive member of the admin community to slip things to their second account rather than actually abusing on their main account. As say Rexxus was keeping an eye on someone. It’d be easier to look over all of Player A’s assets rather than having to look at Player A’s and Player B’s assets (by assets I mean bases, ships and stuff). Twice the work for Rexxus.

Moreover it’s easier to just call it ‘GG’ when in the middle of a fight, turn off turret and go and help people that way than it is to log from one account (say it’s your PVP account, you don’t want to instantly log out in a dangerous spot as you’ll lose tons of gear, further encouraging people to abuse by respawning stuff and so on) and onto another.

As one might be on ECC and the other might be in the middle of Black Hole. Whereas, as a single account, it can A: Be more easily checked and B: The player can instantly switch from their PVP to their helper role. Obviously there may be issues with someone ‘chasing’ after the admin player, but as long as they use legitimate means to get to a place of safety such as ECC (rather than teleporting their ship there), then I see less issues.

Best regards and thanks for sharing your opinion on this, the points you’re raising are really good and interesting. I hope it feels like i’m being constructive, if not let me know.

Also an apology for the length of my posts, brevity has never been a strength of mine. :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

PS: Damn, I need to go out and do some annoying real life stuff! Pesky real life, always getting in the way! I’ll speak to you all later! Take care!

1 Like

Give people the possibility to abuse powers and they will.
dQ already has proven me right when he was banned for abusing his admin powers before.

It takes seconds to log onto the second account to help someone.
Whenever I needed help I had to wait a couple of minutes before someone arrived. Even tho the admins already were on their powerfull account. So that cant be the point.
And only that “play” account has to be scanned by Rex.
So its always one account to check.

You know the first week of this season they hadn’t got their commands yet, if that was when.

Nah im talking about last season.
Its normal to wait like 5 minutes before you get help and its also ok like this, thats quick enough.

This is a lie, and i do not tolerate that!

Of course i ask for o2 or fuel when i need it… I dont choose any side at all, every time i see another player moving in at me in any pvp field, my haerth goes BOM.... If i know him i may be lucky and he dont kill me!

I never bring my admin ships to the surface of GG either, and yes, i mine there, allot! But so often i have to stop to help people (wich is fine for me)

I would NEVER lure people in to pvp, i just took someone doing this to new players!

Thx for you good words all here… I started this thread to see what people think! It is clearly that not all thrust that we will not use our police force when playing as everyone else, so i will from now off just stay away from any pvp encounter!

Hopefully in the future the rest of the community will let us play as well!

Thx for some really good words wise and others =)

2 Likes

From my point of view arranged fights would be alright?? (Where all parts agree to you being there)

Then there’s no reason to not trust you in PvP or be scared of you, but you’d be allowed to PvP.

2 Likes

And I’ll not tolerate you calling me a liar. There is no reason for me to talk anything untrue here.
None of the JVI members has trust in you because of your behaviour not being any kind of neutral nor police like just to let you know.

At least 20 players can confirm that behaviour of you if u ask for it?
We have an eye on you since you started choosing one side buddy, clearly seeing how you have developed into the negative. If you are the police we are your NSA.

I’ve been playing actively on HWS for 2 years now, and i’ve never seen this.

1 Like

What else would you say about your buddy :slight_smile:

Mate. Get some respect.

You’re in JVI. JVI raises newbies as well, just like police helps them.
Why do you have a problem with the police?

1 Like

Dont mix up what I’m saying. Im only disrespecting some of dQ’s behaviours.
Not all of it - ive seen him help players often, including me when I got into trouble.
And also im not talking about the police in general but about dQ in his police-role.

HWS was actually made really smart.

There’s a discord with chatlog 24/7.
If you remember a time dQ has
" lured players into the planet when your “buddies” were bored. "
Please find that. I’ll believe it when i see it…

1 Like

The chat was reseted with the season right? Cant show you anything from last season.
Just talk to the rest of the JVI if you wanna hear that all of us have seen and read it. He tried it with many of our players after our alliance with U_T broke, he never tried it before that :wink:
Can only show you the discord chat I had with him in privat. I’ll talk to our members and see who else is up to give his opinion on dQs behaviour and how much we feel him to be trust-worthy.

It’s not reset. You can read chat back to Looongg time ago.

You cancelled our alliance aprox 18/04/2019
Good luck searching.

Aight. Ill see if I can find it. But however. Having a ton of extremly active players not trusting him at all is all you need to know about someone that should be neutral and representing the server.

Well… no matter what you and the 20so players think, i am neatrual.

If you dont see that, i am sry for failing at that point.
The fact that i have a good tone with a good deal of players are not me choosing side, it is me being me… human…

But as said earlier, case is closed, will stay off any battles in the future.

1 Like

We are also neutral towards you. You are neither an enemy nor a competitor. There is no reason for us to make you look bad and we will also not profit anything from it…just saying what we experienced about you, what feeling it caused for us and letting the people know it.

1 Like

My experience with HWP in PVP has been overwhelmingly negative. Massive abuses of trust. These issues were dealt with promptly and effectively by Rex/Jascha, but they did still happen.

2 Likes

I think there’s a big difference between mistakes and abuse.

In my many years here my experience of them has been overwhelmingly positive. :slight_smile: Keep it up HWP! ^^

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes