Poll cancelled

Ya unfortunately this is the case. In 4.0 homeworld was easy to tell where people would be, it was always gold.
Thats why I was thinking about that rotation schedule for 4 planets. Everyone will know where to go for a fight, and it means that atleast once a day you can get attacked, rather than a daily swap schedule.

I am just disgusted that this vote is even here with a time frame of 2 days before a possible full wipe.

The vote should be just those people who have a base on the planet and a different vote for each server. No question about it people who don’t live will call for a full wipe heck I would if I didn’t have a base here. But for those who have spent many many hours here building. Then get given a vote with 2 days notice is disgusting.

Now I know admin do their best and I would never hold this against them in the long run. But they need to re look at this and adjust what they are planning and who gets a voice regarding it.

I guess kappa meant 70% of the EU people that voted, but anyhow, its hardly more than an anger driven assumption.

Now going back to serious discussion:

Here we have the problem and the proof polls need to be split.

Wasn’t playing back then, but as we all see - gold is still driving people forward, no matter if it means war or not.
Feel free to drop your own feedback and suggestions over in my discussion topic, hopefully it will give the admins ideas for true improvements :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok now im on pc so let get me started.

First of all this kind of poll should be separate since EU Armagedon is fine. Only NA is buggy.

Ok about EU Armageddon.
Our Freelancer alliance (FDM,TMP,GDI and NME) Together with Guardians alliance lead by PKA is living on Armageddon almost since begining. Limits was good idea, i dont mind surface wipes as well. Ok we were little pissed for digging up the base 4 times or so. Every day we build up our bases and defend them sometimes against few SVs. Sometimes against over 100 Hv/Sv assaults. (Some of those are 12k blocks Svs winch cause lag limit to tier 2 would be nice). We hold our ground and since hostiles have trouble taking us down some of them grief, some of them go and speak about lags they experience. Here is info of the day in battle lag is almost same for every one. Also we are trying to keep lag minimal by removing lights and keeping our base at tier 5 or so. Few days ago i have asked Rexxus how many wipes i should expect and he said “That was the last one”. Im really angry about taking away from us our hard earned bases that took weeks to build, and were difficult to hold. We may not even be able to salvage it all in time !. So could you please split poll between EU and NA ?

Yup, thats why I suggested it back here:[quote=“mcprouty, post:27, topic:4958”]
I guess the more fair thing would have been to have a separate poll for NA and EU.
[/quote]

Where are you getting this information?

Yeah, its 3 days until sunday.
But then, remember most of the EU players aren’t native english-speakers, with different level of vocabulary. I guess gunslinger either got slightly blinded by anger, or misstook it for satursday.

1 Like

ohhh he meant the wipe proposed by the poll. Full wipe to me means the 6.0 wipe

I feel that this Poll should be split between the servers. Furthermore neither preferred option should necessitate a guaranteed outcome. After-all many people voting in that poll have NO stakes on Armageddon, meanwhile other factions (i speak from my own experience as a PKA member) have been there since day 1 and have followed the rules and managed the surface wipes.

By pandering to those who simply want an easier time on Arma either in mining deposits or in attacking bases (through getting them continually reset/wiped) you risk losing the long-term stake holders that make Arma a PVP hotspot.

Just recently we had an AMAZING RED attack with at least 50+ HV’s that lasted nearly the entire PVP window. You folks haven’t given the new set-up and limits enough time to come to fruition, barely a weekend or two. People are STARTING to gear up and attack our bases, this is exactly what we WANT.

If you give Arma what many would consider to be a ‘third’ reset (as we had to mine out our base two times already it felt like re-building it) then you risk losing the long-term bases and established factions that are involved in PVP.

Give it a few more weeks, or wait till 6.0 until a wipe. I feel you’d be doing the longstanding surface factions on Arma a great disservice by posting what will be a very tactical poll. Where people can damage major factions simply by voting instead of risking any ships/RP/resources.

Best regards to each and every-one of you.
Wise.

PS: Come on RED, come get us again on our Arma base! We’re looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Figured he means “full armageddon wipe” :stuck_out_tongue:
Thought shortcut.

Thanks @Wiseman738 you said this in a more polite way than I did.

I think there is no such thing as last wipe on an Early Access game .D

1 Like

Wipe is unfair about the people who dutifully lined base and did not take it stand for a few hours but a few dozen hours than she looked amazing. I’m really disappointed that you’ll lose it if if will wipe. Otherwise, Armageddon is not the only planet where there is gold meteorites, so you do not get tuple that has a problem with someone or that you can not build a base. Me x-times destroyed based players base overnight and I did not do anything with it, so I’m glad for pvp in this time that is set.

Sincerely Yni of GDI

It’s funny how so many think arma is busy because of gold.

1 Like

I mean, its what drew me and pka out atleast, and us being there drew out zc and op4 and friends. So Id say its a fair assessment

Its not the only reason, its one of the factors.
Also - the problem pointed is gold during PvE, not the gold itself.

Without saying that admins should have no life and should be constatly monitoring the topics - am i the only one slightly worried about the lack of answer - at least to the overwhelming request to split the poll?

Oversight on my part, it’s silly to wipe both if the has no problems. I also don’t care about gold during pve let them have it. I just want players to fight during pvp and this has been great so far.

My agenda is lowering class limits on arma.

2 Likes

My main question about this wipe is this… what exactly is this suppose to “fix” exactly? IE… without the wipe, what are we missing, or what will be any different with the current play field problems? Are you trying to say that with a wipe, the lag and constant internal errors will be “fixed”? What about the lag… any improvement there? Point is… how about Rexxus or whomever “sell” it to us on why it needs to even be wiped?

Yes all problems will be fixed until it breaks again. Some changes are being done, will it fix the problem most likely not. Do you have any ideas because arma can be unplayable most nights. Since we discussed lot’s departure the lag has been a lot better. Not blaming just saying removing 30 class 4 ships helped a lot.

Lowering the class of bases to class 4 or 6 and SV HV to class 1 or 2 is going to have a massive impact on lag and gameplay.

I have seen it and tested it.

Your base is mine just haven’t bothered to core it because you all left.