Poll cancelled

That’s what FST is doing, but with 9-drill garage SVs, so its even more efficient. There’s drama about that, even a war errupted over them taking everything without regard towards mining allies.

I like where THIS is going.

Some kind of offline protection is what people are bitching about in any PvP area. The arma solution is nice, as anyone know when its protected and when not.

Not much other “PvP” funtions, really. Only variation i could think of is make a PvP planet with POI and without resources, and the other without POIs and with resources.

And if you spread people too much, there won’t be any fighting, as everyone will be cosy in their own base without the need of going out.

Now, the thing is - if you want fighting, there need to be motivation, right now its pretty much people looking for fight due to boredom, but there’s no ture motivation for arma fighting as gold is also available in PvE (and resources won’t be a motivation for base atack as you can stay easly clear of a base line of fire).

Now, for motivations there was some nice ideas here: Armageddon modifications announcement discussion - #19 by Fulgrim

In General, i like the idea of dedicated PvP planets, but it gotta be a thing that get some tought about…
You can’t just turn each homeworld planet into PvP, it will not solve the issues as people will be too spread for anything to happen.

Concentrating all fights in a spot is the way the go in my Opinion - just like blackhole in funnelling CV battles due to the resrouces call, Arma have the same potential, but for now, it lacks the right motivation, gold falling in PvE is one reason, but its not the only one. There’s is no reason or motivation right now to get into PvP on arma, exept if you’re bored and jsut want to have PvP for the sake of PvP (its a good reason, but its no always present).

In short - if you want battles, you need something that drive people to fight for it. Like real wars.
King of the hill or capture the flag that was mentioned is a good start. Hell, imagine the mess arma would be if there was a single indestructible gold autominer to be held…

1 Like

Wrong, actually even going for Arma PvP is gonna screw up the RP as if you want to leave PvP, you’re living neither in the lagoon nebula or donator planet, and those are the only systems that do not have to fly past the elemental market to get on arma.
And Elemental market being PvE, it already blocks your RP.

Only shows how much at a disadvantage freelancers are due to their “freedom” (freedom that actually cause more limitations than anything else).
“Yay, new server features. But you can’t use it if you want your faction features. Too bad for you.”

If you are just flying through the system and not staying there you won’t be penalized for the PVE. I believe I heard a 30 minute timer being thrown around but could be wrong.

So you can still earn all the free RP you want.

This poll is BULL SHIT @Achilles You must have known how people would vote on this so why even put it out there. All the cry babies are bound to vote for a wipe. So yet again for the 2nd time in as many weeks admin pander to the cry babies. Those established alliances who have defended their base day after day are going to lose everything AGAIN. I for one wont be building their again if it gets wiped. Not sure about rest of my Alliance but I am done with this pandering.

1 Like

I agree with Gunslinger, we fought we builded we digged a lot to keep our foothold on the planet, now our allied are there too, we hard earned that.
We spent a ton of mats and hours in that planet.

IF it is possible i think you should stop Gold spawn during PVE time, only during PVP so it is no more a Gabriel II, and ppl have to earn Gold by fighting

my 2 cent

1 Like

I still have a base cored on armageddon, and I voted yes…
Be real though, can you honestly say that the playfield is healthy? They tried limiting cores, they tried different biomes, they tried emergency surface wipes. Nothing is working, because combat hot spots just about NEED to be wiped regularly.

I guess the more fair thing would have been to have a separate poll for NA and EU.

1 Like

Arma has been the most fun i had on HWS in 5.0 also the most frustrating.

Lower the class of sv hv base on arma !!!

1 Like

Hehe someone should go and harvest all that salt, coming from LKA lakes of tears! I’ll prepare the popcorn!

Love,
Bersi
Your dramaloving neighbourhood pirate

LimitingHV and SV class on arma isn’t a bad idea actually. At least we won’t see 10k blocks SV around anymore…[quote=“mcprouty, post:27, topic:4958”]
Be real though, can you honestly say that the playfield is healthy? They tried limiting cores, they tried different biomes, they tried emergency surface wipes. Nothing is working, because combat hot spots just about NEED to be wiped regularly.
[/quote]

Wipes don’t have much to do with that. The game is laggy as soon as something is there no matter what you do, unless you have a beast PC. Playfield won’t have much to do with that - the wrecks after each battle are salvaged quite quickly on EU.
Exept wrecks the other things that weights on the playfield are the structures present on it, and there’s no real solution for that… i mean its either there or you have an empty planet.
What gunslinger is mad about, is that we spent the last weeks building on arma, with our enemies are more often whining about the lags than fighting. Lags that we have to cope with too. Especially when said enemies abuse game mechanics to maximize lags in their own bases and we still fight

There’s only 2 options. Either the planet have bases and peoplefighting and its laggy, and you live with it, or there’s no one, and there’s neither lags nor fighting.

Only thing i could see fit for that right now is a surface wipe from time to time to get rid of tunnels, and getting rid of POIs. No one will build a base on arma and try to hold it if its wiped every week. It will jsut become a dead planet for people hunting gold in PvE time.

On EU it will most likely become a dead planet if this wipe happen, because i don’t see anyone of the actual people that have a base there rebuild it anytime soon if its wiped as soon as someone starts crying about lags.
FDM most likely won’t at least.

1 Like

i guess im having a hard time following the logic of how one planet having gold and being pve for 12 hours is suddenly so game changingly tragic, where luce has been the go to pve gold mine from day 1 in 5.0 with a whole weekend as PVE gold. at least in arma you get fights…

Is gold really that important to you guys? is gold causing your lag? I thought this was all about bitching about lag and PVP battles…yet Gold continues to be a focus. Some of you are appear to be on a holy crusade against a diverse playstyle (often in the form of anti-pve) and are out to ruin a good thing for many people because you’re not happy with how some other folks are playing their game – while all the while blind (or belligerent) to the cries of people calling your own gamestyles out as ruining THEIR own games. its painful to observe. you cant say you want honest role play and then force everyone to play ONE way, advantageous to ONE playstyle. This isn’t CS:GO you dont just shoot people to ‘win’.

i’ve come to love this whole commnity, even you salty fellas, and i dont mind how it ends up – i’ll still be here supporting the community and the server – but i enjoy my game, how i play and i wager many others do the same. And how you do or dont enjoy your game typically has no bearing on me until your enjoyment is based on whether or not my playstyle is “acceptable” to your standards. Then its kind of trolling.

Kind of like telling the fat kid he can only eat cupcakes if hes running on the treadmill. WTF do i care? how he enjoys his cupcake is irrelevant to me.

At the end of the day, i desire everyone to enjoy their game. I also hope for you to do it without forcing others to not enjoy their game for your own benefit. nobody benefits from that in the long run. not you, not the guy you forced to rage quit because he doesn’t conform to your theory of “right”, not his faction, and certainly not the server donation coffers.

We gotta find a balance here to coexist with everyone - And it cant be “Take everything away from everyone who doesn’t play my way”. And balance means there’s gonna be some stuff you dont agree with.

1 Like

Was Arma supposed to be THE place to go and have nice (10+ fps) and quick pvp?.
Now I read the big ass factions go there and put monstruous bases so they can own the place and turn Arma in just anoter place to milk gold and stuff… Aren’t there other planets for that already?

1 Like

How about this: since this is a one time wipe, and we have loads of people talking about allll the stuff they built up but for some reason cannot break down before sunday, We have the admin take a copy of the planet before the wipe, and bp bases only, and refund the materials. I know it would be laborious and manual, but at that point you cant remotely say that it is just cry babies winning. You get atleast your material investment back. You will have to chalk up your time investment as playing the game. Sorry.

Just an idea.

Not a bad idea but then…

…but then, i’d like to see the result of that first.
I heard NA arma is waaaay more glitchy than EU, and even people from PKA Na voted wipe, while its PKA EU (and FDM, EU too) that are against.

1 Like

I protest this VOTE , 70% of players who vote WIPE is russians , coz they cannot broke our defense at BA . IF will be wipe i will end with this game. I work at my base many days and i dont want wipe . Btw , why yu cannot wipe other planets ? i dont want solve this then come 6.0 patch when will be full wipe . GL and HF

1 Like

Same here and we want to know the reasons behind this. I hear something about the NA Arma being glitched - wipe only NA Arma then.

We have put a lot of time and efforts building bases, not to mention digging trenches after the last terrain wipe.

Wiping without a very serious reason is completely lame.

1 Like

Agreed. The biggest opponents appear to be pka and company on EU, and if they are able to keep the battlefield cleaner than NA got, then it is incredibly feasible to have a different answer for each server. North America though, we have had a constant and escalating level of failure on the planet, after trying everything else that has been effective in the past at removing bugs. At this point it has been a fresh planet several times, with the same structures on it. While it is noteworthy that the planet is stable in pve, in terms of disconnect frequency, lack of error popups, and being able to log back in; it is still not the same as other planets with same load. Once pvp hits though, and a dozen people show up on planet at once, the whole server feels the effect, with several nights where it just became impossible to login, and the playfield itself shut down.

Btw guys who propose adding another planet, the issue with that is not only the fact that you are spreading people out more than is conducive to pvp. It is that this one planet is eating LOADS of server resources as well. Even if we had the same amount of people spread out over those two fields, the broken areas will exist, and now there are TWO playfields rendered at the same time.
Oh and btw homeworld is already a load of open, pvp planets, with motivation to NOT park in space, but rather on planets. What it becomes in practice however, is a lot of planets you can visit, but should not expect to survive there long unless you have 15-20 people available, and someone online 24/7.
Now, if we did something like homeworld as it is right now, with say 4 planets. (disclaimer, we would have to up the server reset amount from 3 a day at the current times, to 4 a day 6 hours apart) Now have each planet pve for 16 hours, pvp for 8. And at the beginning of pvp, reset the POI’s. Could even do something like the current one base hard limit that arma has now. Just spit balling. I enjoyed the hell out of arma pvp, but no one can keep up a pace of 11 hours of pvp, on top of the time in pve to repair and prepare for pvp. I would love to have a more designated and understood pvp time, where you know if someone attacks, it will be then.
Even do something like a roving Admin Cored freighter that slowly flies around the map, and when it reaches near a planet, it swaps that planet to pvp.
Apologies for the disjointed ideas, just had a lot of em recently.

1 Like

Sadly homeworld is dead due to no motivation to PvP.
As i said many time - you want people to go after something if you want fights. HW is so big, that the fe wpeople there rarely meets, and its kinda empty because nothing attracts people.

1 Like

Again I want to point out this VOTE is unfair to the point of bordering upon DISCRIMINATION.

Such harsh words aren’t needed.

But please split the EU and NA polls to have a fair and adequate view on this issue.

Lets look at the breakdown here:

• 50 people voted.

• Each person is 2% of the vote.

• You say 70% of those that voted yes are russians that cant beat you any other way.

• Currently, 74% of the voters chose wipe. That is 37 people.

So you are asserting that 26 people voted to wipe you because they cant do it with pve. But here is the problem. I know for a fact that atleast 10 people on NA that OWN BASES voted yes, because we discussed it in chat when this poll came out. It is nearly statistically impossible that no one else on NA voted to wipe, particularly considering how NA arma appears to be more broken than EU. If even 5 more people on the server voted to wipe, that is still a greater number than the 13 people who voted no.
Votes only work when people vote. If you want a different result, let your people know to speak up! There is nothing more fair to decision making for a large group of people than to take a popular vote, assuming that everyone votes. The assumption after that is that you did not care enough to click the button, so could go with either answer. But here is the reality, with this vote being for both servers, more than 3 times as many people care, and want arma to wipe. Regardless of the reason, it is the result.

1 Like