POLL for your gameplay!

Good work :slight_smile:

If OP keyed on playfield then that would not be “offline” protection… Of course everything should be vulnerable if a player if online but in another playfield, hence the risk of venturing out and leaving your base unattended.

If OP keyed on playfield then that would not be “offline” protection… Of course everything should be vulnerable if a player if online but in another playfield, hence the risk of venturing out and leaving your base unattended.[/quote]

Well hopefully soon, devs include API for HWS admin tool to talk to Faction chat. And people can get alerts.

Here how I like to play:

1. Be able to stash ships and resources in one place

2. go at war in other places and claim war prizes in others.

I tend to stay on PVE worlds at the moment since I don’t feel that there’s an urgent or necessity in going over PVP systems. I keep hearing that CVs sucks in battle, offline protection isn’t working properly… I just wouldn’t bring my flying base with hours of precious resources at risk just for kicks in return for a next to no benefit (in 4 simple words: Risk Everything For Nothing). Like most people, I like to see numbers increase, development and evolution in our little business.

So Basically, full PVP in a world where you cannot hide isn’t worth the trouble and like someone else say… it only takes 5 minutes to steal hours of work.

Maybe if holding certain controlled area in PVP every 5-15min in exchange for rewarding EC would be worth the trouble?

Meanwhile, I’m ok with the current server settings right now… I keep coming back for more.

Haha, yes I can understand your point, and in many games is exactly as you say, but it is absolutely not like that in real life, countries do not go to war without a good reason and a war declaration, and also when I walk in the street strangers don’t go fighting with each other or beating each other up, it’s called being civilized :wink: But again, I understand that a game is a game, and I guess some spontaneous action is needed to keep it fun.

That being said, I can’t wait for the new updates and thanks for all your hard work in this server Rex and Jascha :slight_smile: cheers.

All PvP except 2 PvE including their orbit so to be able to move from one to another in an easy way to avoid to be wiped and give to everybody the possibility to grow thinking that not everybody can be online hours every day. This 2 starter planet should be connected to all the other system for the same distance except for the central one to give possibility to players that are ready for PvP to chose which faction to join (now faction = system name) or eventually change it after approval.
The structure with a central system surrounded by other systems is good but also the surrounded systems should be connected each other to don’t oblige players to pass trough the central one which will be anyway the shorter way to travel and make more competitive the universe.
I think a single system should be a single faction to let players on the same system cooperate to colonize the central one and eventually the others. Factions should be balanced in the number of players to make everything more competitive and avoid to have too strong faction respect to another so to make the strategy the key point.
Who has the majority of the central system should receive some kind of prize to push factions to fight for it.
So at the end the universe should look like a diamond shape one of the 2 tips is the central system the other one are the 2 starter planet and the edge will be formed by the other systems the numbers depends on how many players will be allowed to play if 50 5 system can be good to try to have 10 players for each faction. Of course the resources have to be balanced everything should be founded in every system except may be for some rare that can be founded in the central system.
I hope what I described it is not too confusing and clear enough.
I also hope that a player of a different faction now will be on the radar as enemy (red).

I personally prefer any system that only has 1 PVE (starter) planet. I also think it’s a nice to have a (bi-)weekly event (Sunday for 24 hours) where said planet is PvP. Why? Because a 100% PVP system won’t please a majority of people (and really doesn’t work all that well with the current state of the game) but I do believe this is the closest you can get to a 100% PvP system. The admins will also have less work with “managing” the starter planet (amount of CV’s 'n such and buildings that aren’t being used anymore) as the planet gets “purged” every week by players.

I also suppost any other suggestions that make the starter planet unattractive to high level players.

Lastly, I’d like to add that I think the distance between star systems should get reduced a little. The cost (read: timesink) is quite high, especially for solo players at the moment. I also believe we’d see more interaction (read: PvP) because people are more likely to run into one another.

The PVP in this game is still a bit lacking tbh, so basing the game around it is dumb.

However if you guys wanted a more bloodthirsty kind of server, here is a great method for how it could work.

1) Move the Nova system to where the elemental marketplace is on the “spiral” for warp jumps.
This will give it a “centre of the universe” kind of feel, and will encourage people to branch out and travel to other systems (PVP systems) now its not such a huge resource drain to do so.

2) Set every planet outside the Nova system to PVP
Every planet, moon and orbit outside Nova (and its 3 planets) should be PVP. That way, people will see much more action.

Point 3 is the most important.
3) Make it so the further from Nova you travel, the better the resources are in both quality and quantity
So you want Zascosium Ore or Erestrum Ore? You better be ready to travel for it. You could also have a VERY rare chance of Gold Meteors spawning on far away planets, to encourage people to try and hunt for them.

SO
With my 3 ideas combined, we will have a server that:
Will allow safe/PVE playstyle
Will encourage risk/reward PVP
Will have an active travel economy (blue crystals will sell for more)
Encourage travel for mining, and hunting down rare meteors.
Will make it so PVP is seen more as a “risk” for great reward, rather than something to actively avoid.

That’s just my idea anyway. I think its better than some people screaming “hurrr make it all PVP, all the time, everywhere.” Dude nobody will play a full PVP server. People will join, get wrecked at level 2, and bail, or they’d have to play when server pop is low to avoid other people. It would absolutely suck.

I voted other and we discussed over steam what type of system I would like and I will be working on making it so that we can see how well it works and if it is a good direction to go.

Shouldn’t be also a bad idea to fight to conquere the center of universe and transform the planet in factions? So everybody choose on wich planet to set base and with all the other member of this planet to have a big faction, with possibility maby of sub factions, to fight all the other planets or make alliances with them? In this way because everyplanet can be well defended may be we also don’t need PVE anymore. Traders and so on can still exist and pirates can have for example a stong outpost in the space of a system with asteroids and no planets well positioned to be able to track and attack passing vassels or have any way a good position to lunch fast strike against some planets/systems.
Would be nice to cooperate in an entire planet against others and have nice rewards until keeping the center.

[quote=“Duke”]The PVP in this game is still a bit lacking tbh, so basing the game around it is dumb.

However if you guys wanted a more bloodthirsty kind of server, here is a great method for how it could work.

1) Move the Nova system to where the elemental marketplace is on the “spiral” for warp jumps.
This will give it a “centre of the universe” kind of feel, and will encourage people to branch out and travel to other systems (PVP systems) now its not such a huge resource drain to do so.

2) Set every planet outside the Nova system to PVP
Every planet, moon and orbit outside Nova (and its 3 planets) should be PVP. That way, people will see much more action.

Point 3 is the most important.
3) Make it so the further from Nova you travel, the better the resources are in both quality and quantity
So you want Zascosium Ore or Erestrum Ore? You better be ready to travel for it. You could also have a VERY rare chance of Gold Meteors spawning on far away planets, to encourage people to try and hunt for them.

SO
With my 3 ideas combined, we will have a server that:
Will allow safe/PVE playstyle
Will encourage risk/reward PVP
Will have an active travel economy (blue crystals will sell for more)
Encourage travel for mining, and hunting down rare meteors.
Will make it so PVP is seen more as a “risk” for great reward, rather than something to actively avoid.

That’s just my idea anyway. I think its better than some people screaming “hurrr make it all PVP, all the time, everywhere.” Dude nobody will play a full PVP server. People will join, get wrecked at level 2, and bail, or they’d have to play when server pop is low to avoid other people. It would absolutely suck.[/quote]

I like this idea best, because it’s a balance between PvP/PvE, only addition I’d say is make nova and PvE areas have no resources, forcing PvErs to basically mine or trade for what they need. They shouldn’t be able to get access to all 4 basic ores without some risk.

I also Like Dukes idea, with the added point I made in another post about there been a rent or maintenance to have a base on a PVE Planet that way old stuff can be deleted reducing lag on PVE