POLL for your gameplay!

What universe you want? You have 2 options to vote

• A full pvp system and a full pve system not connected to each other. ONLY 2 times per week a wormhole for 24 hours comes up where you can transfer?
  • With two system NO Offline Protection is needed anymore?
  • Only one planet is PvE in the PvP system?
  • The PvE system will not be wiped but every sunday 24hour everything PvP?
  • A full PvP server with just 1 PvE start planet?
  • A full PvE server with just 1 PvP orbit?
  • Other opinions? Write a comment

0 voters

Hey guys - the new universe challinging us in many ways so why we don’t ask you for your opinion? :slight_smile:

You’ve heard my “other opinion” before and I realize there are enforcement issues. The idea is a number of PvE starter planets that once you leave, you can’t go back to (unless you reset); everything else is PvP. The PvE planets can be wiped regularly to make meteors rarer and POIs more frequent, and the PvP planets become meteorite-rich. The new OP is good (except for the render distance!) so I think it could work well.

I also voted for the single PvE planet, which is also good if big CV’s/BA’s aren’t allowed.

Whilst I’m here… how about a blue crystal auto-miner? :laughing:

There are too many exploits/hacks for Empyrion’s default system to work. Cannot hide ships in deep space due to esp hack (can see everything, regardless of ownership). Cannot fully secure any base/ship, exploits can go right through walls, see entire base, locate core. OP is still buggy, not working so well, and in fact can be exploited as a weapon with 100% certain death to victim, without damanging their ship (and then steal their ship).

There is nothing server/admin can do to fix this, it’s up to Empyrion devs, so i’m not expecting the server to fix this. :slight_smile: I’m Saying this to highlight the fact that current Empyrion PvP system doesn’t work as intended. And players WILL exploit it, as always in any multiplayer game. So I’d like to play on a server that accepts these current problems, and combat’s it with systems that do work.

I will simply not play a server at all that has all PvP playfields.

“The PvE system will not be wiped but every sunday 24hour everything PvP?” - Again, with this, it takes only a few mins for a player to grief a base, and permanently ruin the pve world forever after. (once you claim a base, or place a base with weapons etc, the second it goes PvP, they all start firing on anything not owned by the same… This system of flipping pve world to pvp for even a few mins is easily exploited and completely defeats the purpose of pve (other than being able to park your ship in the playfield for protection. Again, it’s only a matter of time until players figure out how to exploit this.

Add a vote option: A PvE playfield that is 100% space, With a ‘landmark’ at the center for player reference while in playfield. This playfield will be used to park ships while off, or on vacation, etc. No resources, no bases allowed. - OP only works when ALL players in a faction are offline. If 1 player from a faction of 20 people is online, ALL their ships and bases are unprotected. A PvE playfield is a more effective method of protection while offline.
– NB: When Devs ‘fix’ OP to be on when no faction member is in the ‘playfield’, that will be much better. :slight_smile:

Other than the above, I’m ok with your planned universe Rexxxus.

[quote=“Scruffy”]
I will simply not play a server at all that has all PvP playfields.[/quote]

But may I ask you why you think so? I mean for now you are alone in the faction and the offline Protection keeps your stuff save while you are offline. And as long as your Base is actually a ship you have all important stuff always around you.
I think flying around is your and other problems right? Warp entrance camping is not allowed anymore at least. So caught by pirates is the only issue?
For that I can at least say that the new universe won’t be so centralized anymore where you exactly know how people need to warp to get from A to B. There will be more ways to reach your destination.

What else you can do to prevent a PvE system to not get crowded?

Your idea of a PvE orbit was implemented by me already in pre alpha. They were the Peacekeepers. First 1, then 2,3,4. They just get crowded too. After some time they got so full that ships started to disappear etc. PvE is just not ready. So sad it is. Pvp neither but at least it causes no performance / bug issue. It is just a gameplay issue what at least it is up to the players. If they group up they could deal with that. And with the big rebalance of factions you definitley will like to be an Alliance or Trader, trust me :slight_smile:

So if someone has a GOOD solution for the PvE population crowd problem - please let me know.

Hey All,

Personnaly i voted for full pvp with 1 pve planet. I have tried 2 others servers before coming here, one mainly pve was boring as hell, and the other was full PVP even starters planets (a lot more fun).

Now that OP is apparently fixed, i think right now this game in this state is far less punishing than others games, thinking of ARK for example where until recently you didn’t have OP, you leave a body when you log out which can be looted anytime, you have no real place to store safely your loots.

In this game your inventory is safe when you log out, you can store all the ingots you want in the virtual factory and we have on this awesome server, the elemental bank - market. So seriously, Even full PVP it’s easy to store loots that others can’t steal from you.

But if we need at least one pve planet, i think i will join Illysune as it should be a PVE Starter planet where you can’t go back, may be make this PVE planet like the elemental prison, we can image a big portal there to warp you out for a low cost (EC or crystals for example) but if you want to go back you simply can’t as it will cost 777 cristals to warp :smiley:

I think it will be easier this way than putting a lot of rules, even one small CV per faction, one small BA per faction blablabla etc…and less work to monitor all that/ performance issues / for the server, because there is no real solution for the parking pb in pve.

We have already more care/tools than any others servers around thanks to all the admins.

See you in space all, and good luck with all the work, can’t wait for the changes it will be awesome Rex ^^

[quote=“Blackwing”]But if we need at least one pve planet, i think i will join Illysune as it should be a PVE Starter planet where you can’t go back…
I think it will be easier this way than putting a lot of rules, even one small CV per faction, one small BA per faction blablabla etc…and less work to monitor all that/ performance issues / for the server, because there is no real solution for the parking pb in pve.[/quote]

hm you just gave me a great idea :slight_smile:. Out tool could handle both of them with warnings… thx :wink:

Yeah that’s what they do on Sinsofsolar, except they don’t have such cool tools to monitor it.

They also said you’re allowed to go there to give lifts to noobs, but I don’t think thats necessary or maybe it could be programmed some way to allow it.

I voted OTHER. Comment below.

I like the idea of one PvE planet not counting the starter planet(s), and all orbits PvP (exception of marketplace like orbits).

However, I think capitals should not be allowed on any planets and each faction can only have one base on the PvE planet (this should be easy to enforce), this is not alignments (Pirate, Alliance, Traders. I think having just a single base for each faction, only HVs and Svs on the PvE planet should limit some performance issues concerns.

It is easy enough to create a new Capital ship design in creative mode and spawn it into survival mode so there should not be issues getting attacked building a cap in space, at least until they build a shipyard or some mechanic that protects capital build projects.

I like the idea of a single PvE as it is exciting to see what people might build in this game, knowing it is PvE planet there the bases will look and function very differently.

The other concern I have with not having a PvE planet is there are so many flaws in this game that I am not sure full on PvP worlds would not just become more frustration then they are worth.

1. atm with PvP griefing and off-line raiding is still a looming issue.

2)Parking your capital ship “off-grid” does not work with rumored hacks out there. But I think on a PvP server and with the easy methods to spawn capitals and safely store materials to build them we can all accept and deal with this issue.

1. the OP is still not 100% reliable, maybe even more dangerous to use then not using it.

4)Most of us joined this PvP server to engage in Player-vs-player combat, not to be abused by off-line raiders who have no courage or honor to fight face to face but currently the game mechanics do not help on this matter. In the least we need a mechanism to know who raided us while we were off-line, at least putting some form of “risk” to the off-line raider, knowing the “victim” might return the favor and off-line raid them. I prefer on-line Player vs. player combat, but currently we know human nature and we know most PvP will be griefers preferring to to get their laughs destroying others efforts with no risk by raiding off-line. Ironic, considering they are the ones who want PvP servers and yet they prefer to attack off-line player bases (essentially playing a PvE game they complain about, attacking off-line player bases is not much different than attacking NPC bases which are clearly PvE)

Sorry for the long post. I want to be clear I am not directing this at you RexXxus just my thoughts on current game mechanics and ideas on how you might proceed to combat some of the current mechanical issues. Your server is by fun one of the best, and I think this game will only get better and better as the devs release new mechanic systems and everything starts to tie in together.

Keep up the great work and fly safe everyone.

I also point out that so long as there are large numbers of people on a server, there will be griefers and harassers and people who prefer more “true” PvP. The only real way to combat that I think for you guys is to have admins online who can get reports, observe instances of “hacking”, implement and enforce rules, etc… You can only automate so much of your server tasks, at the end of the day someone has to be there on the server watching to address things your software cannot reconcile.

[quote=“RexXxuS”][quote=“Scruffy”]
I will simply not play a server at all that has all PvP playfields.[/quote]

But may I ask you why you think so? I mean for now you are alone in the faction and the offline Protection keeps your stuff save while you are offline. And as long as your Base is actually a ship you have all important stuff always around you.
I think flying around is your and other problems right? Warp entrance camping is not allowed anymore at least. So caught by pirates is the only issue?
For that I can at least say that the new universe won’t be so centralized anymore where you exactly know how people need to warp to get from A to B. There will be more ways to reach your destination.[/quote]

• Because there really is no protection from hacks/exploits atm. As much as your fantastic admin tool catches a lot of obvious cheaters, you’re not catching the smart hacks. :slight_smile: I love entering PvP when I want to PvP. I don’t want to deal with lost work while offline, or busy in another playfield somewhere. And after we’ve had working OP for a few weeks, I’ll believe it’s safe. Further to this, even when you DO catch the hacker/exploiter, WILL you bring back exactly what was lost? A ship with all it’s stored resources, sorted items, as it was before it was griefed? (I’ve heard admin say yes we can, but I’ve also heard players complain that Admin did not return what was lost. They respawned a ship with nothing in it). I fully understand this is a massive expectation, unreasonable even, and huge work for Admin even IF possible. Hence, I prefer to simply avoid the ENTIRE event completely, and park in PvE.
  • I also don’t like the idea of Pirates camping my location so that when i log in, they can attack.
  • I don’t like having my own turrets fire on my own ships when i spawn them in. Or being unable to privatize some ships within the faction for personal use, because turrets fire on them if not factioned.
    When the devs fix turrets to be effective in PvP, and not shoot allies/private faction structures, change OP to be on when no faction members are in the ‘playfield’, I’m happy to defend my base/CV. Till then, I will stick to SV dogfights and such.

I remain solo mostly to have OP work when not online, and to not worry about noob mistakes from faction members destroying everything. But I definitely don’t wish to remain solo. If/when there is a legit option to park in PvE, I’d like to faction up with others. When devs fix factions, OP and turrets in PvP, there wont’ be a need for PvE parking.

The other major issue here is cost of traveling to other systems, pentaxit. On the PvE servers I play, they don’t make it expensive, which means you can jump from place to place and build, or use CV as a base. On HWS, you can’t just travel to PvE space, and log off for the night, it’s way too expensive to fly back and forward. For the casual gamer especially. It’s simply adding a lot of grind to an action game IMO.

I’m sorry, I don’t have any GOOD suggestions to avoid overcrowding. Other than limiting the number of large CV’s per player, and wiping the PvE playfield from time to time to remove ‘no longer playing the game’ builds.

one pve starter planet i can agree on for the carebears, but with the waste space out there and working OP i don’t see a problem with having pvp universe. people can just combat log and survive, and the risk of getting raid is minimum if you are mining close to your base and keeping an eye on it.

Thanks for all your discussions… They are very important for our descisions!
We are working meanwhile on a nother Server for a larger Universe, where maybe more options come into play.

Just to mention one thing:

[quote=“Scruffy”]
Further to this, even when you DO catch the hacker/exploiter, WILL you bring back exactly what was lost? A ship with all it’s stored resources, sorted items, as it was before it was griefed? (I’ve heard admin say yes we can, but I’ve also heard players complain that Admin did not return what was lost. They respawned a ship with nothing in it). I fully understand this is a massive expectation, unreasonable even, and huge work for Admin even IF possible.[/quote]

We were not able to do it (without much work) for long. But our tool now is able to restore the complete ship with a klick and an unloaded PF.
At the moment we save all ships every hour, so you would/loose in the worsed case the last hour. Since saving the ships works quite well and we cleaned up all old files automatically, we might even start saving ships more often… like every 30 minutes.

But us giving ships back is another topic. Off course we would not just give back ships to everyone crying… we still have to check the incident and if its a valid reason. Sadly this is the more difficult part… Is it own fault, hack, real griefing, just a crybaby, … Often most difficult to find out the truth…
For ex: Otherwise your enemie who attacked you and lost, comes and asks for the same ship over an over again… No one wants that :slight_smile:.

So: “Can” and “Will do” (in every instance) is still not the same, so your argument is still fully valid.

Sorry… back to the real discussion :slight_smile:

To clarify, this new universe with the top poll question of a pvp and pve system unconnected; Is this two servers with the whole server tunnel idea, or we talking about how you currently have the jail system?

As to the discussion at hand, in regards to controlling pve population…

Is there a way to control structure counts per player in a playfield through CB? If a player has to register with the CB to make a structure, and is limited by CB (or flagged for admin removal of illegal structures), this could help reduce population overcrowding. Also, if it’s set so that structures will vanish after a certain amount of idle time (ie, owner hasnt logged in after 7 days, owner’s base disappears on that planet). If these things can be done through CB or admin tools, then a pvp flip would be unnecessary. However, I do like the idea of alien invasions even on PVE playfields, that could also contribute to reduction in crowding.

Yep that is what I mean with not connected.

Well we could track down current core amount on a playfield but can’t people force to register their cores with a command for example. So it is hard for us to control that.
What we can do is to warn people by commands and then remove it if they do not stop… something like that. Jascha mentioned earlier…

Thanks for your feedback! We are on it :slight_smile:

hello peeps how are you

I smudgybear has voted other, my thinking of an ideal universe is starter planets 1 or 2 rest pvp but people need to keep their stuff safe as you can mine and build for days then only to get it looted or blown up lol then the word
     rage quit comes into it lol i have even seen big factions leave to other servers because they see all their stuff blown or looted only to start again especially for example one person of a faction is online mining mars and their pvp base is 
     getting smashed lol,dont forget this game is not a call of duty, where you jump back into the action in 10 seconds with all ammo and guns just by pressing rejoin lmao it took me the other day about 3 hours just to get off my starter 
     planet and back to base on Uranus. One good idea a while ago was the cv parking orbit where peeps kept stuff safe plus gives people time to build and prepare for pvp and if pvp goes wrong they have resources and ships to jump back into the 
     action instead of a gun and survival constructor and on the wrong planet lmao i think if you want a big server with big people count you need a balance, try some maths lol you have the figures, how many ships and bases are on pve planets
     and orbits and how many are in pvp areas, even peeps which say are pvp people keep a stash of stuff on pve lol 
                                                                                                                                    well have not got a clue if any of that made sense lmao im drunk lol no im not lol if i was drunk there would be bad language lmao 

regards and lots of love smudgy

Hey guys, i voted for options 1 and 3, and here’s my explanation

We need to keep the pvp and pve separated, because there are and always will be players who want to play pve but with other people, because let’s face it, it’s more fun that way… But on the other hand, there will always be players who don’t want pve, but want to smash other people’s bases and ships and want to dogfight all day. There is a way to make both happy, and here’s my view how

1. Keep the starting planets as it is now. This works good and there is no need for change. The problem i see is that the current starting planets are overpopulated because everyone likes to keep their stuff safe. Starting planets should be for new players who are just figuring out how stuff works on this server and that should be their main purpose. Once they have a SV, they should relocate to one of the other pve planets where their stuff will not be wiped every 3 days.

2. Make a pve universe similar to the one in single player, with rare resources only spawning on other planets and systems, where not all the stuff can be found on all planets because it removes the need for relocating and searching for other resources. PVE people can literally now just stay on earth/mars/uranus and just mine and farm and never go visit any other planet. There should be an incentive to populate, for example, a desert planet, because you can only find magnesium on that planet. Or a lava planet because you can only find erestrum there. Autominer kinda removes the need for that, but there should be multiple options where to build without fear your hard work is gonna get wiped or destroyed at some point. So we need more PVE planets that DON’T GET WIPED.

3. As for the PVP universe, i love hearing all this talk on the server and forums about how “it should all be pvp”, and it’s coming from people who have most of their stuff located on a pve planets. If you want full pvp, then EVERYTHING is pvp. PVP universe is, in my opinion, a solution for endgame, because when you reach a point when your autominer produces more than you can spend, the game gets really boring. So why not have a full pvp world without any pve locations to hide away. No crybabies allowed, if you want to survive, you have to adapt and build smart, not be a bigmouth and then hide on a pve planet. The wormhole twice a week is a perfect solution to balance this, as you can always get back to PVE universe and rebuild if you see you weren’t ready for pvp and you got all your stuff destroyed.

4. I would like to see more roleplay on this server. For example, factions. Pirate factions should be, without exception, in a pvp world. No bases allowed on planets, only in space. They should make a well defended bases in space (maybe even multiple in the same location), and raid everyone else who dares entering the pvp universe. Alliance is there to defend the good guys (miners, traders) and escort them to mining expeditions, escorting trader cargo ships, and stuff like that, and of course, hunt pirates down. Alliance can build in both space and on planets.

5. Traders should have a dedicated planet or system in a pvp universe where they can set up shops for all players, be it pirates, alliance or any other faction. Something like Elemental Marketplace is now, no attacking in marketplace or you go to prison. That’s the reason i also voted for option 3. However, traders will also be forced to build a base in a pvp environment and defend their base accordingly, with some help from the Alliance faction, only the marketplace itselfshould be pve.

I have lots more details worked out concerning the roleplay aspect, but i’m not in mood for so much typing right now :slight_smile: If the admins like some of these ideas, i can go into more detail. I would love to see this server turn into more roleplay, even now as it is it’s the #1 server, but it still has room to improve.

For the end, a BIG thank you for the devs for making this awesome server and for their dedication to make it an awesome place for everyone, really guys, you are AWESOME.

Even as Alliance I think this is too much to ask of Pirates. There are significant advantages to being on land as opposed to space, and your basically saying “pirates can’t have it as easy as alliance”. I feel both pirates and alliance should have equal PvP traits, just different goals. I think asking pirates to build in space only will result in alliance being about to easily defeat them because space is so easy to destroy stuff in.

I totally agree with Scruffy and Kibri, as long as there are so many bugs, hacks, and people who enjoy destroying others works when they’re offline, or by using exploits, that’s not real PVP. Therefore at least 1 or 2 PVE planets are necessary.

One solution to not flood these PVE planets with cores could be making a rule: each faction can have 1 headquarter base in a PVE planet, but they have to name it Headquarters, any other bases or bases without that name would get wiped.

I also like the rules in BLG Star Wars server, where you have to declare war to fight and there must be someone online from both factions to declare war: barelylegalgamer.com/rules/

We don’t have to implement the exact same rules, but maybe these points can spark some good ideas.

Anyways, those are my 2 cents, cheers.

[quote=“RSSF_Maverick”]I totally agree with Scruffy and Kibri, as long as there are so many bugs, hacks, and people who enjoy destroying others works when they’re offline, or by using exploits, that’s not real PVP. Therefore at least 1 or 2 PVE planets are necessary.

I also like the rules in BLG Star Wars server, where you have to declare war to fight and there must be someone online from both factions to declare war[/quote]

Regarding the OP: there are coming some improvements with Alpha 2.0

Regarding BLG: I personally don’t like this. We could easily handle this system/rule with our tool to make it work right but this takes away the dynamic fight and survival style. In other games or real life war is war. No candy party where someone ask them friendly to be allowed to hit you - “please~”?!
Nah, we are working on a bigger thing… a thing you have your personal Intruder/Combat log (who attacked you etc.)… stay tuned :slight_smile:

Thank to you all guys! I hope you liked this kind of format to take part into the new universe :slight_smile:

So the current state of the universe / poll:

1. There will be 1 PvE starter planet (Mars) and 1 PvP starter planet (Earth). You can only chose between these two planets to start.

2. There will be two different universe for the EU and the NA server. So with the Cross Server Warp you can explore both universes (the EU one will be larger)

3. There will be a 1 PvE Orbit (Elemental Marketplace) where you can save your ships (earlier known as our Peacekeepers) which is not reachable from all playfields

4. There will be 2 PvE planets which are not reachable from all playfields. We set rules and mechanism with our tool to hinder a crowd planet.
    a) Only 1 HQ per faction which needs the name HQ in it
    b) No CVs on both Mars or these 2 PvE planets at all