Pre-5.0 announcement

only 3 BA faction also. Want to see also CV limits on faction in same battlefield.

No 3 per member AND 3 per faction. So in best case we can have over a 100 BA’s :slight_smile:

Update: This server does not focus nor care about solo/tiny factions. Join/make a bigger one or accept that you will always be at a huge disadvantage.

1 Like

well thats stypid then it actually hurts small one :open_mouth: I really hope Eleon put some real strategy to this PvP now there absolutely none. Mass win allways, there no need talent, no tactics, no strategy. No skills at all.

what ever the changes lol over come and adapt its a game sooooo game on lol

1 Like

I am glad they did not nerf block count down to 10k that would be disastrous, 20k I can live with.
Please don’t nerf BC (wish it would stack to 999)
Would still like to see OCD put all removed from PvP playfields entirely (choose 1 slot to save only on cd), but allow infinite get/put all on rotating PvE planets.

And what prevents a large Guild on the server to share a few small example for 2 players in the guild. So instead of 63 bases in a guild, we will get 90 databases. Where are the savings? The right thing to do for 3 private base and factional depending on the size of the guild. Membury the more, the more bases. 10 people - 10 bases. 1 person - 1 base. So the right thing.

You clearly do not know how databases/code works unless that was a serious typo :wink: . The physical database size & number of database entries are IRRELEVANT for SQL databases. Perhaps at a few zillion entries that at some point perhaps with complex queries and low RAM it may start slowing down. So unless this game goes MMO World of Warcraft size, don’t worry about that.
The performance hit (correct me if I’m wrong) is mostly caused by no/terrible optimization from the developers in the game itself. Unity does not do this for them, they have to do this manually and they didn’t do it properly (yet). The fact that BA’s with inactive constructors and such are even draining any performance at all (other than a bit of network performance for nearby players) is already terrible/no optimization.
However, it makes sense to first implement all major features into the game, and only then start optimizing.

But I agree that these new rules&restrictions combined (with the info we have now) hurt a few builders and players who want to share BA’s within the faction (can’t give other ppl access to your blocks with private so they can build on it) while large factions can still spam and spam them all over the place in both PVP & PVE. To me this is a red flag.

This for example would imo be better (still not good enough imo):
3 faction BA’s + 1 faction BA per 10 players in faction (capped to 10 total) AND 1 private BA per faction member and max 2CV per PVE-playfield (so they can have 1 small warpship + 1 pvp ship) with a max of 4 CV globally in all PVE-playfields. 50k block limit for PVE faction BA’s and 1000 device limit for faction PVE BA’s. Possibly also remove SI from PVE BA’s because they serve no real purpose and only stress (or atleast bug) out the server more (devs).
Then add a separate rule that prohibits PVP-BA-spam for the purpose of adding more cores/turrets/armor to/around an existing one.

Yes it quickly becomes more complex to read. But with the “less is more” rule, which we clearly have now, we can already abuse it while it limits a few people who want to ‘use it properly’…

He meant bases. Not Databases

sorry if this was already asked but, when 5.0 come out will you do a full wipe ?
coz i don’t want to waste my time farming now if everything is gone next week :confused:

Go to X7. Mine gold. Upgrade OCD. Store your stuff.

Preparing for 5.0. :yum:

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.