Pre-5.0 announcement

450 / 15 = 30 devices per player and 50 for the fuel tanks + generators + o2 + whatever.

Assuming 5 cargo boxes + 12 constructors + 6 doors = 7 devices left for EVERYTHING else. Can’t even fit a shared garden on the BA anymore. Come on you gotta agree with me that this idea is down the drain… Better spam 1-2 separate private BA’s per player instead. And yes some players want some deco/glass, not everybody wants to live in an iron bunker with shutters.

1 Like

Whats wrong with that, its a step up from a padded room i think. :wink:

https://images8.alphacoders.com/549/thumb-1920-549936.jpg

How about building houses out of CV’s, no need for thrusters once it’s in place?
Unless you need the “1 CV” limit to have your assault PVP fleet parked on a PVE- planet?

Too annoying. You want to be able to enter the planet with your warp CV. If your house is already a CV, then this won’t be allowed. Not to mention that CV’s disappear/glitch on a regular basis on planets so kinda risky on top of that to use it as your house/factory.

I thought about it all and my conclusion was (and still is): everybody spawns their own BA’s again, no shared stuff, it’s too nerfed.

Yes Tiny - If this is the rules we will spawn private houses again. Realy bad but we dont have any other choice.

Well I’m all out of suggestions.

All i need is a bright green box where i can keep my stuff, then I’m happy.
We have one faction base with constructors/boxes/garden/O2/medbay etc etc

We just play the game differently i guess.

Rly?.. We just need changes in dat “new” rules.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:69, topic:2689”]
Rly?.. We just need changes in dat “new” rules.
[/quote]But i belive that restrictions on Size is good overall… Its better for the performance…

But still 3 BA / faction can be a problem. But it depends on how the turrets have been changed.

This won’t necessarily resonate with Pirates, Lawless types and for those that don’t park deep space or otherwise camp on PVE systems - so keep that in mind here on the below comments.

I really hope you guys rethink this OCD:get/put issue. I understand you’re attempting to fix a problem with cheaters/exploiters but this ultimately impacts the majority of “trader type” players in a negative way to stop just a few bad players. This ultimately discourages Traders types from ever wanting to go to PVP thus killing PVP for not just Traders but those that would like to prey/use Traders in PVP space.

Here is the experience before: Fly for a long time to safe spot base area; park and do traders stuff. Done.
Here is the experience now: Fly for a long time to safe spot base area; park and do traders stuff…oh wait, I can’t b/c I have to now fly to another PVE area to OCD. So now, warp to PVE area and do traders stuff. Now warp BACK to your home area and fly for a long time back home. Oh crap, forgot something. Warp back to PVE area, OCD again…then warp back and fly for a long time again. EVERY…SINGLE…TIME. Joy Kill.

And I understand the original intent for OCD was for “save through wipes” and if that were true, you would make OCD only accessible after wipes. As it has evolved, we all use it as our personal inventory like you would in any other game; it’s not just a safe place put stuff in case of wipes. Please, reconcider this limitation on OCD.

Simply enforce rules and make them harsh for those that break them i.e. If you misuse the OCD you get a warning, next 1 week ban, next perma ban or something like this. Instead of limiting OCD for everyone.

Imagine any other game where you cannot access your inventory without restriction? This is a game developer issue and I appreciate Jas/Rexx attempts at fixing this but it is a royal pain in the ass for those of us that are Traders that move items in and out of OCD many times in a single hour.

LOL.

OCD - its not game tool, its server tool! Created for SAVING your stuff from wipe. Its not warehouse!!1111 Wonna trade? Make it how it MUST be - make cargo-ship, and transport ALL u need to trade-zone. Afraid to be killed in road? - pay to Hunters, for security.

I hope OCD will stay in this condition even in 5.0.

1 Like

I totaly agree with AlexAKM on this. OCD in pvp is bad.

Or just… dont forget stuff. Since the OCD change, yes I use the ocd less. We now keep materials on hand. I made ONE trip torader yesterday in order to ocd about 50 boxes worth of materials from breaking down CV. OCD should not be used as a magic backpack is what I think they are going for. Rather as a Safe location. Thats it. If you have to travel to it to use it, so be it. I wouldnt care if it were actually a physical structure in pve space, It would only affect me so far as it might take more fuel to get there.

I even think OCD should only be used in faction planet or Elemental market place… That would make it even better

Thats… how it is right now. It does not work in any pvp, or any planet that rotates to pvp. That means faction planet and elemental market. And pve starter I suppose. If we are just IGNORING THE RULES LIKE ANIMALS

:slight_smile:

I just want to say that I now have four contracts out with bounty hunters, on the off chance that one of them could follow through with it. Nothing yet

1 Like

Crystal prices are already really high, 200+/crystal on NA, and noobs don’t have access to high level auto-miners. Unless you think people are spending weeks on earth, the money raised would not offset what they’d need for the higher bc auto-miners. I bring this up, because you seem to think people just hopping on the server are well versed on the general state of the server and when they wipe/get stranded, there’s a decent chance they won’t have the credits on hand to buy the inflated crystal(if there’s anyone on to sell at the time)

You seem to want more pvp. I understand that. What I don’t understand is how you think putting these limitations on a travel resource will accomplish this. I find it far more likely that the people you can’t find for pvp will just warp out of pve zones less.

I keep seeing this “do trader stuff”…

What is this trader stuff that makes you need the OCD?

What gives “trader stuff” a need for the OCD that “pirate stuff” does not have?

Exacly…

Good serius limits to factions at least, something nice for small factions and solo players

But big factions can still spawn dozens of BA’s and still get a major advantage over small ones… Not sure what you were reading.