Prepare for swiss cheese (Exposed Thursters?)

:popcorn:

1 Like

This thread, which was sarcastic in nature to begin with, has turned in to “PvE players lecture PvP players on why they’re right.”

I don’t see why we need exposed thrusters. Nothing stops anyone from making exposed thrusters now. Why force the rest of us to.

I only trust Wal-Mart mechanics for all my vehicles…

/s

We don’t need exposed thrusters, if so we might as well require all CVs to have deco blocks throughout the ship (trees, consoles, etc.) to add to that “realism”. Also all need toilets. and a sink. and a soap dispenser. and paper towels. and trash can… the list goes on.

2 Likes

We need a trash compactor block, it has to be at the bottom of a vent block, and you have to use it everytime before you warp. Source: Star Wars.

I’ve identified what I thought was your concern, spoken to it, and asked if there were any other concerns you had on the matter. You’ve responded with a hubris typical to PvP crybullies and little actual discussion that you yourself invited.

I didn’t realize this started off as a bit of a troll thread from the get-go. I guess you got me.

Yeah it was just a knee jerk reaction post after the poll and before Rex announced exposed thrusters wouldn’t be requires this season. It was not meant to be going 6 weeks later. :sweat_smile:

No trollollollolling allowed here.

and yes David to trash compactors, if that realism were implemented then I would k-warp near other peoples bases to expel my constant fast food habits and litter the playfield.

I read through your post, and I must say your entire argument begins and ends with this statement.

Here’s why:

1. The debate was never about wherether or not we should have a more advanced thrust mechanic (or in general, shipbuilding mechanics) it was rather a question of how this adds any value to the current build over more pressing matters, such as optimizations, expanded universe content, and dynamic building mechanics like custom turrets
    We could have this rather uneventful change (in that, by it’s current implementation, would fail to realistically make changes to the pvp community or meta) OR we could have eleon actually think of a better mechanic.

2. Simply saying “Cope Adapt Learn Enjoy” is a really bad statement to make, because legitimate criticism can not be simply brushed aside by demanding an entire community (of which you clearly do not understand very well) simply put up and adapt to changes PVE players make.

3. Instead of cooperating with the pvp community, the overriding reason this thruster mechanic is being pushed for is for immersion’s sake alone. Or put it a different way, the PVE community alone. Its not to address flawed areas of the PVE/PVP meta, or to improve the game for everyone, it’s to make you feel like thrusters are functioning in the way they would realistically.
    Sidenote here, the suggested mechanics would not remove internal thrusters, rather just result in small holes everywhere leading outside to enable thrusters. You would not actually see any pvp ships with exposed thrusters. A 2 day challenge, at best, for pvp players.

4. This also ties into your statement about humble brags, in that you are basically telling players with over 5k hours, that their previous experience, hardship, and learning is irrelevant. Put it another way, we as a pvp community don’t go anywhere. Players that join us are statistically more likely to remain after extreme periods of time. PVE Community members spend maybe 200-600 hours before they are off to the next experience and that’s if I’m being generous. Of course some of these players EXPECT to understand the game mechanics and the underlying issue better then joe doe who’s been in pve his entire 200 hours .

5. Changes to the game effect our community much more long term then it does the PVE community. There is only so many times you can get into a PVE server and defeat the environment before you are bored. There is an infinite number of times one can defeat a real human in a dynamic way. Our players are from 2-3 years back, while i’m only just now hearing of you as a player. That might be the exclusivity of the pvp community at play, but it highlights why we view outside influence as bad.

Sit down with us and have a healthy discussion before making eleon put in a mechanic that doesn’t help our section of the community. I am sure we could come up with a mechanic that challenges us all.

p.s yes i know this is not a serious thread but I felt like these are still valid points, hope i’m right on that.

3 Likes

We should not have exposed thrusts Full stop.

You realize this topic is a year old right? :stuck_out_tongue:

just saw lol

I approve where this conversation is heading.

This topic was never about whether there should be exposed thrusters on HWS anyways :stuck_out_tongue: It was about why some people wanted exposted thrusters.

1 Like

But I don’t like exposed thrusters. Makes me feel… exposed.

3 Likes