Problem with newly purchased Scorpion (CV Garage ship)

So, being new to the HWS community, and very interested in the Garage ships, I was extremely excited to make my first Garage ship purchase. I chose a CV Miner called “Scorpion”. Unfortunately, I did not discover a major flaw in the design (the builder’s fault I assume).

The issue:
While piloting the ship, if in atmosphere and using the game’s Compass feature to navigate, it shows that I’m flying West. However, it’s actually flying 180 opposite; East. I then noticed when flying in space and using the map to see what I’m pointing at or towards, the pointer shows that I’m heading towards a Planet for example, but the reality is that I’m heading 180 opposite. So, apparently, the builder of the Scorpion built the dang thing ‘backwards’?

Question for the Community / Admins:
Is there a way I can fix this? If not, I’d like a full refund. The challenge posed by this issue is too much to live with. If it can be fixed without losing Support or Warranty, I’m all for it. But I’m not sure that I would know how to do that. Thoughts?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey. Please fill the details below :slight_smile:

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=>

Player(s) with issue:
=>

Server:
=>

Time (cb:time):
=>

Playfield:
=>

Structure Name(s):
=>

Structure ID(s):
=>

How can we help you now:
=>

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=>New Garage ship called Scorpion, a CV Miner, was built incorrectly; it is backwards. While piloting the ship, if in atmosphere and using the game’s Compass feature to navigate, it shows that I’m flying West. However, it’s actually flying 180 opposite; East. I then noticed when flying in space and using the map to see what I’m pointing at or towards, the pointer shows that I’m heading towards a Planet for example, but the reality is that I’m heading 180 opposite. So, apparently, the builder of the Scorpion built the dang thing ‘backwards’?

Player(s) with issue:
=>FJhookah (ID: 122123)

Server:
=>NA

Time (cb:time):
=>Toaay 1:30PM Central Time

Playfield:
=>Eden Planet

Structure Name(s):
=>Hookah

Structure ID(s):
=>10829690

How can we help you now:
=>Please refund, as the Ship was not built correctly. Builders aren’t perfect, and that’s ok, but I should have a ship that was built to fly in the proper direction at least, right? Thanks for considering this solution.

3 Likes

i have a feeling it was created sideways. when u start a structure it has a frontal direction hard coded in the structure. if u spin ur cockpit around this does not change the frontal direction at all. i noticed this when i refit a raider last season and flipped the cockpit 180°. it would constantly say i was flying backwards.

yep it’s like Bob said I think… the cockpit was placed in the opposite direction of the initial spawn :roll_eyes:
not sure how easy that is to fix…

i think just copy pasting the entire ship on reverse on another core will fix it.
There also will be a problem when warping since you will be in the opposite direction

i have tried pulling and rotating the core but that doesn’t do it either. the ship will have to be rebuilt to fix that :frowning:

bit of a rough lesson in shipbuilding. when u start a cv,sv, or hv build there is a block with an arrow pointing forward. i have not found a way to adjust this without rebuilding yet…yet :wink:

K warping didn’t seem to be affected by this though…

Thanks for checking into this Bob, I really appreciate it. Hopefully, Rex will make this right. Let it be a lesson to everyone that we should never, ever, assume that the garage ships are correctly built.

Let it be a lesson to everyone that *Garage ships are built by humans, which can make mistakes :wink:

3 Likes

This is how to fix it, the problem just is, you cant do it to garage ship on hws. The builder who build the ship initially should do this and repost the blueprint to ju… https://youtu.be/1NjOXxJPcL4

2 Likes

Hi @FJHookah,
thanks for your report! I will fix the ship and exchange with your one tomorrow evening.

2 Likes

Thank you Ju!

1 Like

Of course Humans make mistakes. However, a garage ship builder should ‘always’ QA their submissions for the most basic flight characteristics prior to submitting their work. And now I and others know the importance of test flying garage ships in-game via the garage event prior to our purchase.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.