Promoting player interaction

I have an idea, I will just write it out as if it was the server informing the players of the event.

server notice: it is 3pm ! if 20 players or more can gather at the “structure name” on “playfieldname” before 4pm, each player attended will receive “amount of rp”.

The time of 3pm to 4pm is just an example, it could be random, and the location could be random, and perhaps multiple locations at a time.

The idea is bringing groups of random players together at one place briefly where interaction would then be encouraged, checking out each others ships, joining clans, perhaps even trade deals could happen through these gatherings as well as other spontaneous activity.

Nice idea and beside the need to type “ev:start:hangout” or so, it would be already doable from my side in 5 minutes.
PvE I assume, though!?

The ECC EGS HQ is the best representative location for that but maybe we can gather some locations for that around the Universe.
If it’s your Boat party in the middle of the ocean some might say unfair though :wink:

You could totally add pvp locations to the mix too, that would be rather chaotic perhaps haha.
Might lead to a few butthurts.

Yeah ultimately the idea works best and works fair in pve, though something similar aimed at pvp players could also work.

I agree that the ECC EGS HQ is a good location, however, it could lead to lag soup if 50 players turn up in ships at once for this rp lol, so I would suggest alternate zones where there is little already rendered.

Also consider making a chain to follow, perhaps 3 locations 1 after the other can be activated, making players go from place to place as a large fleet :smiley:
EDIT:
Hey the more I think about it, this reminds me of a driving game i used to play where the server group would gather sometimes and cruise around the track together in a tight line :smiley: perhaps we could have some mass cruise activities on HWS.

Imagine your on your base tending your garden, then suddenly the roar of who knows how many ships fills the sky as a cruise fleet passes over your head, some flying straight, some flying fun, some flying dangerous and low… that would be a sight to behold.

I dont know how you would reward players the rp for it though, perhaps a system auto places waypoints for them to follow and they get a rp for each waypoint passed so long as they typed the event start command or whatever when joining the cruise.

EDIT2: on the driving game we would all park up sometimes together in a line and take a group snapshot for our forums and other medias. We could totally do that on HWS. saving and displaying the memories.

It was stuff like this that promoted a shitload of player interaction within our driving game, the cruises were loved by nearly all.