Propeller PvP Era

it is legal, and there is no way to forbid it! If people want to use it, why not?

say, i would not, untill you get attacked etc… and even then, it gives you nothing to not doing it!

So u approve what ice posted above? Is this what we really want as community?
So bases are defensless against spinning ships and everyone is spinning around?
I am not asking for myself i can play other games, but for the rest of the people with some common sense. C mon guys is this really worth it?

i dont see a problem with those who try and “spin to win” as so elgantly put by @Remove. like in tank drops and many other methods, it’s a tactic that can be countered if u learn to combat it. but then again this is the “age of reporting” when someone out maneuvers another so i guess that is now considered a “tactic” as well :frowning:

So that goes also with BAs. U will simply outmaneuver bases?

This is retarded. The point of a crosshair is to shoot what your crosshair is on when you hit the boom button. If the projectiles are moving so slow they can’t hit you because you’re spinning it defeats the point of both a crosshair and homing weapons.

1 Like

not sure what ur getting at here. last i checked, bases can’t spin.

so dodging is no longer an option?

Check 1st post, u know what i mean.

actually i don’t anymore. ur 1st post in this topic had very little to do with this discussion. since then it’s just been complaints. not sure what the goal is :frowning:

No, bases can’t spin. Ships can. If you watch the video very carefully you’ll see the sv is spinning. The base is staying still the base is not spinning. Are you still following? The base. Stopped, mounted to the ground. The sv is spinning. Ok. Now the base is defenseless against 1 sv spinning. The base will be destroyed by 1 sv spinning. Rex made 800 changes this season to try to stop bases from being killed by one person. The projectiles moving so slowly they can’t hit 1 person defeats the whole point. See the sv. It just spins in place. See the shield on it? Why are you even in this conversation, you don’t even pvp. Pve doesn’t spin so you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Flak/cannons can reliably hit spinny parts, if ship doesn’t have shield. Shield can be popped easily by defenders. If base has no defenders it’s a dead base, no matter the config. BA Flak/Cannons having minor shield damage should solve the problem entirely.

There are lots different methods of taking out undefended base. They are fundamentally embedded in game logic and will never be fixed.

1 Like

that was just a poor attempt at humor from another comment.

the video itself is in creative with no defending players. situations are very different when there are many players around. the reason homing speed was nerfed was due to the engine unable to track the speeds. i do agree that this needs to be adjusted but the spin tactic is nothing more than a way to dodge. with enough time, it can be overcome just like any tactic.

just bvecause u have not seen me in PvP does not mean I have no valid suggestions. currently my time is more useful helping others to learn the game. i have no need to chest thump from behind the safety of the internet. i have had many battles and will be having many more when it suits me. at it’s current state, PvP offers nothing for me to “enjoy” so I choose to make use of my skills where they are needed most. saying i have no valid information because I do not chase defenseless miners is just silly. game mechanics are the same on all playfields. the opponents are the difference. NPCs are dumb but relentless and do not “run from battles” where as players can think for themselves and adjust. believe it or not i do know what i am talking about…in most cases :wink:

2 Likes

i think @RexXxuS can close this one! @IceDrugg only tried to show a big bug in the game!
But, sadly, it is just as legal as the ghost, clip and tap one! All is legal, because there is no way HWS can prevent this from happening!
Then they need 200 admins on every pvp field! It is not cheating using exploits given by the game it self! Fair?? not at all, but legal? yes!

1 Like

Are u really sure hws cant prevent this? Did u even load the config and try it with different shell speeds and spread values? I would say fine…u tried. I can accept that.
But the answer above is not good enough. It is the easiest an laziest answer ever.
I am sorry but this weapon config is fckd up and everyone knows that and its total absurd that we get that for an answer. I will not reply any more, i said all i had to say.

negativity and insults don’t help provide useful input to conversations in most cases. keep in mind dQ’s primary language is not english. same for most of the HWS team. he is saying it is impossible to police the spin tactic itself. yes adjustments can be made to the configs to make it less of a cheesy move. this game is still considered “alpha” in many aspects and far from a “perfect” game. this is why the configs are adjusted constantly. discussion is key in finding the right balance. though with constant curve balls from the developers, this is a never ending battle. plz keep it civil.

1 Like

Reckon my participation in this discussion will likely not be welcomed, but nonetheless…

Fire from the base is coming in from fairly concentrated point. Maybe 35 degrees, ish?

Distributed defense.

1 Like

hws 2020 everyone
gg

1 Like