PvP Feedback Alpha 10

Group fights are amazing dude, jump in and about 15-30 minutes after your a total wreck… its so fun.

1 Like

I had a close to 10 minute 2v1 and Noob Noob didn’t die. That’s too long IMO.

sounds like he’s the better pilot lmfao

Another note, SV Plasma guns aren’t really doing damage to shields if you can even land your shot. I’ve hit both HV and CV shields with plasma and the most damage it’s done has been 1% per volley.

1 Like

With all due respect Kittiez, if you are going to post don’t make comments on fights you weren’t there for. Your attitude and statement is provocative and not helpful in any way.

Bottom Line If you are going to make a comment in a Feedback thread, keep your comments/statements to helping Rex improve the meta. That means make comments based on facts/logic, and since you didn’t observe the fight you lack the insight to make that comment.

Regarding, SV Plasma shots, when they hit they do 1% and then a moment later they do another 5 - 8% damage.

That’s just long enough. Capital vessels aren’t supposed to go down like SVs, they are larger and heavier ships.

I, and many others, hold the opinion that CVs should be left alone.

1 Like

Stop trying to be the “good guy” when you’re trying to start fights in the forums.
CVs are in a great spot, best they’ve been for ages imo.
As far as SV plasma shots if that’s the intention then I’m not seeing it. I’ve founded CVs with plasma and have never seen this delayed damage.

On a 2v1 my hope would be that the CV would be dead by the end of the fight. Granted, it was a Class 5 CV, so I can’t entirely disagree with your opinion Zackey.

Class 1 CV fights go a lot faster, I have to do more of these and get more insight.

Did you try testing on a PvP playfield without any lag?

Class 5s are right where they should be. I have video footage of my class 5 being disintegrated in a 5v1 in under 7 minutes. This is a reasonable time frame and 2v1s take about 12 to 17 minutes to end if everyone in the fight is committed and all are using lasers (mounted as this is most effective vs shields).

Class 1s are also in a good position, once shields drop they are dead within 4-8 minutes and that’s JUST a 1v1. In larger fights they feel more fragile and behave as a class 1 should.

1 Like

Notes
Had a very long and fun fight on GG a few hours ago.

1. Lots of lag

2. SVs that died to far less gunfire on Eton were surviving instances that would have normally killed them.

We think this happened because we were constantly loading/unloading the enemy complex, and everytime we loaded it up there would be some time where we completely froze up.

1. Macro-fire: Once shields go down, macro-shots seem to be able to reliably shoot through multiple blocks and kill the enemy cockpit.

A. We need to either find a way to do away with macros

or

B. Teach everyone how to do macros as part of standard PvP practise, otherwise those who use macros will almost always trump those who don’t.

I’m assuming you’re referring to me killing you last night. If so then:

1. I wasn’t macro firing
  2. Making a macro isn’t difficult? Google it, problem solved
  3. Cycling through your weapons and firing at your enemy is fine, why should that be prevented?

If you get hit by a volley of missiles, railgun, plasma, and laser, then why shouldn’t they destroy more blocks than a single volley of lasers? I don’t understand your logic here. Even if people are using macros, you still have to aim. If you can’t land your shots normally then a macro isn’t going to help you at all. It’ll just waste your resources. If you’re noticed you’re getting hit by macro fire, then you aren’t flying your ship right. What you should be teaching your people is:

1. always keep moving
  2. never fly in a straight line

These are pvp basics of literally every shooting type game, if you don’t understand that then you’re just gonna keep getting killed, and I personally don’t wanna see multiple posts of somebody crying about something that is absolutely allowed and perfectly fine because they can’t fight worth anything.

Also, why on earth are you complaining about macro fires NOW?! That’s been a thing for so many seasons. I was using Macro fires during Alpha 3 when I first started playing. It’s not going anywhere. Adapt and overcome.

Edit:

1. Nothing about my post was inappropriate, I doubt rex would like you abusing that feature.

2. Even if I wasn’t there for said fight, you never specified which one and everything I said still stands.

3. Lag isn’t as bad as I’ve seen in the past, it’s likely more of an issue with your computer. I’m not saying there’s no lag, but this has been some of the smoothest gameplay I’ve experienced in quite awhile with empyrion.

3 Likes

Kittiez, you weren’t there for this fight.

And this feels like the core issue at hand.
This entire thread is basically you stating things that the rest of the community has learned to deal with and or overcome by training our members, being more aware of our surroundings, and by becoming better players in the pvp meta.

It honestly feels that you are simply not training your internal members to do the same, and are miss-representing the feedback of the majority of the community by bringing up issues that have been either resolved, discussed, or just facts of life.

These include:

1. CVs taking too long to fight. Sorry if 15-20 minutes is too much of a commitment, but most of us are used to 2-3 hour engagements. This is an improvement for us.

2. Lag being an issue when seizing bases. This has been an issue since the dawn of time, and will never ever be addressed fully. Live with it.

3. Tanky SVs. This comes down to personal opinion, design, player skill level, and lag. This is a fact of life that isn’t going anywhere. However, the recent patch has made it very possible to down a fighter, something never before seen.

4. Lagshots still being a thing. Again, we have solved the meta problem behind this with time. Most of the community has already resolved this by building better. We even produced a guide on the forums so that others can learn from our mistakes.

Again, for players who haven’t been gone for an extreme amount of time, this is a massive improvement and I think I can safely say a lot of us are completely fine with the meta at this time.

You cannot expect to come back from a 2-3 season break and become a dominant force in the community just because you “had” 3k hours or so in the game. A single day is like a month of delay in PvP meta. You’ve stood still and now you bring up issues we’ve already been over.

I hope you take my words in the best light, I genuinely want your feedback and think you have a lot to offer this community, but please represent the pvp community better if you want a positive response. We are such a small section already that you must be careful when speaking on our behalf.

5 Likes

The comment on about macros is for newbs, not for vet factions. This thread is about the server as a whole, not about TAW, Op4, ABN.

ABN’s bases weren’t not lagging or causing issues. Something about your bases in particular are causing issues. This is not a dig on you, it’s an observation, if we can identify what it is then we can improve server performance.

Cause here is the key. ABN’s bases did not lag like yours does. So what is it?

I didn’t make any comments about tanky SVs. I’m talking about lag, and how when we were making hits with homing rockets there was no damage done to the SV. Polarity’s microsv was taking base rocket turrets with 0 shields and not dying. Immediately after, I hit him with SV homing rockets - no damage.

So, this has nothing to do with SV design, this has to do with how fighting on the edge of render range causes lag.

Absolutely, lag shots are still a thing, but what we need to be doing is observing when they are happening, who they are happening too and what was occurring when that happened.

From the perspective of people observing deaths, it macro shots causing the clip/lag shots.

I hope you understand, that I’m not critizing, I’m observing the situation, taking the feedback from 5 other members. I then compare the variables between fights, and speak with other people to try and figure out what might be causing issues.

This thread is not about anyone being a dominate force or anything like that, this is about providing PvP Feedback So, let’s stick to discussing the facts, and not worry about who is trying to be dominate or who has played for how long.

Thanks Zack, I look forward to you providing insight about the PvP fights.

Good Morning,

straight: I am NOT amused how some of you ABUSE the flag feature!
Do you know how much silly useless time you wasted of my life right there?

Because of you flagging is now only reserved for regular member and if even this does not stop you, I will shut that feature off completely.
@SimplePiMan
@Kittiez
@Ranzeth

I don’t know why the first instance got approved by a moderator which caused this shitstorm but you really take your “revenge” like this?
Not cool.

2 Likes

I received this (post) in my Inbox and it appeared to require a response or action.

I SHOULD… have screenshotted it and asked about its nature before reading the post several times and then reacting.

It was NOT my intent to take sides in this dispute or argument and those of you who have been around a while know … I’m on the players’ side: Regardless of faction, origin, etc.

My apologies if my clicking ‘Approve’ threw gas on the fire.

What I was clicking approval of: Is the use of macros - which could not possibly be policed/prevented - indicating that I don’t believe they are a violation of the Guide. Using a BOT(macros) to mine, etc… would be a violation, I’m sure.

Anyway, I hope everyone will give others a mile of slack (myself included) and lower the tension levels.

PLAY NICE !! :slight_smile:

3 Likes