PvP Q&A

This is great work, big kudos to you for the video. Quick Q: Could you test if more than 21 manual weapons work at the same time? I always thought it’d be having more than 21 manual weapons was the bottleneck but I could be wrong as I haven’t played for Eons.

Best regards,
Wise. :slight_smile:

I’ve been testing that a lot lately, the limit is supposed to be 21 but from what I have seen it is actually 23 fixed weapons for CVs including drills. I was just testing a new Class 1 CV tonight with 12 pulse lasers, 8 rocket launchers, and 5 drills, and all of the PLs will fire but only 6 of the rockets. The ones that don’t fire do not appear in the toolbar, i.e., I show 6 rocket launchers plus all the rest.

I haven’t been able to determine what determines which weapons won’t fire or if it is just random. I had a different CV with the same loadout and it would fire 11 pulse, 7 rockets, and all 5 drills. What I have not seen so far is any drills ever being the weapons the system won’t allow to fire.

I have not tested SVs as much but I have one now with 25 weapons that will all fire.

I have not tested to see how many weapons of one individual type will fire, i.e. on garage ships where you can have weapons way over the limit. IIRC you can’t test this in Creative mode as any weapons you mount will fire (even though they won’t all fire in Multiplayer).

Two questions for those with more PVP experience: One, will the system bring non-firing weapons online as other fixed weapons are destroyed? And two, is there any way without getting out of the cockpit to refresh the number of weapons you see in the toolbar to show how many are actually left after some have been destroyed?

1 Like