Pvp ships

I can go either way on the topic. I’m not the only one in this discussion.

He has also said He has the right to change and/or modify the rules as HE sees fit. So we can quote him all we want and make all the poles we want but in the end its his word not yours or mine in the end,

Right, it’s his server.

My point is that he didn’t go out and say that this discussion is over. He didn’t say he wont make it a rule. So, why say he answered when he didn’t? He is looking for feedback from the community.

So again, why try to end that discussion prematurely?

Its really quite too late for those who are offended to save what they wanted to - the stuff is out there and available, best to start looking at ways you can profit from the system as it is.

Also this is straight gold for anyone who cant build ships but wants to PVP, they can pay the coin and get into competitive PVP without having to do it all themselves from a starter block in 2019.

This helps ease the gap between new players who just got into the game in the last 6 months versus all of us old vets who built the ships in question – its really not even a fair fight if we’re using these ships against the junk you build in your first year of empyrion.

I mean, its fair in the sense that it is legit, but not balanced.
Buying PVP rated ships that came from successful PVP factions fixes this for those players.

Also I’m profiting measly gold from my sales -
The ships being sold arent -that- great, all the previous owners died horrible deaths.
This shouldnt be a game breaking issue for anyone

Your right State, he only said it was legal to sell captured BP’s twice in this thread but hey who are we to not listen to what he said. Maybe if enough young people cry for their safe place motto there will be a change but that will take away from the roll play portion of the sever. But again who are we to not listen to what he said.

You’re starting to sound like ABN with that.

But yes, it is currently legal as there is no rule against it. And obviously there is a lot of support from the side that would like one in place.

Conveniently you keep forgetting this post, the reason for this discussion.

Again, I am neutral on the subject. I’m asking that people don’t try to end the discussion when they disagree with it

1 Like

Your perception that we are sick of the discussion only stems from repeated polls being taken on the matter when the first poll did not turn out the way the poster was hoping.

With that in hand with the server admins posted stance, it is tiring feeling like we have to take time out of the game to voice our opinions on the forums - we’d prefer to be playing but since there is a very active niche community of people who very actively lobby on the forums for the game to change to suit them - something we ignored for a time but we have seen bad changes occur due to our silence. We finally poke our head out and voice our side, make some headway, but have received an incredible amount of backlash. – which would be telling that our stance needed adjustment -if- the backlash was widespread and from a majority of the community - but instead it always seems to come from the same dozen or so, over and over.

But if you read the posts from this season and last regarding changes, take note of how many of the same folks post often, loud, and with hostility.

Yeah, I’d like those folks to kindly shut up and enjoy the game.
Or some other game entirely.

But yeah, discussion should continue, you can really figure out what people are about if you let them yammer on long enough. :grin:

On EU our enemies the GMC sold a lot of their old pvp blueprints and new players tried to find the luck on pvp planets.
That injected a lot of people on pvp… but hey was their blueprints. Maybe we the community we can do a contest to create the pvp entry ship that can be sold on HWS garage at 150k :slight_smile:
and gain some reputation :grin:

1 Like
  • Combat Captured Blueprints are illegal to sell.
  • Combat Captured Blueprints are legal to sell.

0 voters

Here you go, a poll that should set the basis for the rest of the discussion.

It has no uncertain words.

My Opinion:
I believe the fruits of players labor should only go to the victor of that fight, not spread like wildfire throughout the server. It prevents people from freely using new technology and designs, it stifles innovation by fear of losing it to a lagshot or glitch, and it does nothing for pvp except create drama, hurt people’s feelings, and in general make HWS more toxic.

This discussion is highlighting that fact very well, that with such a feature in place, no civil conduct can or will happen upon the death of a hated rival.

3 Likes

It’s funny the guy making most of the drama in-game by intentionally selling ships from enemies you where once allies with is lobbying for this feature to remain, and actively putting down/placating how much people hate this feature.

If anything you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by suppressing community discussion on this topic. Everyone who is against this change is from ABN, a faction literally named “A**holes by nature”

I truly question if you actually have the best of intentions for HWS, and actually want civil drama free PVP like we had back in the days when factions like ABN didn’t exist.

We’ve seen from previous polls, and how many people we have here, is against this drama creation club.
Let’s end this now, vote for your preferred opinion above.

Carry on dude, im not stifling anything

I am however going to say that none of this ship sale business was meant to be toxic, harmful, etc.
I’m just trying to RP playing as a Lawless Pirate in a pirate faction.
The real world offers this feature of capturing enemy tech and I really like that feature in the game.
Thats all, sorry you think its for other motives.

So, with that, im going back to enjoying HWS, I wish you luck in doing the same.

A fair reply,
Perhaps your intention may not have been to create drama, but the feature itself has done nothing other than this. It can and will be abused by people to “farm salt” and create more toxic chat in general.

The real world is with issues, we don’t want to emulate them here in-game.
Anyhows,
VOTE VOTE VOTE!

So now there are 3 polls in the same thread about the same thing?

The first two had bad wording.

1 Like

Hmm this opens up an interesting topic for future lawless features such as being able to sell ships they have pirated, but wouldn’t pirates keep their loot for themselves and use it against their owners and not sell them?

Either way some food for thought.

Considering the countless number of stability issues that still exist in this game allowing bp’s to be sold that’s been ‘captured’ in combat is silly.

I’ve lost count the number of times that i have personally or witnessed other people get dc’d mid combat loosing intact ships.

1 Like

@Chief-Recktless never ping me 10 times a day again and create that mass duplicated post please!

2 Likes