PVP Suggestion

@RexXxuS @Jascha

One of the many things I hear during a PvP fight is “I am out of ammo.” Could we enable the production of SV Laser charges in mobile constructors? This way we can just pull ammo out of our constructors during the fight?

Or ppl could use other ammo types rather than the silly, cheaty shoot thru anything laser charges :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen them so popular :slight_smile:

That’s by design. You are supposed to use pulse to peel away blocks, then rockets and rail to shoot devices. The problem is you can’t peel devices away without pulse.

They dont peel away blocks - they completely ignore the blocks… hence why we’ve all had to put shutter windows in our builds.

Between that BS and all the macro using nowadays i’m no longer drawn to SV battles in the way I was in v5 and early season6 - damn i’m old lol.

In high lag situations they can and do ignore blocks. By design though they peel away blocks, so they don’t always ignore blocks.

Either way, I believe adding the ability to craft replacement ammo inside of SVs will assist a lot with having battles come to a conclusion.

It’s indeed by design @Daddystu

Laser and Rail gun are meant to penetrate blocks. Hence I invented a “shield” system with shutter windows - more or less.
So far a lot like the EWS changes. But balancing it will always be my job. Feedback in a proper place is always welcome.

@Ranzeth either we boost the mobile constructor or I thought about increasing the item stack from 500 to 999. Maybe some can think about all consequences both options bring and we do a poll.

Well, when you lose an ammo box to a lag shot, you need to replace it’s contents. That’s why I think a mobile constructor making pulse would be good.

“By design” whom? Someone really decided that laser need ignore hull-blocks?
Who? Eleon developers?
Or is it a bug due to lags?

2 Likes

This has been a topic of conversation for us and fights just last too damn long especially SV fights when you can be fighting with meta pvp ships for 20-30 minutes before you achieve a kill/do enough damage to force a retreat.

Just throwing it out there - would an increase in damage of pulse lasers be supported by the pvp player base? Either that or a further reduction in blocks/class size allowed on HW/GG which would have the added benefit of decreased server load?

Pvp just doesn’t feel lethal enough and with the added problem of lag increasing the amount of time to land enough successive shots to get to internals it really feels like a bit of a slog.

I see pvp as a situation where if you’re engaged then you really have to make that decision whether you’re going to stay around and commit your ship to the battle or flee. Currently it is extremely easy to stay engaged and fight for a significant amount of time and still be relatively safe in the knowledge that you will escape safely. By that point it should be that you have no hope of escaping and should have ran at the first chance you had or certainly a lot sooner.

You do a lot of amazing stuff with HWS Rex but I dont think you can quite claim to have invented the shutter window shield idea. Many of us had been using that for a number of seasons most often in our CVs for the no-bleedthrough/splash quality. Especially around warp and core sometimes cockpit.

Pulse lasers aside your EWS and config changes have been spot on - thanks. That is one area I would suggest revisiting / tightening up though :slight_smile:

Unless macro-firing, pretty much everyone is firing pulse lasers - making SV fights 1 dimensional and boring imo.

He did however invent the idea of modifying the config files to make them useful. Where as before Pikes did the job of shutters, now shutters rain supreme.

2 Likes

I’m not sure anything other than lowering Block limits on SVs will change anything. Part of the reason why we don’t die is due to lag, we are firing where someone used to be so we aren’t really hitting them. (I think). Try firing 3 or 4 rounds of homing rockets on a non-laggy playfields and you’ll destroy half of it.

So decreasing block counts might be the only way to do it, though that would also lead to some problems with bases.

I believe it’s as low as is reasonably possible. 3k is tiny!

Well, you are right to used them before and I think zappe reported once that “somehow” shutter windows are a good protection.
However I’m sure you didn’t know the reason and that is why I said “invented”. Invented is maybe the wrong word but I found out why and made it public.
The reason: Eleon (intentionally or not) used a different material for shutter window, totally out of line with other blocks in that category.
I made use of that to come up with a rock-scissor-paper system.

Anyways, sure, I rely on player feedback as well to make balance changes. And some guys know already that I am a changelog lover…

2 Likes

in 99% when a person says that he has run out of supplies - this means only one thing - he loses the fight. The number of containers for an ammunition is unlimited …

Lagshots is a bug that needs to be fixed, not improved.

Actually most of the pvp sv are lagshot proof so the fight last very long time. I suggest to increase damage of pulse laser by a LOT. I want them like a knife with the butter (wasnt this the objective of the config? fasten up fights)
Laser need to be the weapon for sv vs sv because it requires aim to land hits.
Plasma vs HV/cv
Rockets vs base parts/cv
Railgun to snipe turrets.
Is perfect.

Also Cv damage need to be revisited. Seems that is still too low. Is it possible to increase the speed of missiles/projectiles so they wont miss the target that run backwards?

1 Like

Nothing against you, but complaining about macrofire is a cheap excuse and is overused. If you aren’t sitting still, macrofire doesnt do anything. I’ve personally tested it and you get more damage out of cycling weapons slowly and firing.

I think lasers are in a good place. Rail guns need to be looked at though, at the edge of their range bases aren’t targeting ships. I think their penetration effect should surpass LS, though, since they’re harder to hit with.

Agreed. 3k is enough for ships to have character. Anything lower and everyone will be flying ugly(ier) bricks.

Agreed. I think CV combat needs a complete Eleon-level overhaul to be honest.

1 Like