Question about Fragments

This needs to be locked down or we’ll all be trillionares and the hyper inflation problem you’ve only just got under control will return.

Don’t think your charts quite right as you stop getting interest after 1 billion

Ah right. But you can still earn a billion in less than a month quite easily.

Quite a lot of rumors, feedback and thoughts are going in the Fragments and their benefits.
I still have to put a Guide for them too…

Let me clear up some things:

I made a Trello ticket for the new feature and was not very clear about it I think.
So Jascha and I had two different versions of the Interest in mind. Right now it is still not the final version I had in mind cause percentage stuff can always be interpret differently.

Is it % of the total Interest sum. Is it within the EB Bank level limits, exceeding them, is the % then applied on the limited amount or the exceeding stuff and more.

After discussing, in the upcoming Interest cycle it will be:
You have your EB Bank Interest levels and thus progression for Interest and Max. Interest Amount.
Example:
You have Bank Level 5 = Daily 6% Interest with Max. 1m interest.
Without any fragment it means you need about 17,5m credits to get this 1m.
With let’s say 2 Fragments your 8% Interest means you need less credits to reach this 1m (about 13m). But the limit is enforced.

Overall, the 1000 RP is also quite insane and I see already MANY lost total relation and meaning of our HWS Reputation Points. What incredible important currency it really is.
I decided for 1k RP though, because this Patch is just a disappointment and my temporary gift for everyone enduring it.

For HWS 13, the next season, I made already fundamental changes, along many other, to balance it properly.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback. I am for sure too generous over the years and it’s not good.

3 Likes

Probably a good call, 1% without limit (except the 1b max bank) would have been insane.
20m a day with just 1 fragment per server, 140m with all 7 :stuck_out_tongue: And several people actually have that 2b in gold to exploit it to fullest.

Nobody can really cry about that change being unfair, it would have broken economy worse than carbon some seasons ago.

2 Likes

So with that change there is very little reason to play right now. Trading is nerfed (matrices remove due to OP), PVP is dead with the rubber banding/lag/massive delays, and exploring (searching for shards) is a waste for any players that are already gettin max interest for their EB level.
I guess HWS12 is the season of farming??

1 Like

Ok, so what about certain players who took full advantage of your oversight and didn’t report it to you? How many days of insane interest have they earned without consequence? To me they are guilty of exploiting and should have that interest removed from their accounts. Had they reported this to you as soon as they noticed you could have had this fixed days ago. I suppose no good deed goes unpunished. Those who do the right thing and report this problem to you miss out on the gains and those who refused to report once again get full advantage with no consequence.

1 Like

@RexXxuS What if there was a one time credit payout for finding the shard rather then a daily interest. Gives incentive to find the shard without being OP

Too quick on the trigger again.
It was not even 2 days if you would have followed our progress of Fragments.
It’s all good now and if you guys consider 1000 RP for nothing and all other incentives you get, then no one can fix your greed and I can’t help you either.

All I can say is that Alpha 12 = HWS 12 is a difficult season, we all have suffered enough.
Blaming me with those passive aggressive posts doesn’t help at all but do what you think you can do best.

Yes @Upgrayedd, not speaking of the 1K RP you all ignore, the next version of Fragments will have some more, different mechanics in store.

Well 7000 RP isn’t nothing I acknowledge that. It is an incentive. But spending 3 months finding all the fragments and spending hours upon hours of dealing with 10 or more player bases with 400+ turrets shooting in order to active the shard is not worth the equivalent of 7 euro’s. Call me greedy if you disagree. But it is just not worth the hassle.

1 Like

Too quick on the trigger? Even if it was 2 days that is 1 day too long. We pointed it out the first day we noticed it. I find it hard to believe considering when the first fragment was found that nobody had access to this high interest for more than two days. Perhaps you need to be faster on the trigger of combating toxic players.

Soooo, now can we have those NPC traders back for the optronics??? seems everything about this season is broken/ not working how its supposed to. thanks.

Sorry pjams, but you are being too greedy per rexxxus. The only acceptable way to fast cash on this server is to find exploits and then take the slap on the wrist

Trying to get Pjams acc to higher ocd levels, PvP is bad… even trying to pve is bad, input lags, desync screens, nothings gotten better with these ‘updates’ from Eleon, #bringbackthe$

Can we not think about the Pjams? The Pjam population is a vital part of this servers environment. We need to safeguard them. Right now their numbers are dwindling because of our encroaching upon their limited sources of sustenance. They try to thrive in PVP and that is broken. So they turn to PVE trading and that is removed from the game. If we are not care they will soon be extinct and the server will be all the worse for it.

1 Like

@RexXxuS

2 days only huh?

Check this

So this is proof that a player had the shard 7 days ago and that the interest was “fixed” to 1% at that time. So that is 7 days that this insane interest has been rolling for those players not 2.

Guess it was YOU that was too quick on the trigger. Too quick on the trigger to paint TAW as the devil incarnate for the slightest infraction and too quick on the trigger to cow tow to toxic players. Too quick on the trigger to offer lame duck responses like “Oh they promise to change and not do it again” for players that have been habitual offenders and never offering any real consequences.

We the players of your server are sick and tired of the toxic environment that you allow to happen on NA. If you treated NA with a tenth of the care you gave to EU none of these problems would exist.

1 Like

See, I believe it is just translation errors and miscommunication. We were all thinking about how this worked differently. I was under the assumption that it was supposed to give some sort of bonus to interest to make the fragments actually worth grabbing. Before you start trying to paint RexXxuS in a bad light, everyone was on a different page in this book.

I got three days of the better interest. I will post the screenshots if neccessary.

One of the most toxic people are in your faction.

What is the problem here? Interest was changed for a total of 2 days.

Edit, it was 3 days… just checked my dashboard.

having problems with reading @SimplePiMan? The interest was +1 credit for 2 days, not +1%…then it was normal several days and then it was increased for 3 days…
And from what i can see here, if the NA server gets the exact same treatment like EU, it will be half empty, you just wont be there to see it :smiley:

Wow, weird amount of toxicity in this thread.

For me, the star fragments in pvp seem to be leading to action in pvp which is good. They also replace the old exploration benefits (base on Protoz etc.) which no longer function. The PVe based stars are nice to get new players RP to start upgrading things etc. but perhaps the rest should be pvp to encourage conflict, particularly this season?

14k RP for all 14 stars seems a bit excessive though and the interest benefit was probably too OP before and relatively worthless now. Perhaps the stars for the rest of the season could offer different benefits with each star giving something different? NPC cores, the new SV/CV weapons, a token to buy a Garage ship, a set of the new armors? A set of working alienplasmacannon2 only placeable on bases?

The bridge/matrix trade was fun while it lasted, although I’m sure I was fairly late to the party it at least required players to be active in their making of money (compared to EB interest for example).

2 Likes