Quo Vadis OCD?

Hello community!

I made myself some thoughts about OCD 7 and the way to reach it.

As far as I know the price of 700 million credits for OCD 7 exists since times were interest had no limit. Nowadays it is kinda unreachable. With a daily interest limit of 2,5 million credits on a bank level 5 in combination with a 100 million credit save on season restart you won’t get far.

So, taking months of permanent danger farming your ass of on GG for gold? The easier days are gone since “christmas” season, were I came back to HWS after a long break.

So what to do? And even more the question: Is OCD 7 really worth the ten time step of 700 million compared to the 70 million for OCD 6 or is it time for a change? Maybe it would make sense to implement more OCD levels with more room to store gold or a possibility to store credits (not only credit card stacks, hich are a waste of space). The more gold you store saving it up for OCD 7, the less space you have. A stack of 60.000 gold ingots gives you 15 million credits. This would take a long time to fill about 40 of your 130 slots of your OCD 6 with gold bars in combination with the credits you have.

A more simple way would be to make it cheaper. Even half the price would still make it not easy to get it for a “usual” player but would work out to get it with a 100 million account, bank level 5 and some stored and fresh gold within 2 seasons.

Even my efforts with 100 million credit bank account and transfered bank lvl 5 both on EU and NA (happy donating last season) plus 100 million credits in gold ingots in my OCD wont make me reach it within this season. It might only be possible with a 3rd bank level 5 untill the end of the 90 day season.

Taking care of this daily interest on 2 accounts including CSW warps takes a lot of time. (now even more since chatbox doesnt work anymore when loggin in on the “wrong” server were your char is not saved for simply typing eb:interest)

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

The point of OCD7 is to be “lifetime” goal meaning it can’t be something you achieve in 2 seasons.

However, your point about gold ingots & money storing problems is very valid & I’ve struggled with the same thought alot lately.

Implementing one more level which would cost something between 70 & 700 million, that would be reachable within 1 season of interests would be useful. Has to contribute towards final upgrade though. For example reduce price of current OCD 7 to 500m & Add another level (that has to bought like any other level for 200m)
This way total price of current OCD 7 would be still 700m.

The point of this level would simply to give those extra 40 slots meant to store gold for final upgrade. It doesn’t need to add any space to existing slots & It could even be limited to gold ingots only if possible, making it obsolete to just attempt OCD 6.5 instead of 7 in the long run.

Or implement some kind of “permanent” credit slots that can be purchaseable for value + xx% (+ RP?)
For example player would spend 1.1m credits & 1 RP to purchase a perk that can be exchanged to 1m any time (survives through wipes like OCD) & doesn’t take spot in OCD.

What’s the ratio of players with OCD7 ? like what 1, 2% ? pointless having a lifetime goal if more or less everyone thinks it is unobtainable, so never bothers. I’ve been playing here a few months and unless i play GG and get a full inventory every night for 3 months, it will never happen with all the running costs. Make it seem a plausible thing to do and i reckon you would see an increase in gg activity…i’d be there more often.

An OCD 6.5 at say 300m would work better.

It’s obtainable, I know because I have it. And it was in no way something that was done in one season, it took multiple seasons to get where I am at. The ridiculous amount of grinding it takes to pay for OCD7 is something that CANNOT be paid for in interest alone in one season. It is something you have to work for and it may take multiple seasons to do so.

Most people are comfortable with OCD6, as it does all the functions of OCD7 at a tenth of the price with the only difference is less slots, 10k less per slot and limited PvP access.

Should the OCD be expanded? I’m game for it. Should the costs go down? Hell no! I earned where I am at now, it shouldn’t be a cakewalk for anyone else. I.E. the Oregon trail wasn’t paved for those to follow by the first settlers.

And the slots of gold takes 46.66 slots of gold bars to buy OCD7.

2 Likes

We need a 8, 9 & 10 then, for those with it already. Still think the gap between 6 & 7 is to large, it needs to be a progression with achievable goals, not a massive hike. 300m…then 500m… 1 billion for OCD 10…that has say 20 built in furnaces :stuck_out_tongue:

After a long slog I expect the obtain OCD7 by the end of this season. It has been a very long and hard journey.

Like others who have scaled this mountain, I would not want to see this devalued. I also would not want the goal posts moved by adding OCD 8 etc, one of the whole reasons for OCD 7 is that you reach an end.

I could see additional levels added below OCD 7 to break up the journey into sprints, without reducing the overall cost.

1 Like

Actually, there was only one season where interest alone could net you ocd 7. Interest rates were patched after that, and fixed at 1% before that.
There has been alot of talk about some additional utility out of OCD levels other than the ridiculous max level cost. See here

Its been an idea thats been passed around, but it is a back burner item for the moment out of necessity, due to the backlog of items already on rex and jascha’s plate.

OCD7 is more of an end-game feature. It’s not something you can donate for (and people tried), it’s not attainable by interest alone, it comes from countless hours of mining, trading, raiding, fighting to defend those 3 qualities, POIs, etc… making it more “affordable” is like asking to get a Tesla for the price of a used 70’s Datsun.