Railgun Projectiles Shooting Farther Than Base Turrets

@RexXxuS @Jascha

I confirmed the exploit. If you zoom in your perspective as far as you can go, it gives you additional distance on the railgun. Allowing you to shoot farther then you are supposed to be able too.

I just confirmed. When you zoom in your point of perspective when in a SV, it makes you appear closer to the target, and rather than your weapons firing from “core” distance, it fires from your perspective. @JoJoWilko is this the same thing you reported to Rex then?

1 Like

That may explain the CV RL issue too considering the length of many CVs.

1 Like

Jojo and AAA can confirm. Not only do they use it openly, they also reported it to Rex already. That is according to what they told me on Global chat.

If this is tru then that is very interesting i think ranz mite b onto something

Hmm - Hovering over the ammo types in question gives range as 600m for railguns and 1500m for CV 150mm rocket ammo.

In open space. Projectiles display highest range, actual range varies.

Why is AAA using the exploit after reporting it? Feel it should be punishable. Great they reported it but they shouldn’t continue to use it.

Obviously… but as CV rockets can only be fired in space the stated range is the actual range. Hence they are firing 1500m instead of the 1100 stated by the fixed gun device itself.

Edit - not just fixed CV guns but also their auto equivalents.

@Ranzeth, JoJoWilko wasn’t aware of any of the zooming issues - you’ve looked in to it more than she has. She asked me about this and I assumed that this was a view point issue and trying to explain that in global chat with you is, well, problematic (you’re not coming across as the best listener). Rex is well aware of the ranges on all the weapons - he set the ranges.

The irony of you complaining about ‘how it’s supposed to work’ then promptly using the same tactic against us was funny. I was watching the fight last night and she was like a proud Mother watching you use something you’d learned. “Maybe there is hope for Ranzeth yet” were her words to me.

Either way, she thoroughly enjoyed the fight AND her shouts of joy when she was involved in downing your ship were worrying - I can’t get her to squeal like that ever… :stuck_out_tongue:

But complaining about how things should work in Empyrion, then turning up with an oversized SV and a garage CV when you already had the numerical advantage was kinda sad, but regardless, it was a great fight and I hope we have more of them - just with less of this whining about what you see as issues. Empyrion is alpha, we have to work around the ‘kinks’. And not everyone who adapts to the current meta is exploiting, some of us just learn from others - please understand the difference - running at a turret, firing the rail til it hits and backing up is hardly rocket science (oh wait, I guess it is :stuck_out_tongue: ) and labelling it exploiting is making you look terribly whiny.

With that and all the comments on ping meaning we get more lag shots, it’s getting to the point I just have to mute you the moment I come over to NA. Once dialogues stops, everything just gets worse.

Hello all,

I’m back from vacation and checked in a first fast check the claims (I also got some in Discord).

I could neither proof that Rail Guns have a higher range on Golden Globe for example, nor could I trick anything with the Camera.
So for me everything is working as intended.

For further detailed investigation I would need:

• Tower with turrets and a Control Panel check of turret target + ammo
  • Distance marker check
  • Atmosphere number check
  • Test shots against the turret with Rail Guns

In the initial video at the top I could not see if the rocket turret has ammo nor if the target setting is actually set to SVs.
Last but not least Rocket turrets can’t shoot 90° in the sky.
Too many conditions not fulfilled here.

And don’t forget the buggy turrets in this game. Especially you Ran, who can fly near Base turrets without getting shot by them, you remember? :wink:
The target detection on a busy playfield is beyond Pokemon Relaxo Mode.

But if I did a mistake in a Config with a good showcase from above, please let me know.

1 Like

Hi Rex - Yes i think there may be a mistake with the config re CV rockets turrets and manual fire.

They are firing at 1.5km despite stated range of 1.1km manual and 1.2km turrets.

This may be due to the missiles stated max of 1500m when viewed in the constructor.

Nah man, she openly said she already reported it to Rex. She said “I already made Rex aware of the issue”, he made the config file the way it is.

I’m picking on Jojo, because she keeps telling half truths or flat out lies in global chat. Then when I call her out on it she denies it. It’s bad form.

What I saw wasn’t flying in really fast, and then flying away. The video I have shows AAA members hitting base turrets at over 400m away from a base. This is an issue as railguns as you know are not supposed to shoot that far.

When this only happens under specific conditions, it shows that there is indeed a bug. When you know how to make that bug happen over and over again, it becomes an exploit. I’m glad I got under your skin, because when I’m told that you’ve reported the exploit, when you clearly haven’t - that’s just wrong.

I gotcha Rex. @JoJoWilko can provide further evidence. She was the one that started using it and got us on to the whole exploit to begin with.

On GG SV rails guns can shoot 364(ish)?, so when they were sniping that base with rails, the flaks and arty guns should have been shooting - not just the rockets not shooting. There is a definite issue, as we were able to replicate the tactics later on against AAA.

@Elfias if you could ask your player to come forward and explain to Rex that would save us all the time and effort here.

@Calo @Tripwire Do any of you have examples of the range exploit from yesterdays fight?

First of all its importn to understand that not everything should be considered exploit. Its of course serious “bug” but not everyone has this Yepee I found exploit approach. What do I mean by this.

I discovered some things.

1. Distance to target is not ship to target distance, its camera to target distance. So if somebody is flying in 3rd person and sees that target is 380m while range of weapon is 350m and hes under fire he might think its some kind of exploit. Its not, its just usuall Eleon logic and coding.
  2. As far as I know range of weapon never interested anyone as it never worked, range of weapon is somehow random, thats usual Eleon logic and coding.
  3. Since begining of game when i see target I just backoff and keep firing, if I see explosion, im still in range, if I dont see explosion Im out of range. (if you remeber this was already fixed many times)

Thats probably it. Camera distance was reported by me some time ago and got fixed as all other bugs in game. Range of weapons was fixed many times so its fixed as usuall. Probably as landing gear.

I dont know what to say, it might happen that range will be always random, thats usuall Eleon logic and coding. I dont consider it exploit, Im not aware of any special tactics you need to do to fire at longer distance. RED might know more as they are strongly into investigating all this. (this is not sarcasm, they really are putting a lot of time into testing stuff)

From what I heard on Discord I know this. Rails has higher range than they should have. I think all weapons have (on CV I can take all weapons on Phonix POI out without it firing back) On Gold Cluster POI too, it just has higher range…its Empyrion, why it should have same range as shown on screen when it never worked like that.

Feels a bit like on NA you are not aware of some stuff which is in game forever, and probably on EU we also dont know some stuff you know. Now when i think about it, projectiles never had lifespan they should have, or traveled distance they should, thats one of reasons why game lags so much when firing goes on. (my opinion, but remeber those homers stuced in blocks, standing in place for minutes)

But certaingly its bugged. I just dont like this aqusation of exploiting, its used too commonly. For me its another Empyrion feature.

@RexXxuS to investigate this and get good example, take CV, go to probably Phonix POI and fiddle a bit with distance around 1,5km, you will see your homers will fire while POIs wont. I guess Im too used to this as for me its nothing to report. One day they will fix it, thats is.

P.S.: Never tried that as in combat its impossible to execute, but i think its possible (if they use distance camera to target) that if you will turn camera in front of your ship, that will make camera much closer to target so theoreticly you could be able to fire much further, who knows, im not going to spend my life on testing it, my opinion on ELeon is already well known.

Oh but im sure about one thing, ppl in AAA dont search for this in meaning of getting some advantage, they just know that it works as many others know that. You play game, you see how it works, thats it.
Just calm down, dont do drama, maybe if we will gather some evidence and Rexxx will be the one reporting it ELeon will take a look at it…

lol I remeber my reports in 1,54 turrets shooting through terrain, I even draw them i picture how it works, how they LOD is badly done and it wont work this way, many versions ago turrets under initial terrain were made not shooting…so I cant be surrprised and I dont report anything anymore.
Months later I was drawing pictures about drones shooting through blocks, its about version 3 time…here we are near 9 shooting through blocks with lasers.

I think your expectations are just too high guys. Adapt.

So, what you are saying is when they shot off the base turrets on GG, it was just simply that their projectiles were traveling that distance. So rather than being a camera exploit, it’s just that railgun range needs to be nerfed or base turrets range need to be buffed?

Thank you for taking the time to explain. It is frustrating to put time and effort into a base, and then watch as someone shoots off the turrets with no fear of being shot. It ruins the game as things are not working they way they should. Once a base becomes useless what is the point in spawning said base if everyone can simply just outrange turrets.

Ok thanks. Yes, please come to me with a good showcase.
@JoJoWilko never spoke to me in any way about it, so I don’t know what all of this is about.

But I will check also the turret auto mode and CV manual rockets, thanks.

Its just common searching for why we had a problem with our base being shoot at without firing back, no big deal. BUt that range,…that should be fixed.

@RexXxuS you know how they did it with ROF and other properties of weapons. Is it possible that you set range of weapons (like turret and mounted weapons) but ammunition “overwrites” that, as I know that ammunition plays big role in how final result is.

I mean if you change ROF on weapon, that doesnt matter but you have to set it on ammunition, or something like that, I haven seen config for long time, I just remeber there was something like this, as @Daddystu said.

I have to admit I havent read this topic, sorry, i just cant be bothered that much, feel bad now :frowning: but im taking it all as omg what now again…

AS USUALL KEEP IT IN CIVIL MANNER! Importand is to make some results and ask for fix guys, emotions aside.

I would sum up this topic like this:
Bases are complete trash. The only thing that makes them even slightly harder than very easy to take down is the horrible lag that comes with multiple and bases and hv’s placed in one location.
People use “features” like placing core far away from the base marker, looking trough the ground, exiting cockpit inside on the blocks and destroying devices, tanking bases with class 7 CV / HV/ SV on every planet, use garage ships with base turrets…
Fixing one small thing seems pointless to me unless there are some major changes.
Just look at the most PvP playfields they are empty because bases are just bad and there is not much there to do.

1 Like