Reached through closed door picking up a plant

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?

=>
Greetings,
I’ve asked if there were ways to self-help with this but it doesn’t seem to be any based on the responses I got and they directed me to submit a ticket.

I had my CV full of my materials to start building my first base after wipe.
My faction had purchased the All-Honored support item, so I wasn’t worried about any dangers to my ship. I was flying around to the various faction poi’s looking to see if any were good to setup up the base near.
While visiting a colonist POI, I walked up to a door and pressed F to open, nothing happened, pressed F again, in the blink of an eye, I’ve reached through the door and picked up a crop behind the closed door and been assassinated for my transgression, respawning nearby multiple times to try to run to my ship as I’m shot down immediately each time, my ship explodes, it was the free starter CV not a big loss, but when its full of all of your patron rewards from both EU and NA server and all the fixings to setup your base and contents from your OCD from last season, that part matters. I finally managed to get to the husk of my ship, my pentaxid tank had dropped a loot container of pentaxid, but my cargo boxes were outright disintegrated. I looted that but sitting under a base on a planet with no means of escape, I let the poi kill me again, and chose the starter respawn leave the pentaxid and husk behind.

Shipname/ID
Bad Horse 620284
Before this had happened I had recently done a CSW from EU to NA.
I believe I ocd:get a number of items before setting off to setup the base.
I did dump a lot of heavy unneeded contents after that CSW into ship:
Shipname/ID
Moist 203180
before setting off to establish a base.

Player(s) with issue?

=> Globeadue Entity Id: 106836

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)

=> NA RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)

=> 24-02-18 09:24 based on death log from connect dashboard.

On which Playfield?

=> Olusris Moon 1

Structure ID(s)?

=>
CV Name/ID
Bad Horse 620284

How can we help you now?

=>

I don’t know what options are even available in this situation.
Is there a snapshot of the ship from the CSW that can be referenced?
Are there more recent snapshots that can be referenced post CSW?
With the loss of materials from both NA and EU patron rewards and supporter packs, I hazard a guess those can be reset potentially?

If this situation was a mistake on my part, I’d take the hard knock and move on, but since it was glitch/lag/bug that had me pick up a plant instead of open a door, I wanted to see what can be done to recover my ships contents. What’s worse is it affected my whole faction of 20+ players, atleast that I was able to self-help with some $ and bought another Honored Faction rep package. I’m totally ready for bad news nothing can be done to actually restore the contents and if so, hopefully the Patron/Support packages can be reset, faction gun quest etc. At this point, I’ve picked up a new starter cv so I don’t need assistance with the ship itself.

Thanks for any assistance that can be done on this.

Dashboard Logs

=>

24-02-18 09:38 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:29 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:27 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:26 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:26 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:25 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying
24-02-18 09:24 Lose HWS DNA at death lost 1 HWS DNA for dying

Afterthoughts

=>
Feedback: Can a HWS feature be made to stop minor transgressions from causing the entire faction to go kill crazy? Picking a plant does not warrant death and destruction, heck they destroyed millions of resources over a piece of grain. Perhaps catch the transgression and make it reduce faction by a reasonable amount? In the case of picking plants, make it minor faction loss and a tax/fee/debt owed by the player, not their faction?

Hi, it’s better if you keep the " How can we help you now? " topic a bit shorter and more specific. I’m not certain about what you’re asking for in this ticket?

Sadly not; that would unfortunately be a game-feature, which is up to Eleon. I believe these features are hard-coded into the game.

I don’t know what can be done to recover the contents of my ship after the bug/glitch/lag had me pick up a crop through closed door. I was told to just create a ticket, I was not told what I needed to ask for specifically to resolve this. I will try to make it short and sweet as possible, guessing at what can be done:

Ideally:

• The ship and contents are restored from a snapshot/backup/log. As I had just recently used CSW, I assume it has a backup of my ships and its contents.

Less desirable:

• Reset Patron Reward claims (patron core, alien core, resources etc.) on both EU and NA server so I can redo dialogues to claim them.
  • Reset Support package (do:re) on NA and EU server so I can reissue the commands to reclaim the materials.
  • Restore 2 explorer origin guns(1ea from NA and EU).
  • Restore 300 origin gun ammo
  • I abandon the rest of the ships contents as I don’t have any reference for them.

While I’d prefer the “ideal” request, the alternate request at least restores the content received through support/donation.

Finally, while this support ticket is being resolved, I am missing my daily reward checkpoint for my DNA Gun/Ammo, rewards for the missed days are requested:

• Daily Explorer HWS DNA for Origin Gun ammo 8182: 300 DNA requested for 2/19
  • Please adjust for each day that is missed while this is ticket is resolving

It’s not about what can be done, but what you want to happen. For example, as you now said in short, you want the contents of the ship.

I will look when I get home today.

Unfortunately I have bad news. I checked, and we don’t really have any backups to restore, since you spawned the vessel and then lost it shortly afterwards.

Our earliest backup is destroyed. That also means I can’t restore the contents.

I also don’t think we can just reset the patreon rewards, without there being a risk of corrupting the whole save game.
I think the best I can do here, is if you will the maybe top 5 items you lost, I’ll make an exception and restore those for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Since I don’t have a backup of your ship, it’s unfortunately a bit limited what I can do other than that.

Technically you died only by game features here; I don’t really see any bugs. Since you lost everything, I’m just trying to be nice and help you out, so you don’t have to start completely over.
So this is not something we can help with, since no bugs took place. Also it can naturally take a bit for us to solve tickets; especially in a busy period like right after a full wipe.

Thanks for looking,

If I have to pick a top 5, it would be:
2x Patron Core (1ea from NA/EU )(from patron rewards)
2x Alien Core (1ea from NA/EU )(from patron rewards)
4x XS Resource Package (1ea from NA/EU from last season/this season) (from patron rewards)
4x XL Resource Package (1ea from NA/EU from last season/this season) (from patron rewards)
2x Explorer Origin Guns (1ea from NA/EU )

Hard since I don’t have an inventory to reference, but I can cite the purchase/donation items at least. Sadly can’t cite how many DO:RE’s were in it.

I setup a BA “Globeadue Item Recovery” id 1685208 on Maaantch Moon 2 Xedo, that the items can be placed in.

As Dark said. For containers there is at least a popup coming up with YES / NO, if you really want to do that.
For plants, you see a red warning text but can still press F. That can end bad, yes.

Please make a suggestion for Eleon about it here:

About your Bad Horse CV: out of interest: did you click on the “Save Template” button?

Will investigate the rest.

@globeadue ok, I found your ship on RE EU just before you did your CSW back to RE NA with your 2 Patreon Cores etc.

Please pick it up yourself on RE EU.

1 Like

Joyous news!
The cores were the crutch of it, everything else is appreciated QoL
Secured the ship and confirmed its contents 8)
Much appreciated!

1 Like

be sure to check the dashboard for any taxes that may have been imposed by being in CSW…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.