Recovery of ship and contents after catwheeling into the ocean and subsquently blowing up

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> my ship cartwheeled across the world and sank to the bottom of a lake last week, I tried to recover it today and it blew up loosing all my items.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Deliverance

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 19.06

On which Playfield?
=>

Structure Name(s)?
=> M-E CV Pod - heavy store

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 11585556

How can we help you now?
=> Is it possible to restore the ship to the previous back up? when i tried to recover the ship from the ocean the generators overloaded and blew everything up resulting in me loosing all my in game resources. Frustrating as this was where I emptied my OCD to. I appreciate this may not be possible.

generators are not a gamebug, but user mistake :frowning:

Maybe @RexXxuS will restore it… Seems like a big loss for you!

If you need something while you wait for help/answers, please let me know. My ocd is to full, so can gladly help you out if needed =)

Absolutley generators overloading are my fault. but a ship that i never intended to fly cartwheeling 400m and sinking 100m is a bug :o)

its one of those things where if the bug hadn’t of happened I wouldn’t of lost the stuff! I didn’t get a generatory overload warning until they blew up. unfortunatley the store was made for SD Gamers server… well i can but ask and plead with server gods if they say no, so be it, easy come easy go i :o)

Personally I think all OCD’s should be wiped (not the levels) but thats a completely different argument

Hello,
I try to help as good as possible, just need some more information for context.

What does “cartwheeled” means?
When did the “cartwheeled” happened?
Only because the Generator exploded it does not mean all the loot is gone, so what exactly is missing and what did you take out before?
When did the exploding stuff happened exactly? When was the ship the last time in tact?

unfortunatley the store was made for SD Gamers server

And what does this mean?

Hi Rex,
Thank you for replying. Cartwheel is a somersault. I had visited the ship to reset the wipe counter around 7 days ago. The ship was stationery and parked on the land with the power turned off. (this has happened to multiple of our CV’s parked at our ship yards) When i next approached the ship and it rendered it started moving about like it had collided with something and was trying to free itself. It then rolled over several times and landed in the water and sank to the bottom. At the time it was registering as 500m away from my position. I cannot remember if I tried the get ship here command or because of the distance didn’t try it.
I had no way of emptying the ship with it being in pvp field and i wasnt high enough OCD. I left it where it was until i had more time to try and sort it out. I built a base near by to move the ship to to empty it. I thought when i got in the seat it would float back up to the surface but it didn’t move. I turned on the ship to see if that would work and pressed O to level it but it didn’t respond (i think it was just frozen and none reacting as sometimes the ships seem to be doing) I tried to move it to see if that would help. Generator then exploded which destroyed 4 of the cargo controllers. The ship now was floating on the surface. I searched the ship for the dropped loot boxes and swam down to the bottom of the ocean to see if they had sunk but they were no where to be seen. I assumed the contents had been destroyed by the generator explosion. The ship was built on another server, i beleive there is a higher power requirement on HWS so ships not built for the server tend to explode when first turned on, unfortunately I had forgotten this.
The ship blew up at 19.06 on the 22nd Feb, so anytime before that. It was the contents of cargo boxes 1,2, 3 and 4. I have the others although they were more or less empty. I don’t to be honest know what was in them exactly, anything i didnt want to carry on my ship. I think there was around 400 RP containers yellow, 4 stacks of small carbon blocks, 2 stacks of large carbon blocks, 48k armoured concrete blocks, 54k armoured steel blocks 10k hardened steel blocks. These i know for sure as i have a photograph of my ocd before i put stuff in originally. the rest will be stuff i’ve collected this season ores and loot.

if you are too busy or can’t recover it don’t worry about it, I’ll survive!
Thanks
Deliverance

1 Like

Damn, time flies by, totally forgot and just saw.

Ok, thank you for the detailed context. Always helpful to also understand what circumstances results in tickets like that - in this case a bug (Vessel off reposition bug), which should be hopefully fixed with the next patch.

In such situations it’s always good to have a video or screenshot of the most valuable content you lost. We can’t look inside backups, so to speak.
So for now I can’t restore your ship anymore but if you have screenshots from what you had before in terms of most valuable items, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.