Removal / Rework of HWS Donations

Wow, thanks so far for the positive feedback! Appreciated!

To answer some questions:

There is no back or forward thinking here. It comes if it comes. Next season.
Your current RP are as always converted to credits after a full wipe. 1RP = 7000 credits.

I see some got tricked by my Photoshop skillz :wink: These Ingots are of course “virtual” and not physical in your inventory.
Trading is something we have to think about… it could work like sending credits but since this is now a real big thing to trade we rather don’t do it that way. Too much dirty stuff with family share accounts etc. are possible then.
Don’t forget you can already trade HWS Ingots - by just being smart and trading Alien Containers. Pick the Containers and don’t have your Origin Weapon equipped to hoard / trade them.
So for a whole faction it’s all about coordination / teamwork / communication who should be the “HWS Ingot” leader, others can bring him the Alien Containers.

The Guilty zone guys, is not a lottery jackpot where you get stuff for free you not even have to pay taxes for. I don’t know where this image is coming from.
The Guilty Zone is a risk = reward system and totally voluntary.
To become unguilty there are zones you just have to visit and bam, you are unguilty.
So all cool here.

Yes, already available. Paxxo wrote about it in Discord somewhere.

Thanks again for the input!
Once the season started nicely we get it done asap.

1 Like

good idea - no trading of RP ingots but alien containers already enable RP trading so trading the ingots is not necessary

If they are tradible even by EB:send we might see the rise of the bankers again.

Yeah… no one wants to be doing coding for Envato, especially with people trying to spread those themes for free.

1 Like

I’d recommend removing the usual supporter/donation features altogether and replace them with monthly subscriptions.
Instead of 9$ for being a supporter change it into 1$ per month, you’ll have those 9$ in less than a year and from there on it’s profit.
Another supporter package could be 2$/month another premium one 5$ per month.
Those who already have supporter should be transfered to the new model (so as if they had entered a subscription) for a timespan depending on when they last paid.

As a benefit: every month supporter increases a small bonus you get as long as you stay supporter the bonus grows. Similar as the voting bonus that grows with each vote.

I’ve a lot of (very successful) experience with online business, and that’s what will work for a steady reliable income.
People who don’t play anymore will even keep their support running, in case they come back to not lose their bonus or cause they are too lazy for stopping the 1$ payments.

I like how it’s far away from pay2win (from what I saw so far), it needs to stay like that of course.
PayPal offers such subscriptions.

I will personally not support a monthly subscription, purely because it is inconvenient, and only benefits me while I am playing, which I don’t always do.

2 Likes

I agree with Zack; would not be interested in paying a monthly amount over the current packages and would rather just keep with the current way of supporting. Especially considering some of them are under permanent basis.

1 Like

Well could be an optional monthly one as well, also possible to just set everyone who is donator before the change to lifelong free donator.
But why would it be inconvenient ? It would be the same process as paying once, PayPal offers subscriptions for that purpose.

I just need to work faster but Patreon will be soon an option.

3 Likes

Yea, Patreon goes in that direction too.
I’d take a look into PayPal subscriptions too, they are very easy to implement and you can fully automate it with a bit of web scripting.
So it would be possible to completely automate the process of donations and registering it in your database without the need to do much (or any) work manually.

Incredible numbers.
(1) Someone with nearly 4000 RP definitely was not a casual player.
(2) You cannot earn 465 RP X 3 per season for voting, unless that season runs for 3 full calendar months 1st to 30th
(3) 5 RP per day “minimum origin activities” is 90 x 5 = 450, ok I agree with that one, I think most people probably get more than that
(4) 10 Origin containers per day every day? That’s a lot of POIs, not a casual player

There are other ways to get RP of course, voting on both NA and EU, having a BA on Homeworld, killing players, etc

There may be parts I have misunderstood, feel free to correct me. If someone actually manages 10,000 RP in a season, I will eat my CV :rocket: :canned_food:

As far as #4 goes nabbing 10 RP containers a day from POIS is actually quite easy and not very time consuming. I know a planet and certain “easy mode” POIs that net around 5-6 rep containers per 3 mins of work, with around 6 to 10 of them on planet(haven’t counted exact number) Also if your Freelancer there’s an instance that gives the grey container plus 2 or 3 yellows within 45secs of entering if you know where to look.

I thought about pushing for 10k rep just to do it, but it would be time consuming and take all my game time. But with your offer to eat your CV… might just tempt me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have ONLY found an origin container doing one mission (no others) and I have done dozens of POI’s and never found one origin container in any of them. Am I missing something?

I agree @ Chaplain
I found dozends of origin containers in huts on starter planet and barely any more outside.
Given the fact that it can take hours to finish larger POIs and only seconds to finish the ones on starter there is a problem.

The same counts for statues.
I collected 20-30 statues on starter in the first few days, I waited too long selling them so they became worthless.
Since that time I didn’t even collect them anymore. It’s like finding something worth 5-10k once per day.
Any other activity in the game is more rewarding.

Statues were properly priced before the latest commodity changes, I would have made maybe 2-4 million for all my statues and when selling them on atlantis a few days ago the amount was so small that it was definitely not worth the trip.
Statues were way too easy to find on starter and are way too rare outside starter.
Same on containers.

And even if statues were as frequently available as on starter, they clog up half your inventory.
Do the same with any metal ingots and you’ll make a lot more income.

One more thing:
I made some of the missions in ECC with a friend and the rewards were worthless.
Alien City, here the PDA failed for both of us (not sure about reward) and inside we found 3 enhanced guns. In 2 hours.

The prison breakout was worse, no reward at all. I died at the portal trying to run out when a message came it’s going to close in half a minute. I found ONE WAFFLE as loot and lost 3 epic guns.

So some missions need a reward overhaul so the time invested is worth it and the risk invested is massive in some cases.
The warning is horrible right now, 30 seconds to reach the portal ? You’d need warnings about the time all over so you know how much you have left.
30 seconds just means: Hey you are too late, you die and lose everything regardless what you try now :slight_smile: