Repair console restrictions for 8.0?

With 8.0 as it currently stands, you need a T2 repair bay, a repair console and a BA or CV to place these in, to utilise the new repair to blue print function.

For me I feel that a BA is the best place for this functionality and in particular a space base shipyard, as this is both more immersive and challenging.

If others felt the same way, HWS could have some different to vanilla game play if the console device was restricted to certain playfields and BA structures. Essentially this would allow the current (T1) repair block functionality in all playfields (especially PvP planets), but limit the full repair to blueprint to space shipyards (and possibly donator planets).

Not sure if this is even possible in HWS @Jascha @RexXxuS could perhaps advise? But if it was do others also see the logic in my thoughts, or not?

No.

2 Likes

The system hasn’t even been released on the live server yet, let’s see how it works out and restart this discussion near the end of the first 8 season if it’s needs changing.

Seems way to premature to be calling for big changes.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments, which are very much appreciated, you are certainly right to say this is early to think about!

I do like to look ahead and consider how new functionality will work in a multiplayer server verses the vanilla game and if there are any ways to leaverage the vanilla functions differently.

Often this means putting out ideas that may not be adopted (though some are), even if not adopted, hopfully further creative thoughts may be sparked for others.

Whilst I do like the idea as suggested above, I would not be surprised if I do find myself in the minority :grin: - which is ok!