Response to Community behavior

This is very likely what would tip anyone into a bout of anger. Perfection is impossible, even with a masterfully crafted game, you are working with an Alpha game, made by a start up company (not Blizzard, EA, or activision). Perfection is not possible.

That is the entitled American mindset, that everyone serves them. Those who would expect this from you, are probably little more than trolls in real life as well as in the game, especially as this game is not your principle (if at all) source of income in the real world. So to such persons, just tell them to !@#$ off. I principly have only called out your use of calling hoarders selfish and attacking the player community who wants to play the game in a manner contradictory to the PVP portion of the community. A portion which have a serious complaint about the pvp element, given that the game’s pvp elements are broken (not your or HWS’s fault).

I am finding this attitude cropping up across the world, not just in video games. Here is my take on it.

The game is broken and the person who said this has become a nihilist toward there being any solution, much like the general attitude of many Americans I know about our own political health (these tend to be the same people who acknowledge the coming second US civil war if we are unlucky, or a Soviet Union style death if we are lucky).

To be frank, this will not help the problem, it will in fact only make it worst, as it is a response to the before mentioned Nihilism and very nihilist (if not authoritarian) in its implementation. Look to history for what comes of any group which silenced decent or rebuttals, they continued to become harsher as it fed the psychological condition called Negative Feedback. Essentially it is why a great many American parents favor physical punishment with their children, such that they obtain absolute authority… The problem is that many such parents do not stop at one or two strikes, but continue fifteen, to thirty strikes… Until the child screams and such parents even state openly that it is only once the child screams that they believe the child has learned anything. This is representational of our cultures (which came from Europe) belief in public displays of violence to compel obedience and authority. It is why the US still strongly believes in the death penalty and why so many are easily convicted with such hefty sentencing for so many crimes which do not warrant the punishment (more to the point of our entire justice system being one with nearly an eighth of the population in or going through it in some fashion).

1 Like

Drama begins… :beer:

I am one of those that appreciate the hard work you are putting in the server and there are a lot standing with me on this but also a lot who don’t. Don’t waste your time on them there is a old proverb that goes: “you cannot discuss colors with a blind person” meaning this people will not get it, not at their current stage in life/development (hell maybe never).

However if there is one thing I have learned the meager years I spent on this planet is that hard things are what drive growth. Meaning when something gets to you it’s pointing out that there is room for personal growth. That’s is why I always look at how I can use these opportunities to grow on a psychological as well as spiritual level, I suggest you do the same. When people look at shit some see shit but others see fertilizer and a plant will use it to grow big and powerful.

4 Likes

Very nicely put PhAsR :slight_smile:

I share your message.

:slight_smile:
Best regards
Wise

Wall of text intertwining personal political beliefs and commentary with making a point in a video game, did not read. TL;DR?

Also Rexx - don’t let the haters get you down. I haven’t been here long, but I think you’re doing a fantastic job. Don’t let a bunch of people who have been told they are special their entire lives get under your skin - most of us understand how much work you put in, and greatly appreciate it.

3 Likes

This is not a political or racial soapbox, Lokiet. Please go to facebook for that. No room for that here. This is not my “American Authority” being crammed down your neck – its common sense.

Thank you for the positive comments, @Wiseman738, @Valkin & @PhAsR

post closed.

9 Likes