RP base suggestion

Im suggesting making RP base limits somewhat stricter to create more pvp action on homeworld. This is how it can be done

• limit the size to 1000 - 1010 blocks, anything over or under it makes you lose RP.
  • if the base has no fuel in it you allso lose RP

These 2 steps makes factions with RP bases on HW planets visit them more often thus creating more PVP couse repair/rebuild and its easier to sabotage the bases making people lose RP instead of gain it.

1 Like

Not a good ideq. Your base needs to have had 1000 blocks+ for at least 24h before you get RP. So doing this means destroy 10 blocks and enemy don’t get RP.

Maybe say 1000 - 1500 instead, so you have a chance to defend and keeps base above 1000.

4 Likes

The way server counts the time etc could be changed i believe. Maybe over 12h per 24h block count should stay on limits? My suggestion would make defending those bases crucial and same time you get more PVP. Theres allways the choise of not having those bases at all.

2 Likes

I feel like this change would not do anything to increase PvP, but just harm the smaller factions trying to get RP.

If I understand your post, the idea is that by making RP bases so fragile (only needing to shoot off 10 blocks to ‘ruin’ it) you would force factions to defend their RP bases and thus pvp?

The problem is, I can only think of one faction on NA that has the numbers to actually post guards to defend RP bases. The other smaller factions can’t really spare people to camp out at each planet’s RP base to prevent driveby attacks.

This means, the actual result of this change would just allow anyone with an SV to shoot out other faction’s RP bases too fast for that faction to arrive and defend, and thus it prevents that faction from getting the extra RP. The only factions that would still get RP are the ones big enough to post guards, and there aren’t many of those XD (Also, the big factions don’t really need More help getting advantages over the smaller ones… just sayin’)

A better solution would be to make RP bases MORE durable, not less. That would make killing those bases take longer, and then the factions owning the bases would have time to show up and defend their base. Thus, pvp!

You gotta make pvp more accessible to the smaller factions if you want more pvp. Changes that restrict pvp to the larger factions only kill the pvp game because of how few large factions there are that can take advantage of it.

My 2c anyway.

Actually not.
On EU nobody kills RP bases really(or at least they didn’t when i played), because it takes too long. So there’s nobody who were fighting on smaller HW planets because why would you?
It takes too long to kill an RP base, and enemy can just spawn new one in easily.

Making bases more fragile won’t really fix that, if no one is bothering to attack or defend them. All it will do is make it easier to deny other factions RP. You gotta make it possible for smaller factions to actually defend their stuff if you want to promote pvp. Making things easier to kill isn’t the solution to that.

After all, pvp takes two teams :slight_smile:

This is an interesting change. I agree that let say max 1500 spawnable blocks and 1000 to get rp. You need to destroy 500 blocks before stop the rp gain. Actually are just immense buried bases that nobody has interest to destroy since it will require an enourmous time and resources to take down and find the core. So with this change everybody needs to actively defend their bases. Pandora is the perfect exemple of this. Should be the most interesting planet but actually nobody goes there apart once for planting a buried base and sometimes for the racom.

2 Likes

Well i guess you would be more willing to defend your PVP base if you would start losing RP. One property i suggested was that you start losing RP if the block count was too small or too large. PVP takes 2 or more teams yes but planting PVP base takes just one player. My solution forces people to actually go back to repair or delete their broken base and that makes more people go to PVP playfields more often. And if you dont need to dig the core off of it (just to destroy some blocks) to make enemy lose rp makes it easier to sabotage enemy and get them to the playfield more often.

What we should do to increase PVP is to have human sacrifices. You must have a “temple” in PVP and then you must sacrifice the enemy to it! I suggest ABN as they have plenty of “willing” sacrifices :stuck_out_tongue: (friendly banter)

In addition to what lord of ping says, you can also make it so the base has to have the required blocks by the end of the cycle. Ie start with required blocks, and by the end of the time you have the required blocks you get rewarded. So if someone was to take off the 10 blocks, the owners would have to repair it before the end of the time cycle to get rewarded RP. I think your plan would work if it wasn’t an all or nothing. Meaning you HAVE to have the blocks the ENTIRE time. My solution is you have to meet the required requirements at the end of the 24h to get RP. So near the end of the time period you would have factions rushing out to maintain and repair the bases.