Season 9 PVE feedback

So I came back after skipping like 3 seasons so I thought on giving out some feedback (mostly rants).D
The starting planet is pretty good. Walked me thru the important stuff to know, and also makes sures that total noobs doesn’t reach the battlefield unprepared.
The spawn SV is a great idea, specially for people that are coming back from other seasons.
The real problem is the PVE difficulty. I tried some small POIS, and before when you found yourself low on ammo or health, you could exit the poi and fix the problem. Now the npcs keep spawing from nowhere, and you can get caught inside the poi very easily. Also the heavy armor feels like a paper armor now. A single zirax can melt you in 2 seconds! Still, I was able to get some epics and armor mods, so all was good.
Now, the real problem began once I decided to jump to lawless HW.
I surveyed the planet on the spawn SV. There was some poi with only 1 turret. I decided to look a bit closer and the turret fired. I withdrew, but a single hit blew the entire ship and killed me.
Ok, I was not supposed to be fighting in th spawn sv. But if this damage is normal, then somewere in the tutorial it should be stated that the alien weapons are boosted and normal steel SV is good for nothing.
I was able to recover my backpack, so I spawned a hardened SV and tried other POIs.
The next was the bunker, and this one was a game breaker.
Soo I was there, with my heavy armor and epic weapons. I blew up the door, and there was a lenghly elevador going down. You could see that there was no NPC spawner nearby, so it seemed safe to go.
Somewhere like ten meters to ground, 2 zirax magically spawned.
They kill you in 2 seconds, so dropping out of the elevator and landing right next to them didn’t seem a good tactic. Next problem, the game doesn’t let you aim straight down, so when the zirax walked to the elevatorm there was no way to hit him. Tried to run away, but they had no problem firing ar 90 degrees up and killing me in 3 shots. So down went the backpack, lost forever.
I have no problem in dying and losing stuff. but this just feels like the game just decided you had to die, so you die and lose all the stuff. That poi feels more like a boobytrap that a place where you can level up the 10 levels I still need to go up.
The invisible spawn stuff is a bad move. It’s like the game can kill you just when it wants and you cant do much about it. Certainly I’m not ready to lose my backpack everytime I enter a new POI that I don’t know from beforehand. Also the ‘bunker’ poi desing doesn’t feel right as it is now.

Other than that, I had a great time testing the new stuff like cargos and that. The people in the chat is great at explaining the stuff that is missing in the guide (like the alien containers, what are they for and how to deliver them, I couldn’t find those in the guide so I just placed some alien containers in my base) xD
going for some sleep now, maybe more feedback is due for later.

I totally agree about the invisible spawn points, they are just stupid. When some mobs can kill you in 2-3 hits, it’s a sure death to have 1-2 spawn behind you. It’s kept me from going into POI’s i had fun raiding before, POI’s where i could die 2-3 time if i wasn’t paying attention. That’s perfect balance IMO, but i’m not super skilled. I guess for someone really good, those POI’s we’re to easy.

I love the fact that mobs will now walk up stairs and slopes, that alone made the POI-raiding game experience so much harder. No more lazy walking out the door to heal, coz they will follow you around and keep you on your toes until they’re dead! Awesome stuff!

About POI-turrets; It should not be possible to tank 2-3 turrets while trying to take them out. They should hurt and they do, some more than others. Raiding a POI where there’s no nearby ridge to duck behind between shots, usually leave my SV looking like a swiss cheese and that’s the way it should be.

I agree about the bases that start with a long elevator down and when you’re half way down mobs spawn and turn the base into a shooting gallery. If you die the backpack falls to the bottom of the elevator making it even more evil. It’s a bad design where game mechanics favor mobs firing from below and you can’t shoot back.
I simply stopped going into those, they’re a death trap and not worth the risk/time IMO.

Another thing, but it’s about game mechanics; It wouldn’t hurt if the mobs hit harder but could actually miss now and then. They way it is now they hit every single shot, like they’re totally unaffected by reload times and shell velocity. it’s chilling not very immersive to no be able to dodge a shot … ever.
I realize it’s a matter of programming the AI and a certain level of RNG, but it would really add to the experience.

1 Like

I 100% agree!
NPCs have so much life and damage that most of the weapons and armor are completely useless!
The “Deus ex machina” spawns add the final blow!
Unfortunately I have already built the spaceship, otherwise I would have completely skipped this season!

The character in this game was already quite weak, but now it’s just a rat that has to run to take refuge from one structure to another…