Season 9 PVP Feedback

Jack, my apologies to Rexxxus on that one, I don’t know how I missed it - I warp through Atlantis just about every day.

TacoIsland, I’m certainly not asking for blueprints. It would just be nice if there were more resources in the Guide or forums. There’s tons of info on everything in the PvE aspect of the game, but tips for PvP seem to boil down to nothing more detailed or useful than “make your bases 30k+ out in space and don’t use Workshop ships” without even the slightest hints as to what’s wrong with the Workshop ships or even the most vague description of what sort of ships they should be using.

Some good basic info in that thread

I wouldn’t say ‘exploits’ errrm more like successful builds and so on, that’s the most important thing, but it can depend on which PVP faction you’re fighting, in GMC/PKA we punish anyone who is exploiting. But you’re right that the learning curve is SO STEEP on Empyrion/HWS that Vets would actually do a big favour in giving some info out about them and how they work, as well as some starter PVP designs (which we did last season) for people.

Some PVP factions are honourable and will actually help you once they have killed you, normally you’d end up with a net profit from them giving you more than you initially had, it’s just the thrill of the chase. Whereas I looked down on those who killed noobs without helping them out as ‘wiping’ people, especially new players, is a pretty lame thing to do.

Just look out for RED/OPG, the big ‘pirate’ factions, they don’t show that much in the way of mercy, if you see 'em it’s best to run! That isn’t me trash-talking them, it’s simply true from several years experience.

Best regards
Wise.

I am loving the new system as well, and agree that weapon ranges could use a little tweaking.

The entire outside ring of the universe is open to fairly low risk pvp with the ability to warp away for those just starting to get into fighting. Besides that we have someplace that is far more high stakes/rewards for those willing to take a risk.

I think the gate mechanic is hitting a fairly good balance if the goal is to leave something for everyone.

I activated a lot of new Supergate Connections and updated the current ones.

It’s… quite complex by now so have fun exploring / testing!

P.S.: The Supergates in Eden and Sanctuary System are waiting for their time…

2 Likes

i think atmosphere density impact on turrets range should be tuned, those shoot less distance than your nose is

I’m glad I’m not the only one to think that camping is a cancer in this type of video game. In my opinion the idea of the supergates is excellent to avoid the “any time escapes” that make PvP almost useless.
But camping on the supergate is not PvP! it’s like wasting time building a ship just for bet it in a “flip a coin”, if head you can have the privilege of trying to fight, otherwise you just lose, even before the playfield is loaded. this is not PvP.

You don’t need to use Supergates unless you want to go to Black Hole. Warps are safe but inconvenient, Supergates are fast and well placed but include extra risk. If you look at the map the only time you absolutely must use a Supergate in PVP is when you go from Black Hole to Homeworld(Unless I am missing something).