Season coming to a close

Can say it has been…interesting this season. Time was cut short. Perhaps for the better, we shall soon find out. For those that have not already prepared for this, there are quite a few tricks to make transitioning to another season much less painful.

The blueprint factory is your frienemy. It is nice to have several ships at the ready. It is handy to have needed materials stocked where they have no limits. This can cause several issues as well. I have made a few different factory stuffers for adding materials and OCD stuffers for getting those materials out. Below are just a couple of my most favorite. Creative mode is a wonderful place to build the wafer of choice. Look at devices and see which ones have the most materials that are currently in your BP factory in HWS then spawn to recycle it. With the recycle level 5, this is much handier than using a multi tool in most cases. CV’s seem to work the best for removing chunks of ingots. Making a CV block with the T3 & T4 extenders can get the optronics in the OCD as well.

Iron blocks slab. To fill and empty iron:

400 Advanced constructors. Mostly Neo and Titanium:

Assortment of T2 generators, XL thrusters, and advanced constructors:

Once you have the factory nearly empty, it’s time to fill it with a disposable army of sorts. I suggest at minimum a handful of warp capable CV’s and SV’s. A small teleport base is handy to have as needed. I have a decent disposable army at the ready on my workshop. I do take requests if someone finds a need that is not there.

Once you are all packed up and ready to live out the rest of limbo, I suggest camping out at ECC HQ. It’s basically a shopping mall and emergency evacuation shelter all in one. It does cost to keep structures but knowing the disposable arts keeps that in check. There are plenty of HQ missions to run during your stay. There is also quick access to the teleport monoliths if you need a base planted that is easy to get to and from. There are many ways to wait out the storm, Just post your questions and ideas here.

11 Likes

I suggest you move this to the HWS guides section and modify it so it applies to every new season. This is an excellent resource for new and experienced players alike.

4 Likes

Hi @Bob, just wanted to open a similar topic.

So, what I’m suggesting is kinda a poll to fill a level 1 OCD.

What are best 7 resources to keep during wipe?

Better to keep ingots?
Should I keep 10k erestrum or, maybe, 22k neodymium is better?

Xeno substrate or xeno blocks?

Are optronic bridges and matrixes important? Big AND small or just big ones?

Maybe I should keep my favourite Epic Heavy Sniper rifle? And what about some bullets?

A T2 multitool?

AM cores?

Fuel? Maybe 1000 fusions are better than 50 cores?

Should I calculate credit values based on marketplace and trying to keep as many valuables as possible?

That’s an open poll/discussion, so, everyone’s opinion is welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better to keep ingots? No better to keep ores, you can store more. Bes of all is to store advanced constructors, T2 generators and Hardened steel blocks

Should I keep 10k erestrum or, maybe, 22k neodymium is better?
Erestrum > neodymium
Xeno substrate or xeno blocks?

Are optronic bridges and matrixes important? Big AND small or just big ones?
You can’t store them in OCD, only the extenders. If OCD was small each one takes ultra epic slot so probably wouldnt bother. Otehrwsie 4CV ones for the new season gets you up and running fast.

Maybe I should keep my favourite Epic Heavy Sniper rifle? And what about some bullets?
Nope, all easy to get cheaply
A T2 multitool?
Heck no
AM cores?
If you are fed and have spares. Or you can try and make a cheap buck at the start of next season when they are rarer

Fuel? Maybe 1000 fusions are better than 50 cores?
Fuel is easy to get as well

Should I calculate credit values based on marketplace and trying to keep as many valuables as possible?
Nope, if you have OCD1 you can get OCD 5 easily next season regardless. Important thing is all the resources you need to get set up quickly and to replace key things if they get lost.
That’s an open poll/discussion, so, everyone’s opinion is welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

the problem with keeping ores is you must process them to use them. Ingots can be used directly Therefore eventhough it is less material I chose to keep ingots rather than ores

1 Like

yes during the season it is very useful to have ingots. i like to have a slot dedicated to each crafting material so i can make anything on the fly. this is very useful for my play style. it is a good idea to cook those ingots into devices to stack in your OCD towards the end of season as they will take up much less room. ore is preferred by most because u can essentially carry 4x as much material. aside from gold, 1 ore = 2 ingots. ore slots twice the size of the ingot’s.

once you have a high enough level, there will be room to accommodate many different possibilities. keep in mind just about any device can be stuffed in the blueprint factory and its raw materials will count.

1 Like

so far i have discovered the following items are great to store:

capacitor device - it takes 4 oscillators to make one. this is an excellent source for neo, titanium, and cobalt as well as for crafting needs.

advanced constructor - having them in the OCD can be very handy when needing to craft something on the fly. loaded with cobalt, neo, and titanium as well as the rest of the commons. great all around item for factory food.

T2 generator - has a decent mix of most all elements. heaviest on zascosium. also great for time reduction in the factory.

XL CV thruster - highly useful factory food with high amounts of zascosium and erestrum. another super time reduction item.

CV teleporter - good chunks of titanium and neo, followed by zascosium, erestrum, cobalt, and pentaxid. can say it is nice to pull these as needed for when i find myself in a CV without teleport abilities. they drain a ton of power to keep on so as needed can work for these currently. side note, currently power is not needed on an arrival pad. i usually empty the fuel before turning on a CV teleporter. if u time it right, u can the teleport menu up and the ship powering off has no affect on leaving unless you exit the menu.

T2 warp drive - by far one of the best assortments of materials. primarily titanium and neo but also has raw pentaxid. it is also very handy to have them at the ready for when your warp drive pops leaving you stranded.

1 Like

so, what i see from above, if i stuff as much as i can in to the bp factory, it will survive the wipe and be available to me in the next season., just to be sure.

negative ghost rider. the blueprint factory will wipe every season. this cannot be prevented, only worked around. these blueprints are for you to empty those materials to your OCD by turning them into useful parts that stack better than ingots.

ok thanks, i did notice that at lvl 3, OCD does not hold that much

1 Like

u can however as i did (because i got bored turning mats from factory into devices)
in the support us section of website is a option called Keep Blueprints Resources
this will move the factory resources to you’re OCD in form of ingots
NOTE: Keep in mind that the OCD must have enough slots/size to store it all!

1 Like

new season around the bend. bumping this for the newcomers

are you prepared?

5e6d159c7b6ce

bump!

bumped!

1 Like