Sell and buy RP

buy with credits, and again, everyone has their skills in this game,

Also you can buy many things with the support packages, i know its real money, but doesnt Eb bank 3 require rp to buy it in game the normal way, so in a way you can say we are manipulating the way rp is earned, by using real money to buy something and skipping the rp needs for it.

Igo, i understand what you mean, but i don’t think its a good idea. If reputation can be bought off at the highest bidder then this will make reputation useless as a feature. So its going to be about how much money you have instead of what standing you have with the faction. Things like that can’t be bought with money but with actions and character.

For example, if i’m from the Talon faction and you attack my natural enemies the Zirax, your standing will naturally increase. Do you think if you attack the Talon; destroy their cities, and massacre their people you can buy them off by simply paying them credits? I don’t think so.

So i think that same logic needs to be applied to all reputation. It has to be earned not bought off.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding what I meant and I appreciate your feedback here, however if this is the case then a few things need to be addressed.

1 - No more buying of support packages that require rp in game
2-no more selling alien containers at marketplace, as one did the work to get them no one should be allowed to buy them
3-no buying alien containers from NPC’s as it wasnt earned and bought with credits
4-if an event is taking place or mission, you have to be there for the whole duration and not show up last minute to gain that rp

I think thats fair really, if it isnt earned then it cant be obtained by the ways listed above, especially if your able to buy it with credits or real money

1 Like

I don’t think those should be taken into consideration though, the current means to get them right now doesn’t mean they will be taken advantage of. Currently there is a soft cap so to speak on how many RP containers are in game; you can only buy a few RP containers as the NPCs have a limited amount. Raiding POIs have only a limited amount. Missions only give a certain amount.

On the opposite side any individual that is gaining large amounts of gold would have an easy means to print RP, thereby negating all other means to gain RP either actively by doing missions, POIs, or passively such as voting or holding RP bases on planets that are contested. RP as a currency is also actively used to purchase support packages including donor planets and space via HWS Ingots.

Any change to this is not going to end well. Either the cost of HWS Ingots will skyrocket massively to combat this scenario or we will see more alt account farming and abuse of the connect features. And at worse it will risk alienating the rest of the players on HWS that are not as well off in game. It’s an overall bad idea.

Perhaps there is a logical solution here. Remove reputation from OCD requirements. It deosn’t make sense that you need standing to have an OCD or a larger OCD. Whats required for a larger OCD is just more resources to build it.

So it makes sense if OCD levels depended on how much resources and credits you had to upgrade them rather then standing. Because remember OCD means Orbital Cargo Drone which means its a real physical thing that holds things in storage for you. So logically to hold more you need more, and more iron and other resources to build it.

2 Likes

I do agree with you Taco, truthfully I do, but it is still not gained, no matter how we feel about it, so the logical thing is, should we or not allow it to be bought in any matter and we cant base it on the fact that rp should be gained by playing the game a certain way as I said before, we all have our skills.

If we allow buying of alien containers or buying support packages it is still the same as not earning it, do i want this no but its the truth and we cant avoid that, you made this clear when you said you have to earn rp.

removing rp cost from ocd or making rp purchasable may not be the fix. perhaps adjusting the rp cost for upgrades would be a compromisable solution.

1 Like

Israel_T-C -

Its a good idea, at least a start, perhaps there could be multiple ways of buying things like OCD or bank levels,

For example:
OCD 7 is bought for 700mil and 1250 rp

or you can buy it for

Ocd is bought with 1.2billion, of course this is just an example and I wouldnt know the fair price for that but its an idea

In this way it avoids all the issues that Taco suggested in his last post as I believe he is correct on the impact it would cost if we make rp only a gainable thing and not bought by other means

This is also a good idea and probably the simplest way as its most likely a quick script change and all is good.

In the end, Rp is hard for some players no matter if they play much more hrs then the best rp gainers in the game, some ppl just have the skills to do it then others

1 Like

Is full of alien containers on market. You can earn credits and buy them. I need 10k rp for ocd 10 i hope to make it this season :smiley:

1 Like