Shield capacitors not working?

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?

=> I added shield capacitors to my CV, at first they seemed to work boosting the shield strength and when activated it would read at 100%. But then they seemed to not work. Sometime after the first day when the shield is activated it reads 10% instead of 100%. Max strength, I am assuming is the number in the shield box? In my case 50450. It is an advanced shield generator. (See screenshot. Note that it reads 10%). I am aware of the drawdown in shield strength due to the thrusters and weapons loadout, which I calculated to be 860. Also I have 3 large shield capacitors and 2 shield capacitor banks. Do these items need any special positioning to operate, like being placed end to end or anything else? Should the number of banks be the same as the large capacitors? Why does the shield box not read 100% when the shields are activated? there is plenty of generator power and fuel.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> RedDaggar

Server? (EU or NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> I noticed it last Monday at sixish 0600 server time it is sunday 15 May 6:28 and still an issue, (if it is an issue).

On which Playfield?
=> Samehir system: planet Tada.

Structure Name(s)?
=> The CV is labeled “Slugger RE 2B stript” and its ID is 5843725. It is sitting at WTF processing base
ID: 2638478.

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 5843725 at 2638478.

How can we help you now?
=> Help me determine why the shield with capacitors does not read at 100% after charging up.

additional notes, I upgraded the shield after the capacitors were added and added weapons after that also, does the order of installation of the items matter?

The shield capacitors reduce the shield recharge rate. Without adding rechargers to compensate you will be at or below 0 recharge and your shield will not fill back up without going to a repair station and doing it manually. Ideally you need to balance capacitors and chargers to what you feel is a good recharge rate while not losing to much capacity.

1 Like

So its a balancing act! Thanks guys!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.