Ship disabled but no visible damage

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> Ship was disabled when left hovering near but not accessible to horrors at aln Unknown Artifact.

Player(s) with issue:
=> Because it would not fly I ended up deconstructing the entire ship by hand losing the NPC core that was in it. I had no repair capability. The ship was not accessible to any NPCs. I parked it close enough to get out and use drone to recover backpack. Then went about clearing POI with my other assault SV which also got disabled but is of no significant value and did come into contact with horrors. Neither ship displayed any external damage of any kind. They just stopped working. I cb’d them to a nearby land mass to deconstruct. Today I was told I should file a ticket by my faction mates in F_U. They said it was a bug.

Server:
=> NA

Time (cb:time):
=> uncertain - late afternoon, evening PST

Playfield:
=> Freelancer HQ

Structure Name(s):
=> Postal Delivery

Structure ID(s):
=> 1889776

How can we help you now:
=> Recover ship or at least the NPC core. This hurts. I was very careful not to expose it to danger.

Hi

I don’t really get all the story… but do you know about that?

(Alien Core)

Keep in mind that even if you are sitting in a cockpit, total horrors or other NPCs will attack your ship.
I restored the Alien Core for now.

Thank you very much. I know it’s complicated. Let me try to explain it better.
I flew my alien/NPC-cored ship in order to recover a backpack because I was short on time.
I parked it 90 degrees around the corner from the entry point I had created and about 10 feet away from the side of the Unknown Artifact, Horrors should not have even be aware of it as I was not in it but on the first disabled ship that was still stuck at the entry point. I had jetpacked to the first disabled ship and was standing on it when I launched the drone to recover my backpack. When horrors attack they just fall into the water below if they can’t reach your ship so they should not have been able to reach my good alien/NPC-cored ship even if they wanted to. Anyway, after recovering my backpack and being chased off. I fell and swam and issued getshipdown to recover my good ship. I had no reason to believe it had been attacked or that horrors could reach it even if they somehow discovered it around the corner. Once I get the ship down, I discovered it wouldn’t fly. It was physically intact but completely disabled. Is it possible for horrors to disable a ship like that? or was it just because it was hovering nearby that I lost possession of the ship? I don’t know. I’m sorry I can’t offer more information. Thanks again for sending me the core and thanks for the info. It is much appreciated.

They can’t disable a ship, nope. Yeah, maybe some bug happened. Hence maybe the trick with TAB + Control Panel would have worked. Can’t say from logs.
We will find out next time maybe :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.