Ship missing from factory

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I finished gathering the blocks SI - Shiva AX20 [T4] earlier this afternoon and started construction on it. It said it would take 3 hrs 46 mins. I came back just now and my materials are used and I cannot spawn the ship.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> jimmay

Server? (EU or NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Today, 10/29/2020

On which Playfield?
=>

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> I either need the materials back or the ship. Either is fine.

Hello @Jimmay

sorry to hear but we have no control whatsoever about player blueprints like that.
Can’t help here unfortunately.

If I were asking about an issue with the blueprint itself, I would understand your comment. I’ve already confirmed the ship can be spawned in creative mode. I tried it before I even started collecting blocks for it. I simply told you which blueprint so you would know the blocks involved.

I’m actually asking about the integrity of the data on your server. It shouldn’t matter what blueprint I’m making, once I start construction of a product in the factory, I expect the product to be delivered at the end of the construction time. If it disappears, how is that an issue with the particular blueprint? It’s an issue of losing player data between restarts.

I would hope you could please reconsider your position and help with a data integrity issue.

Thanks!

I was just reading this thread on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/1728701877463760680/

If this is accurate, perhaps this is what happened?

“Blueprints and the factory are tied to the individual computer. You can’t start a blueprint on one computer and then spawn it in on another computer, unless you manually copy and paste the correct files back and forth every time you change PC’s.”

"It’s stored client side AND server side and they have to match, otherwise the server deletes the files on it’s side and you lose the completed blueprint and all the materials to make it.

So if the client tries to alter the files (such as starting a cheap blueprint and swapping it for an expensive one) then the client files won’t match the server. The server then deletes the files on next log in by that player and everything is lost.

That prevents cheating.

The downside to that is that you can’t really play from multiple PC’s on one server, unless you are always 100% positive you have copied the factory files from one PC to the other BEFORE you log in to the server. Once you log in and they don’t match they are gone."

I started the laptop midday on my laptop because I was at work and last night when I reported the bug, I was on my main PC. I went back and looked at the laptop and it is not there either.

I went looking at local files on my computer and found this folder: https://imgur.com/a/4q6gKbY and https://imgur.com/a/S2crqmz

I hope that shows you I’m not full of it. Thanks

They are indeed tied to the local computer that started them. Logging in from another computer BEFORE copying those files over on the client results in the blueprint and all materials being lost.

This is a known game limitation. The devs have no planned fix for this either.

Unfortunately, there are absolutely ZERO logs that the game generates when this happens. There is zero way for the admins of the server to either confirm or deny that you lost it, therefore there is no way to prove what you say is true.
Without logs, and more importantly without proof, there is no way for the admins to restore anything lost because of blueprints.

This is something you have to take up with Eleon and not the server. The server can do nothing about it without logs or video proof (and there are no logs of this as I already said).

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately the server admins can’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.